Universal Football Manager Handheld™ 2015 (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Its very easy to say 'most of us' because an individual and his friends do things in a specific manner.

Both of these that you mention are actually very popular - to the extent that 25% (ie. a quarter) of all games played in FMH2014 used the "MyClub" option.

The biggest item in this version which I think most people are fully appreciating is the new updated match engine - that took a LOT of resources to put into the game.

The 'Agency' is aimed mainly at 'hardcore' players presently for when they get several seasons into the game and might not instantly know which players are considered as the best or up and coming in the way they would current players in real-life.

(long term I also plan to integrate this into player profiles and suchlike so you'll be able to see your players rankings in these areas when you view them as its quite nice to see when your first player pops into such a list ... well I like it anyway ;) )

2. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    With the new match engine you can archive off a match when its finished (ie. save it) and then load it from the main menu and watch it again later ... or email it to your friends so they can watch it etc.

3. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    Not a bad suggestion - initially I'll be focusing on 'bugs'; but I think thats a reasonable request and I'll definitely consider it for an update.

4. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Have you got any plans on making it 3d in future

5. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Great!! Been wanting that request in previous fmh.. For previous fmh and this fmh15 I only hope to get that option.. I admit I have yet to purchase fmh 15. I heard the ME has many positives, but I'm holding out for that tactical option on focus flank to exploit opponent weakness. That in my humble opinion a important necessity option to have for fmh, part of the current set of instructions available plus the one you mention about zonal/ man , a set of baseline instructions for fmh..

6. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Ok Marc thanks for addressing this. I know my words won’t mean much but please do try to address this in a timely manner. It will ruin the experience for many iPhone 6+ users, trust me.

Just try to create a new save in My Club mode and add a whole team of players using that enormous keyboard that covers well over half of the screen space. It’s daunting! The game is packed with such nice features, it deserves not being ruined by a poor (low resolution) interface. Everything looks so big...

7. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Do saves games sync across different devices? If so using what method?

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yes, works from iPhone to iPad ... no problem ... I think it uses iCloud.

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, it really does work well. Loved switching back and forth on all of my devices during last year's. I'm already enjoying this year's on my iPhone. Probably time I put it on the iPad as well. Loved the iPad interface last year. Looking forward to using it again this year.

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, if Chelsea can pull it off this season, I'd love to see FMH 2016 show up with royal blue accents. ;)

11. BoneAppart

BoneAppart Member

Nov 22, 2014
    As far as I can tell the statement is not accurate.

There is no option that I could find allowing to retrieve the save file from iCloud or a server... Same issue as the previous iterations

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    At the top of the load game or save game menu there is a little box with three lines on it I think. Tapping on that allows you to toggle between local and iCloud saves/load saves. Hope that helps!

13. BoneAppart

BoneAppart Member

Nov 22, 2014
    My apologies. Hard to find indeed but with iCloud the game is playable on two devices.

Thank you.

14. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Is it possible to separate the speed of the highlights and the commentary txt (in between the highlights)? I want to watch the highlights in slow. However, it is painful having to watch the in between commentary on anything other than very fast. If there is a way can someone kindly tell me. Cheers.

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That's exactly what I'm looking for too! I've really been enjoying the pitch-view highlights, especially the extended ones. But if love to have a separate set of the same speed options for both text commentary and the pitch-view highlights. If anyone knows if that's possible, please pass it along. Thanks!

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow! That replay match feature is awesome. Just like what we were asking about but in replay form instead of during the actual gameplay. It's still an amazing feature though! Really cool addition. Thanks!

17. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Still no man marking options?

Pass.

We're talking about basic football tactics here. I've bought every version to date but won't be touching this one until it gets the kind of update that makes it more detailed and feel less like a mobile game.

iOS devices now are incredibly powerful, many people have replaced their computers with an iPad, yet the main visual style and layout of FM on iOS hasn't changed since I played it back on my iPhone 3G in 2008.

I don't have time to sit at a computer when I come home from work, I sit in front of one for 8 or 9 hours at a time during business hours. I come home and put my feet up on the sofa and use my iPad. Why can't I have a desktop class version on my iPad Air rather than this stripped down 'baby' version.

18. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    RebornProphet, they couldn't even make a working version that supports the iPhone 6! The game looks horrible and all pixelated on the new phones, especially the iPhone 6 Plus. With so many games being released every week supporting the iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus and developed with a much lower budget than these guys it's really a shame that Football Manager Handheld 2015 doesn't support the iPhone 6. It's greedy and it's disrespectful for players and App Store customers.

19. hla77

hla77 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Although not perfect the game looks fine in the iphone 6.

20. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    The iPhone6 came out quite late in the development cycle and we had no confirmed details on that device until it was released; we have indicated we will be looking at additional skins during the update cycle to support devices which came out late.

This is the same approach we took when the iPhone5 appeared and while unfortunate there isn't much we can do in this regard unless we get prior warning about screen resolutions and suchlike from the hardware manufacturers ... simply put creating a new skin for the game isn't something which can be done overnight.

The game does look and run fine on the iPhone6 in my opinion, heck I have one myself - however I know some people are especially sensitive to stretched images and it is for this reason that we will be looking at additional skin support.