[For Hire] Experienced writer looking for work

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by EightRooks, Jul 25, 2012.

1. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Hey TouchArcade,

I'd like to advertise my skills as a writer should anyone be interested in hiring.

I'm a critic with seven or eight years' worth of experience writing online, talking about films and videogames. I contribute to a fairly successful film website, Twitchfilm, with monthly page views into seven figures, travelling around Europe to different film festivals to represent the site and talking about the movies I've seen. You can see my collected reviews and features for Twitch here.

I'm also working for BeefJack, a smaller, steadily growing videogames site, writing mobile, console and PC reviews and also feature articles from dumb fun humour pieces to serious social commentary. You can see my work for BeefJack here.

I've also written briefly for PocketGamer, and a (now defunct) PC game mods site called UserCreated.

I'm a first-class honours graduate in Creative Writing and I've been in various amateur writers' circles on the internet for the better part of the past ten years, several of which had working, published professionals among their members. I've also worked for a partially sighted university professor for the past five years or so, helping him research, prepare and proofread lectures and course material.

I've done a lengthy script revision (around 14,000 words) for one developer whose game has been featured on TouchArcade, which is currently awaiting final approval before being worked into an iOS update and future Android version. I also briefly worked on script and backstory for a (now dead) modding project aiming to recreate the old PC classic Outcast in Crytek's CryEngine. And, well, I'd like to do more. I'm interested in working on lore and fiction, or script doctoring, that kind of thing, but I'll consider most stuff.

This is partly just testing the waters - if no-one's looking right now, or if my skills aren't all that, fair enough! Let the sound of crickets fill up this thread. But if there's anyone who thinks they might have some work for me just let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP.

You can PM me on this forum or mail me at

eightrooks (at) hotmail (dot) com

Carry on.