Universal Footy Golf (By Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, Apr 12, 2017.

1. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    #21 smes3817, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Loving this! I miss their numbered icons though.

Question: I earned a golden medal badge on 1-13 but have no idea how. Anyone know?

Edit: Hmm, I'm thinking it's when you beat the best 3-star goal. So if 3-stars on a level is two shots but you make it in 1, then you get the golden medal.

2. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    #22 retrogamOR, Apr 13, 2017
    Another great title from Donut Games.

Does anyone know if the IAP removes the ads? They're not too much of a problem,but everytime one plays,the install size of the game rises (mine's currently at about 50mb now).Which is a shame,because as with most Donut Games titles,the install size is tiny.

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I think you maybe talking about the "Golden Goal" medal.... I've gotten that when getting a "hole in one"

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Curious as well, anyone know?

5. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Golden Points

Getting a 3-star rating can be seen as completing a course on par, using golf terminology.

Completing a course with fewer shots is considered a Golden Goal, and you get one Golden Point for each shot under par:

I.e.
    1 Golden Point = 1 Under Par = Birdie
    2 Golden Points = 2 Under Par = Eagle

(We've even managed to squeeze 3 Golden Points on a few levels during development. ;) )

Personally, I'm really thrilled to see how many Golden Points our fans will be able to squeeze out of these 80 courses now that the game is out there among the REAL gamers. :)

6. neilsarkar

neilsarkar Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 9, 2017
    Founder at Super Serious Company
    Baleal, Portugal
    Still not seeing this on the US app store. Is the rollout limited somehow?

7. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    No, the IAP simply adds more coins - a whole bunch of them, but with same functionality as the ones you collect throughout the courses.

We figured this was the most fair approach since it means players on a limited budget can still unlock all levels by being diligent collectors instead of paying. But anyone looking to unlock all characters without IAPs will need to spend quite some time collecting.

So again, you can't remove the ads altogether, but they are only triggered every now and then when unlocking new courses. So once you've unlocked them all, you can backtrack as much as you like without watching another ad.
    Of course, you can trigger still them manually (the icon in the top-right corner) if you want the extra 25 coins reward from time to time.

Hope this makes sense!

8. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks for the clarification! Even after all these years, I still get ridiculously excited for a new Donut Games game. Keep them coming!

9. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    No, it should be available in all territories. But it seems there are some problems with some iTunes / App Store servers. :O

I'll try to get in contact with Apple.

10. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    And it's always ridiculously exciting to release a new game. :D

I always tend to underestimate the thrill and nervousness connected to a new release, especially the first 1 or 2 days. You never know how people will react, so it has been really comforting to read your positive feedback in here. Thanks for appreciating our work! :)

11. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Still just getting spinning wheel on AppStore when trying to get this.

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Donut Guys - fantastic job and always good to see you here. This has shot straight to the top of the quick play addictive games (but also good for longer sessions too). Love the replayability and the quest to find that perfect shot that gets you that diamond or Golden Goal.

Question on the characters....do they all have different abilities (like the balls) or is it more cosmetic? I have a feeling it's cosmetic/something to unlock, but wanted to ask.

Thanks again for making this gem.

13. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    I can't see or download this either from the AppStore.

14. clay2361

clay2361 New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    #34 clay2361, Apr 13, 2017
    Great game!!

15. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Great fun!
    I am not able to buy 500coins anyhow.
    35 golden medals for world one and two so far (including one shot with 3 below "par" # )

Now for world 3 & 4. Addictive!!!!

16. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Have you been able to download yet? I am still unable.

17. JervoNYC

JervoNYC Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2012
    It's been a spinning wheel for me all day today.

18. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Made the last level with 5 shots (par 9) but did "only" get 3 gold points. Why? :cool:

19. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea I've been trying to check it out for 2 days now. Wonder if it's not out in the us? Sucks if it is launched here and there's just a problem with the App Store.

20. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Really? :eek: I was sort of hoping it wasn't possible to get more than 3 Golden Points on a level. *LOL*
    Basically, these extra points were capped on 3 because of visual limitations (4 golden balls won't fit inside the level selector boxes)

I'll remove the capping and redesign the UI for v1.01... *Note to self! Never underestimate the catters!* ;)