Universal Football Manager Mobile 2017 (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 17, 2016.

1. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    They can make this work for iPhone Plus but they are too lazy. iPhone 7 plus is faster then iPad Pro. Just lazy developers trying to gauge the public for more money hoping they buy both.

2. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    The Brazilian league isn't in either version of the game (nor the PC title) - this is down to licencing I'm afraid, there are still players from those leagues present in the game and you can manage quite a few of the South American national teams.

3. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words - this is exactly what we've aimed for in the design of Football Manager Mobile :D

(and for those who prefer the full-fat PC experience we have released FMT on the Tablets which are far better suited to the interface required by a game that complex)

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I feel like FMM already does emulate the 90s management games, as it's so simplified compared to the Touch version. However, I also haven't tried any of the alternatives because Sports Interactive have nailed those player databases like nobody else.

I read the other day that Hoffenheim were turned on to Roberto Firmino by Football Manager. They bought him and later sold him for 10 times the price to Liverpool.

5. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    We haven't 'taken away' anything - Football Manager Mobile is an entirely different game to the PC and we have to implement everything specifically for this product.

We have continued to expand the number of leagues in the game since it was first created and have added two new ones this year (Turkey and Poland) - hopefully over time we'll be able to continue to do so as devices capabilities continue to increase.

PS - I'm glad you're enjoying the full-fat version and don't take offense that you prefer that one (it used to be my baby before I started making the mobile game) ... its impossible to make a product which all people will like.

6. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Another year, another paid upgrade and still no support for iPad resolution.

What a shame. Still cashing in on a product that feels abandoned with no real innovation.

7. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #48 Gambler, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    As I replied to Nachtfischer in the thread to the FM touch 2017 release last week, yes, both games (also the 2016 iterations) are available in the Austrian store (was a little stunned that it isn't available in Germany. Can only be cause of some licensing issues).

According to the App Store description only available language is English though (seems to be the same for the PC version but that one apparently has a German language patch).

Guess the best way to get the game as a German resident would be to create an Austrian App Store account and order an Austrian iTunes Gift Card from eBay or the like. Charging my German App Store account only works with German gift cards/credit cards so alas I think the same would go for the Austrian store (paying only possible with Austrian Gift/Credit Cards).

8. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Thx a lot. Thats all i needed to know.

9. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Did the update fix the weird bug that makes my manager's discipline drop all the way to 1?

10. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    I demand an update that's actually reflective of Mbappé's stats. A starting value of 12 in shooting is kind of insulting to the season he's had. In fact just make everyone at Monaco have better stats, that way playing ligue 1 actually has competition.