For those of you with a PSP or DS...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GatorDeb, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    weird. IMO, it's the lite the looks like a kiddy toy. smaller so that little hands that grip it. but yeah, the original one is one heck of a monster. that thing could withstand an h-bomb.

2. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    I think it's cause my Phat DS is the navy blue one, so to my eyes it looks like...have you seen those 'Baby's first CD Player' things, where they have like one square inch of plastic casing and are really colorful? It reminds me of that. And the lite DS is smaller, so it seems like the user is more mature because their DS is more thin and breakable.

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I use my iphone for gaming because it is more portable, i have it with me at all times, plus i can have 148 different games to play with, so i will never get bored. I dont really care what people think of me.

4. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    hahaha that made my day ^_^

5. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

I have an iPod Touch and DS. I NEVER play my DS anymore, just because it's trash compared to my iTouch and I never had that many games in the first place. I love my iPod Touch. :p

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I will dust off my PSP (haven't touched it ever since I got my touch the day it was available in stores :)) when Patapon 2 comes out, and then that will be my life for weeks. I'll easily drain 40-50 hours into Patapon 2, if not more

7. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    The touch still has a way's to go. The DS is ridiculously addictive and has a pretty good library of games. The touch and iphone haven't carved an good enough game niche yet.

night, everyone

8. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    haha cute Japanese girls.....

9. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    wait are you serious i hate the ds its graphics are terrible, its just a bounch of blocks moving, its just junk....

10. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    meh. you made me log back on lol. the graphics are decent. you don't need amazing detailed graphics for fun games. some of the devs of those games use the ds's hardware pretty well.

what I'm talking about is the gaming platform aspect.

The reason the iphone and touch have so much gaming leverage is only because we always have our idevices with us. idevices aren't considered a mainstream gaming device. until it's considered so, the ds will have the advantage. yeah, sure, some of the games in the appstore have amazing graphics, but not all of the games are fun.

and final question:

does the appstore have mario, sonic, zelda, and megaman?

the games in the appstore will have to impress before they overtake the funness (IMO) of the ds.