Universal Football Manager Mobile 2016 (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Marc Vaughan, Nov 19, 2015.

1. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    iPhone 6s+, it seems that the feedback was not available for pre season friendly match, though I could be wrong, it works for regular season

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yes you're right, it could be nice

3. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    One thing to mention in case it helps anyone - to manage a nation there have to be 50 players present from it, if there is a nation you want to manage and they're short then you can 'nudge' things in the right direction by using "MyClub" and having all the players created have the nationality of the nation you want to manage ..

4. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    If you're an iPad gamer you'd need to be mad to pay for this when FM 2016 Touch comes out next week (confirmed last night on Twitter by the devs) and brings the proper FM experience to your tablet.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    My football friend you know we always check out the latest football games. You won't like it No J League. Would be a cool addition as I live in the USA and no MLS which is our pro league so I can't play as my nearby fav Houston could create it but that's painful. Now having said that I care much more about European leagues than any other so I can live with it and also I follow Russian League. Supposedly there will be a new active soccer deluxe this year and that would have your leagues and hopefully this time J League 2! Hope all is well for you!

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks again for the reply, Marc. I'm totally going to keep supporting FM, but just have to chime in each season on MLS. ;)

Anyway, I was coming back to also mention the scrolling issue. I notice it most when I'm on the Tactics screen right before a match, selecting my players. The scrolling of the players on the right seems like it's 'snapping' in a way. Like it will show, let's say, 8 players. I go to scroll down, and instead of it fluidly letting me scroll at my own pace, it kind of snaps-to the next set of players. It makes it difficult if the player I'm looking for is almost cut off on the first set of players, but then when it snaps to the next set, that player is almost cut off on the top of that group.

I posted in the general feedback on the SI forums because I thought that maybe it was a new design choice and not a bug.

I'm using an iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #27 Dailon80, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    I'm on 5s iOS 9 public beta 3 same issue I get what you are saying.
    Also no Russian League I don't know why I thought it was in this game I should've remembered that was a huge disappointment last time I got this game. Still this game is worth the money and I'm not whining just stating it to anyone else who may care about the leagues present in the game. one more thing when I am in pitch mode watching the game I hate when it switches to something else for a min and the. Goes back if I wanted to see the other stuff I can scroll to it. Other than that I am good with it and reiterate that I love this game!

8. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Marc, I have the same issue when scrolling (very fast and erratic). I am in an iPhone 6 with latest iOS.

Is it a bug that when I offer someone out on loan, I still have to manually add them to be listed for loan? If not, can you add that? Pretty obvious I want them listed if I am offering them out.

Thanks

9. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    It's not the same game.
    FMMobile is the Quick and dirty thing, FM Touch is much more complicated and need so much more time to play.
    You can play 2 or 3 match in the metro with FMMobile not with FM Touch.

10. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014

So FM Touch is like the Classic full version of the 15 Version and coming out next week? Thanks :)

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #31 Dailon80, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Yep it's the better one to me in every way but I don't have an iPad and gave up PC a couple years ago so I can't get it or I would. There are a few things w that version they could do on the phone cuz PES Manager has it and by that I mean no dots but actual players on the field playing it out that's the only part of PES Manager I liked other than that it sucks. The issue I have w PES that is a complete turn off is you can't be real teams instead you have this fantasy team of mixed up players and you play against real teams that's a deal breaker for me and why I hate FIFA 15 and 16.

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yes to all of this! And it's why I consider Fantasy Manager the best football sim game on iOS. I only keep FIFA on my mobile because in 15 I was able to make a complete FC Dallas team. That and Active Soccer 2 give me the arcade fix I need now and again. I am looking forward to the day when I get a new iPad so I can play the Touch/Classic version, though.

13. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah I agree, I am actually waiting for AS deluxe, the dev wrote on his Twitter that we'll soon get a surprise, hopefully he meant it will be out soon as I don't really play games with the J-League. I actually work with the league. So if a football game includes the J-League, I'll happily support them by buying there games and promote it. The fact that I can creat my own team is great, but just like you said, it's painful. If we can't play other smaller leagues, at least I'd like to be able to buy a few players from Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Taiwanese leagues.

14. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    We're looking at tuning the scrolling and we will include that in a future patch (its likely we'll have it user adjustable in preferences as different people seem to prefer different speeds etc.).

The loan offer suggestion - I'll look into that in a minute, makes sense.

15. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    I think its up to everyone which they prefer and want to play - both are very different experiences in my opinion (I helped design both products so despite leading the FMM games these days I'm not particularly biased towards one or the other).

FMT is very much a port of the "Football Manager Classic" PC mode, FMM is a game designed specifically for mobile devices and is slightly faster and more 'fun' to play .. which you prefer is really down to the individual at the end of the day, hopefully everyone will find they love one of them (or perhaps play both ;) ).

16. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Do you know what size in storage is football manager touch as I only got an 32gb iPad Air also does iPad Air count as high end device nowadays :)

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Awesome news! Thanks for considering it. And I'm kicking myself after perusing the credits. I wish I had "Asked Nicely On Twitter." I'll have to remember that for next year. ;)

18. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    #38 dedyp79, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Hi Marc, just curious about all item bundles iap from fmh 2015 can be transfer to fmm 2016 or not?

19. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    No joke, most intelligent qns ever :)

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm pretty positive that since each year has a new app, everything about each app is separate including IAP. It's not buy once for life. It's buy once per app. So, if they just updated the same app every year (which would lose them money in sales), then the IAP could be transferred from one season to the next. But in order to do this as a job, and make enough money to continue, they probably need to sell a new app every season, including new IAP.