Universal Football Manager Handheld™ 2015 (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 20, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #21 curtisrshideler, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Could we just have the option to watch "full" shortened matches, just like how FIFA has 2 minute halves? The clock would just run faster, so we could see 45+ minutes of action in 2-5 minutes and see a bunch of highlights really. It could slow down during the actual goal scoring opportunities though.

So instead of seeing the players running down the field in real time, we'd see it maybe take them a minute of game time to run down the pitch, only taking a few seconds for us to see. It's not realistic, but it would look like normal speed to us. And the game clock would be running up, giving us the impression of a full match.

2. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I understand licensing can be difficult. I just wish the MLS license wasn't wasted on mobiles with FIFA15 and their disappointing lack of manager mode. So, for 2015 there won't be an MLS manager that I'm aware of. Doesn't make sense for them to not let an experienced team include them on an experienced product such as FM. Thanks for the info, though! Good luck to those trying to get the licenses.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    It's exactly the same with the J-League, Konami holds the license and they are doing nothing with it... So frustrating! I want to manager Gamba Osaka!

4. Toney

Toney Member

Nov 20, 2014
    I have to say Marc, it looks pretty awful on my iPad Mini 2.

Honestly, the new ME has breathed a lot of life into the game for me.
    I think this would be something that will just grow on the fanbase. Sure, a lot of people like to play 30 seconds matches, but in the long run, it will become more and more used IMHO. Imagine this as the "full fat" version of FMH!

All in all, this has been my favorite version in years.

5. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Minority?
    Give them a choice / or like one suggest, 'shorten full match'
    Is the tactics instructions available same as previous version? Choice of focus play?

6. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Of course this is what i mean!!! Not 90 minutes match but 2/3/5 minutes match like Fifa!!! I really think no one want 90 minutes match!!!

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #27 curtisrshideler, Nov 20, 2014
    Yeah, not on mobile, at least. On the full, computer version, I can understand it, especially if it is running on one monitor while I edit on the other. But on mobile I would enjoy watching those little dots with that shiny new engine for a little longer! ;)

And, Marc, thank you for your part in seeing that FM continues it's release on iOS and for discussing with us about the releases. I'm very thankful that we get FM in our pockets, regardless of what features it does or doesn't have!

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    No 6+ native support ... that is really sad! :(

9. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    So surprised by the game, at first I thought it was just an updated version but no it's actually much better!

10. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Can anyone share if the tactical instructions are same as previous version? Any new choices?

11. Ratzaroony

Ratzaroony Member

Dec 22, 2011
    #31 Ratzaroony, Nov 20, 2014
    I almost always just lurk on TA, but I have to jump in and say this game is amazing. The simulated games play out much better than they did in past years. Can't speak for iphone 6, but it plays great on iPad Mini and iPhone 5S. Get it.

Might be a glitch or something? I have the Mini retina and it looks fantastic.

12. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    From what I seen in si forums, all have good things to say about the new ME. but looks like choice of team / individual instructions remains same. Better visual representation , but still same limited instructions..

13. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    There are a few additions (mainly new roles such as 'sweeper keeper') but yes tactically the options are largely the same as before - simply put we don't want to over-complicate the game and using the roles gives a huge amount of control already over the style of play for your team.

(its possible we may add one additional thing going forward in updates - that of man-marking/zonal marking; but that'd be it and no promises in that regard, its just something I'm considering)

14. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words - we put a heck of a lot of work into each edition so its nice to hear its appreciated :D

15. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Football Manager Handheld 2015 lack of iPhone 6 support

When might this skin for the iPhone 6 Plus be released? Is that a possibility for "soon" or unlikely? Thanks.

I would appreciate a reply to this Marc as it's currently a major concern, the lack of support for the iPhone 6 Plus resolution. Makes the game look unfinished and really ruins the experience so far.

16. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    What about choice to focus passing on either flank like PC ?

17. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Can anyone enlighten me as to what the blacked out 'view match' box is on the main menu?
    The match engine is a huge improvement this year,watching players clear the ball out for corners and throw ins when in trouble in their own box is a great little addition as well as the general improvement in fluidity and passing movement.Even the fact that you can now tell when the ball is in the air adds that little extra depth.Loving this version in a big way.

18. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    op suggested a full 90 minute match, I'd say he has too much time on his hands...couldn't watch every match for that.
    But the option like fifa sounds good...

19. pbb76

pbb76 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Been looking forward to this release (though I'm on Android now, rather than iPad), but from the 'feature' list it really seems a 'lazy' update. And apologies Marc, I've supported you on FMH since launch and also I know its not easy to turn these games around yearly. Be nice if Sega could allocate more resources to you.

But is it still missing simple things like Squad Number allocation? Its a really annoying omission in this series, that I believe wouldnt be hard to do?

Most of us dont care for things like 'achievements' in this sort of game.

The 'MyClub' thing is just weird.

And touting the 'Agency' as a top new feature is indicative of the lack of progress. Why would we want a list of the 'top 50 players' in the game. Most of us would know them and also pointless if you are playing as anyone apart from the top clubs in the world.

Sorry as I say Marc, but its a frustrating release.

20. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    It'll be part of the update cycle - I'll be perfectly honest and indicate it is unlikely to be before January because initially we'll be concentrating on actual 'bugs' reported.

I'm sorry you feel that - the feeling in house was that while its not a unique skin for the 6+ it renders nicely and is very usable, I do agree that it can be improved however and hence we will be looking at releasing a skin more specific to the 6+ in due course.

(this is also the approach we took with the iPhone5 when that was released - sorry for any inconvenience, unfortunately this device appeared quite late in the development cycle and we had no prior warning of its specs or resolution)