For those of you with a PSP or DS...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GatorDeb, Feb 21, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Wanted to make a more descriptive title but ran out of room.

I never use the PSP but use the DS for hours at work every day. But I go to shows a lot (live in Vegas) and find myself taking the Touch because it looks more grown up. Lately I've become self-conscious about taking the DS to shows. But with the iDevice I not only look like a grown up, I look cool! :cool:

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    PSP: 13-15 year olds with baggy pants, baseball caps, and skull shirts.
    DS: 3-11 year olds and cute, japanese girls in college.

This point has been made I don't know how many times. Point of the thread?

3. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    whats the question?

4. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Well it makes more sense to have it because with the iPhone it's a phone first, they don't know if your txting or email or important stuff... If you whipped out your DS while standing in line somewhere, yeah i'd think you were a nerd ha but you know if it makes you happy don't let anyone tell you otherwise

5. chicks love guys that play DS

6. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Do you find yourself leaving the DS/PSP at home and taking the iDevice because you think others are looking at you weird because you're a grown person playing with a kid's toy? BTW I'm 30 years old so depending on your age this may vary ;)

7. <Hollister>

<Hollister> Well-Known Member

Well good for you mr grown up :p

(what's the point of this thread?)

8. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Ha.

I liked both my devices at first, but I almost "outgrew" my DS except for Mario Kart. I played my psp A LOT one summer, and then my touch came into my life and I haven't touched my psp since. I never carried around my psp or ds to many public events, but now that I have my Touch it's awesome cause I take it everywhere.

P.S. This should be in the lounge

9. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm 14, so, sure I'd look silly with a DS, but those things are still pretty awesome. I was addicted with mine 'til it broke, then I shifted over to mp3 players.

PSPs, eh, they need serious revamping. They're like bricks, and kinda ugly. Sony, if they know what's good for them, should be getting a new one ready for christmas.

10. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Probably. I haven't ventured out too much outside of this forum, it's a scary world out there :D

The point of the thread is... since getting the iDevice, do you find yourself using it more in public instead of a DS/PSP because you think people are judging you by playing a portable video game system in public?

11. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008

Those are two different questions.

edit: nvm. they're not :p I thought you were talking about what they looked like and what they are.

12. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    i agree psps are ugly as, as, as, ummmmmm, as, as pablos butt!!!!

:eek:

but

i had a psp and DS and ipotch and i sold them both and got a ipod touch. I made like 200 dollars off that and im using it all for ipod games.....

13. Alichan

Alichan Guest

Yes, I hear you. I'm 32. If I'm on the train, I usually get out the iTouch and stare meaningfully at all the pretty icons. No one bats an eye lid;) Little do they know I am trying to save humanity from the evil clutches of...
    Conversely, The PSP is something strictly for the home. I just can't bring myself to turn it on in public. I feel like a total nerd. Pathetic I know:eek:

14. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    When alone for long travels where I just need enterainment, the DS is the C-L-E-A-R winner.

1) Games like The World Ends With You, Metroid Prime hunters, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

2) battery life is up-to 10 times (2 hours when the iDevice is under max. pressure, the DS gives 20 hours with the lowest brightness, Wi-Fi off and a graphic HEAVY game)

these are the primary. The games on DS is still bigger, better and far more bad ass (;P)

Then again, when I just go to school, the iDevice is waaay superior because i use it as a video player, music player, game consol, note pad (I really do), web browser (once I get accesse to the school network) and so on.

All this in one device! I know the DS can do this too with mods enough, but the screen sucks, and I don't want the mess.

15. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    No, sorry. 14year old kids look silly with $600 smartphones not with a DS. ;)

16. LesPaul

LesPaul Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    nope lol

17. GBX

GBX Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    regardless of which device is omg im so cool to carry around with you,

The iphone wishes its games were 10% as good as an average ds or psp game, and this is coming from someone that owns all three.

I admit I carry my iphone around and leave my ds and psp at home quite often...Is this because I find the library on my phone superior? No, rather it is because I do not like carrying too many electronics with me. Since the iPhone is my dedicated communication device I am forced to play what it offers.

As a pick up and play console when you are on the bus or sitting / waiting it doesn't dissapoint.. I just wish it had more meaningful games when you are sitting @ home plugged into ur charger with full 3g/wifi capability =)

18. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    No, because I'm an actual mature adult who doesn't actually care that much what people may or may not think of me. And I'm not that self absorbed.

I'm sorry...but if people judge you because of what device you happen to be holding then do you really care what those people think? Are those shallow people the type of folk you want to know or care about in any way whatsoever? So why give a flying flip about what they think of you? It's silly, tbqh.

19. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Wrong forum. This is the iPhone and iPod Touch Games section. This belongs in the Lounge.

Anyways, I don't know why you'd rather take a DS then a touch but if you seriously like the DS better and want to take it, go ahead. I personally wouldn't like to be seen with a DS or PSP but I don't really care when I saw people with them. So you shouldn't care either.

20. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Yes they do. The problem is, that 8-10 year old kids like them too. I have no problem playing DS in a train for example, but it gets wired after 3-4 kids surround you to watch you playing. On the other hand I met 2 nice girls thanks to my DS. ;)