Universal Football Manager Mobile 2016 (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Marc Vaughan, Nov 19, 2015.

1. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    If each version every year has the same contain iaps, actually it can be transfer with dev help of course...for example like iootp baseball 2014 or mlb manager 2015 which has the same contain iap every year version ( all historical season iap )

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow, I didn't realize my IAP in MLB Manager will transfer from season to season. Since it's based on historical seasons though, I can understand why they do it that way. I mean, you could theoretically play that historical season on any of the year's apps and it would be almost the same. So, no reason to repurchase I guess. Well, that'll be nice come next season if they still offer that!

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    That's cool you are a part of the league I totally understand your support for it! Thanks for the good news on AS Deluxe it really wasn't so bad but this version looks much better. It's better than FIFA these days but any football game is better right now.

4. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi Marc,

Just a general question which would be good if you could shed some light on mechanics so I understand.....I have always noticed on the mobile versions of the game that player ratings drastically fluctuate over a very short space of time, something I have never noticed in the full game.

As an example, my striker's shooting was 11 in July. After a couple of friendlies, it increasds to 16. I know that the mobile version merges some ratings from the full game (like acceleration/pace or finishing/composure), but it still seems very excessive.

This is something I have noticed many times so I would love to understand the mechanics.

Thanks

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Can anyone help explain this to me? Why do players expect weekly wages 8x higher than their current weekly wage when trying to sign them? I could afford more than their current wage, but not the ridiculous amount the players are expecting!

Attached Files:

6. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    Some player try to have enormous wages. Give him what you think he need.
    Even if he asks for 200k doesn't means it won't accept for 100k.

This case is typical of young stars in a big team. The more money you have, the more they ask :)

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It's definitely been a challenge starting much further down the leagues. Nobody who is currently getting 200-500/wk will accept a transfer for 550/wk. they all seem to want 1200-3000/wk. And I literally can't offer more. Haha. Maybe time for me to move on to a better club. I've done enough for Tamworth. ;)

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    All I want to know cuz all else is fine
    Is why when I select pitch view why only get these couple clips of pitch view. I just wish I could watch the dots play out the whole game without interruptions.

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I think the mobile version's always been like that. I wouldn't mind watching a few full matches or put one on while I'm watching that same match in real life and see who does better!

Although, I'm guessing it would drain our batteries like crazy! So, I'd probably use the Extended Highlights still for most matches anyway.

10. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    This is an intentional design decision on my part - in FM PC/Mac a players stats (visible) are more static and they only incorporate his raw database values.

In FMH/FMM I've been incorporating his form and mental fluctuations into the visible statistics so they're more volatile according to his immediate circumstances, I see this as your coaching staff warning you that a player isn't looking confident at present or has been training really well and think you'd know this in real-life.

11. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    As curtisrshideler guessed this is a decision based on the battery life issues which would otherwise most likely come into play on mobile devices.

12. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    Do bear in mind that some players will tend to ask for more than they might actually accept ... you can always try and haggle them down.

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks for replying. Yeah, I guess my eyes are bigger than my wallet with some of these players.

By the way, I don't know if anyone else ever mentioned it last year, but I just want to say thank you for replacing the big white commentary box from last year with the darkened transparent box showing the blurred background this year. It really looks amazing this year! It might sound silly, but seeing the crowd and green of the pitch during the commentary keeps me more in the world of the match. So, thanks for implementing that this year.

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    No problem Marc I understand and it's a very small issue with me and I can't put this game down! I am playing season after season and it's great. I believe you are also right about how the games play out quicker on the mobile version and how that's a major plus, agreed it is!
    Thanks!!

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Finally bought it and like it. It's definitely better than the previous ones. More highlights more choices and feels like you're actually controlling the team. I created my own team and added all the Taiwanese and Japanese players I wanted in my team which is fantastic. My only small complain is the lack of other leagues. MLS, China Super League, K-League and of course J-League should be added to my point of view.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    With the MLS playoffs going on, and my trip to see Dallas v Portland, I was thinking about taking one of the leagues like England's Championship league, and just rename every club to an MLS club... then rename every player to the correct MLS player in that club (or most of them, anyway). Then I'd have to open up FM2016 on my computer and rework all of their stats to make it closer to accurate.

And I guess you could technically do that with any league you want. It just might take a lot of work typing on your device. Maybe if someone does it for a league, they could post their save files somewhere like FMHvibe.co.uk or community.sigames.com. Then we could all share our favorite leagues not yet officially supported.

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    That's a very good idea! Actually allowing us to creat new leagues and teams would be the best way.

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It's an addictive game no question and you really feel like your strategies and tactics make an impact for better or worse. I like playing with a smaller team and trying to build them up.

19. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    My biggest problem with the mobile version is the lack of instructions for specific players. Can I do that now or is just the same few general tactics like before?

20. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Lack of proper iPhone support

As there seems to be complains raising about it everywhere I am dropping a notice here to potential buyers that this game lacks support for high resolution devices, namely the iPhone 6 Plus (2014) and iPhone 6s Plus (2015).

Users report problems with the native keyboard to input text, disproportional banners and UI elements.

Definitely needs fixing.