Universal Football Manager Mobile 2018 (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 10, 2017.

1. donpawley

donpawley New Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Had a break last year from this and Touch but back for more this year. Hoping for good thinks Marc!! Off on Holiday to Cornwall so will give it a good blast this week between walking. Feedback later.:)

2. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Why this game is not available in Brazil App Store?

3. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    It takes a while to do translations and such - at present I'm afraid the Indonesian language isn't planned for this version, that doesn't mean it won't ever happen ... just not in the short-term, sorry.

4. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    I expect it might be to do with licensing and such, apologies for any inconvenience.

5. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

It is possible this year to see a complete match or like last years only highlights?
    It's a change I ask every year but unfortunately until now no one seems to care.
    Only an option, see complete match or only highlights. No 3D, no difficult things. The same match engine but for a complete match.
    Why is so difficult to implement?
    If I want to run I choose highlights, if have time I choose the complete match.
    Thanks

6. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    We are unlikely to ever allow people to watch the entire 90 minutes of a match on FMM - the reasoning behind this is simply that the game is designed for people to play in short-bursts with relatively quick gameplay, that is totally the opposite of spending 60 minutes watching a single match intensely.

I'm sorry if this disappoints you - but its impossible to design a product to suit everyone.

7. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

I don’t mean 90 real minutes. I mean a complete match like also PES Club Manager do, 5/10 minutes match with accelerated time of course. At this point I have to assume that the match engine is able to show only highlight because it is designed to show only that and the AI of the mobile version cannot play a complete match.

8. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    is the menu on the right side of the screen threre, as per the App Store pics, or do you have to press a button and the menu appears in the centre of the screen like FM17/16?

Thanks.

9. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    How do u scout countries in this game ? I’ve looked everywhere but can’t find anything....

10. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Why's it so hard for players to love you in this game? Usually when a player wins a major award you automatically become their favorite person.

11. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    How do I get the UI tabs to appear on the left side of the screen, as in the screenshots?

Thank you

12. starfly3r

starfly3r Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    another update today but still no support for iphone x... the graphic looks rubbish on the new iphone x...

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Well ... after all the years it is still no retina or native resolution for the iPad or iPhone Plus ... so I would bet money on it, they will never support the X ... but, they still make money with it ... so there is no need to do anything more ...

14. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    My friend bought it the other day and asked to refund right away, he told me it’s basically the exact same game as last year but updated (player data) with two more leagues but that was it, it’s very frustrating, it could be so much better and a must have.

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I picked it up this year because I said I would if they added MLS. And personally, I like the simplicity of the mobile version, and it’s strong ties to the classic FM look. But I firmly believe they should offer FMT on both iPhone and iPad.

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    They were probably developing it for the iPhone 8 for most of development. But they should’ve added better resolution for bigger devices. I’m sure next year they’ll have to if the old models die out. If Apple goes forward with the iPhone X design, FMM will have to develop for it in the future. But, yeah, it’s disappointing that the plus and iPads’ versions of the app haven’t seen optimization.

17. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    This requires a device with a HD resolution - lower resolution devices use a slightly different layout.

18. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    I disagree somewhat (but then I would ;) ) - there is a lot changed and improved, yes its still a soccer management game but if you discount additional leagues, new tactical options, improved UI etc. ...

Then yes, if you ignore all the changes and improvements then its the same as last year (rolls eyes) ;)

19. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    The iPhoneX was released on the cusp of the games release and as such we haven't had a chance to look at doing a skin specifically for that device.

We will in time, however at present we're concentrating on other issues which people are reporting with the game.

20. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    It depends on the person involved - some players are arrogant and will 'love you' if you help their career, especially if they're loyal ... others might consider they won it because they're wonderful and 'in spite' of you ...

(sell the ungrateful sod I say ;) )