For WOMEN: Period Calendar $4.99->FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by IGGYapps, Feb 12, 2015.

1. IGGYapps

IGGYapps Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Hello!
    The Best Calendar for Women WOW is FREE till the end of the weekend (Febr 15)
    (The app ordinary costs $4.99)

- NO ADS!
    - PRECISE CYCLE CALCULATION
    - OFFLINE MODE
    - 3 MODES: want to conceive, birth control, cycle calculation

WOW has photonotes, intime diary, reminders and handy medical history to insert tests, analyses, medical appointments and treatments.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

DOWNLOAD NOW and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Can I use this as a reminder of when to water my cactus tree?

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You've just made my day.

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Plus one

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Anyone who got this have any impressions? I use Ovulation Calendar ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ovulation-calendar-monthly/id285831736?mt=8 ) ATM... How does this compare to other apps? UI, stats, crashing, data retention, ect...?

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've been called dude or bro on here so many times I've lost count so you're not the only one who assumes.
    There's loads of females on here.

7. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    It's hard to tell when everyone is anonymous XD

8. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I feel bad for thinking syntheticvoid was a guy.

I just feel like games are guy thing so I still think the majority of members are male.
    Girls are cool though, don't get me wrong :p

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, I am... I just keep track for my wife... I have for years. I had an iPod before we both got iPhones, and I used Ovulatipn Calendar back then too... So it's just always been me that does it. =oP

10. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

It's still not clear what you are. You could be a woman (they love chatting, look at your postings counter) having a wife. For me personally it's not so important.

I've heard before that those kind of apps are mostly used by males. Is that true?

(Thx @ OP for heads-up btw.)

11. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Can I ask what these type of calendars do that a regular calender wouldn't? I dloaded one when I first got an device to remind me to take the birth control pill, but realised I could just set an alarm on my device to do the same thing and ended up deleting it. I don't track my periods to be honest, (very irregular do to my current birth control) but just wondered what the advantages are of this type of app vs a regular calender app ? I think it's sounds like a good idea but not sure I'd have two things doing the same thing on my device as I want the space for games but if I ever switched back to previous birth control then I'd certainly consider using something like this if it offers something different.

Agree that the majority of members are male, but I disagree about games being a guy thing though. :)

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've always assumed they were mainly for if you are trying for a baby, to find out when you are most fertile.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #13 syntheticvoid, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    They track fertility, give you approximations as to when you'll start and end your cycles, and helps you keep track of symptoms. We (I) use it because, well... It can usually keep track of all relative information we need when going to the Dr. My wife has 1 ovary and has had a couple ectopic pregnancies. Basically it's full of info about when we do stuff, how much stuff we do, how heavy her flow is, how bad cramps are and keeps track of fertile times (which is when we are NOT suppose to do stuff... Fear of yet another visit to the hospital [they said next time they'll have to give her a full hysterectomy(? I think I'm wording all this correctly..])

Long story short, we use it so as to not plug up our event calendar with all this... And the event calendar doesn't have charts and projections...

And Habakuk, I would hope that me saying 'Ha, I am' to someone saying they thought I was a guy would be enough of an answer to the guy/girl question for you to have a reasonable percentage of sureness that I'm one and not the other. But to be very clear and 100% transparent, I HAVE A DINGDONG NOT A YUMYUM

**edit**

Anyway, the whole reason I posted was;:; the app I'm using, I don't like the UI/layout, and I've lost data a couple times... Was hoping this was more stable and comfortable to use...

14. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Just for the sake of transparency, are you a guy or a girl? I'm confused.

15. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thank you synth, makes total sense now, i hadn't realised they hold so much info so it makes sense why a regular calender wouldn't be useful.

Would downloading this one and using alongside with your regular one for a little while be an option? Then if it doesn't crash you could delete the previous one. Entering the data on two apps might be a pain though.

16. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

See it like that: This very thread has TWO built-in puzzle games.

1. What is this kind of app for?

2. Is synthie a man or a woman?

Thanks for any light shed on that. (As said before, the second question isn't THAT important.) Some info for approaching to the solution of the first puzzle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertility
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Well this managed to get deleted in seconds - it requires you to "sign up" (though to what, I don't know) which involves inputting height (don't know exactly, never needed to know) weight (ditto) when your last period started (ditto) how long your periods usually last (guess what - ditto).

What I need is an app where I can input when my period starts and ends, and what symptoms I have (all as they happen rather than me having to remember what happened last time!), and I would like to be able to see at what point in my cycle different symptoms happened eg I look up "nausea" and it says "happens on days 1-4" or something like that.
    And I don't want to have to log on to anything.
    Has anyone got any suggestions of apps that would let me do that?

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I was hoping I could avoid doing that, but I've got it on my device now so I might as well.

And sorry for continuing with the derailation of the thread, but if it helps anyone out, think of me as a guy and girl using the same account. What does it REALLY matter what gender anyone online is unless you've got some motive (maybe that's the wrong word here, I'm not implying any harm behind whatever said motive is...) behind the interaction? Maybe I'm just not seeing it the way others are...? I dunno...

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The one I mentioned above, that I'm currently using now - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ovulation-calendar-monthly/id285831736?mt=8

But it does NOT let you just type in or look up a symptom and see the days you had those symptoms. You can manually go into the calendar and check to see, and there are also little icons that'll appear on the calendar when you input info on any given day so that you can easily find those days when going through it.

There are also no signups.

And thank you for the info here, I'll be sure and have a throwaway e-mail ready. =oP

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Well, icons on a calendar would be clear enough I suppose. There's some symptoms I get that I have finally twigged might be hormone / cycle related, but I need to keep track of the symptoms + my cycle to make sure, before I see the Dr about it.