iPhone Football Manager Touch 2016 (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #21 Gambler, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Ok I get were you coming from.

But I also understand their decision about the Pro "support" you miss so dearly. I can only speak from articles I read but the Pro is mainly marketed as a work station than a gaming device. Also the people I know who bought a Pro all got it for work purposes. I know this is not representative but the stylus support and the new smart connector for keyboards etc also seem to go into that direction.

I'm not saying the Pro wouldn't be great for games but for the moment it rather looks like the main target audience are business customers so I don't think Pro support is of the utmost concern for most (iOS) gaming companies at the moment. (Besides, lots of business apps don't seem to be optimized for the Pro yet either)

And sure the iPhone 6s / 6s plus is faster than the Air / Air 2 (at least Single Core, Multi Core the Air 2 seems to have a slight edge) but I don't think the decision not to include the iPhone 6s plus into this version just comes down to corporate greed (SEGA wanting to sell two versions for people with both devices) but rather to battery life and the still significatly smaller screen of the 6s plus (even compared to a Mini).

They'll probably include the new "phablets" somewhere down the line though, maybe next year ...

2. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    I hope that happens and that we can have FM Touch on the larger iPhones in a near future. Currently, owners of an iPhone Plus are left with FM Mobile which doesn't even support the native resolution, having to endure subpar gameplay with disproportional keyboards that hinder text input and cover most of the screen estate.

3. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Well that is a Pitty

4. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    The 3D match looks terrible! Why does it show so blurry and pixelated?

Is that how the match engine is supposed to look on iOS?

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That video looks blurry and pixelated because it's playing at a low resolution or bad compression. I cant even read the text. Other footage I've seen of this game makes it look very crisp.

But that video shows off the style and type of gameplay the game offers.

6. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    So the 3D match engine plays sharp and crisp on the iPad?

7. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    2 big questions:

1. Is the match engine now fixed? Crisp and sharp, too?

2. Is the scrolling better than in the previous iteration? They seem to have improved it for the other version for this year. Did they do it here as well? Does anybody own both versions and can compare?

Thank you, still on the fence about his one.

8. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    What are the bug fixes in the recent patch?

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I just got a new iPad Pro 9.7 and this game looks great on it. It really is too bad that this isn't offered on mobile, though, because FMM doesn't offer MLS even though it is easy incorporated in FMT. If I want to manage my favorite MLS club I always have to lug around this iPad now, which is great to have, but I would also love the option to manage MLS on mobile. But the FMM team and SEGA don't seem willing to do what needs to be done to put MLS on the mobile version. But the best answer would be to just make this a universal app. Then I'd happily buy both for 2017.

10. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Just curious which one you prefer to play? Fmt or Fmm...if you have to choose one

11. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

Keep in mind that Football Manager Mobile barely supports the iPad with a low resolution interface that's blurry. It's really an outdated mess, FMT is a much superior game and actually supported.

A shame really to see FMM so abandoned.

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, I began on FMM so I'd prefer to play that streamlined version, but the absence of MLS has pushed me toward playing more FMT. Having my club in the playoffs has me more excited to play that. Plus having it be seamless to play the same save on both iPad and Steam on my Mac makes it quite versitile. But if they put MLS in FMM, I'd probably be back to playing that more since I prefer gaming on my iPhone. And I actually do like the 2D match engine.

But, if we could just get FMT on smaller devices, we could have the best of both worlds. Plus so many more people would buy it for their mobiles I think. The 2D match engine and absence of a lot of leagues really puts people off of FMM.

It really all comes down to what you want to view and what leagues you want to play. Since I'm also a Chelsea supporter, I still manage them in FMM.

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Agreed. If you're gaming on an iPad, FMT is the way to go. FMM feels like a very different game from the other two, which is a bummer. But I do appreciate how quick it plays. However, they still haven't even implemented a simulate option and you have to play every match, which is kind of opposing the streamlined vision.

I just wish they'd start with FMT and try to implement that game with a mobile-friendly interface for FMM instead of continuing the lesser product every year. I'll be interested to see the additions this year to figure out whether I'll still buy both or just focus on FMT for 2017.