iPhone Football Manager Classic 2015 (by Sega)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    #81 Mythbuster, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    Hi,
    I have all three versions. I use the "full" PC version and the handheld versions now for several years and spent more than 2.000 hours with them. So I think I can compare it a little bit.

So, let's say the PC version in normal mode is 100%.

Then I would rate the classic mode at 90%. You can play that classic mode also in the PC version. The match engine is absolute the same. And this iPad game is exact the same as the classic mode on the PC.

I prefer the classic mode because the "full game" is a little bit too much for me. The classic mode is in my opinion the best game.

The old handheld version for iPhone / iPad is only about 20 - 25% of the full game.

So this classic Version for the iPad is a huge difference to the old handheld version.

If you ask me it is worth every Cent.

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    THANKS EVERYONE for your help. I just bought it and am downloading now.

Reasons:

1 I loved the handheld but wanted a bit more

2. This is almost the same as the PC version

3. The PC version is A$60 to buy

4. Winter is approaching here. I don't want to sit at a cold PC at night. Tablet in bed is IDEAL.

5. The people here are awesome and I really appreciate your help

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Gang,

I just bought the full PC game but could still consider having the tablet version as well if these 2 features are in full effect:

1) Ability to play fictionalized teams (i.e. the real world teams but with all generated players and staff) as the PC version supports. This wan't in the first handheld version and am not sure if it is supported in even the PC's classic mode, but is definitely there is the full PC mode.

2) Lots of contextual help. Like an aspect I really appreciate in the full version is a full description, in-game, of player stats and roles. No need to exit out of the game to read the manual. While I feel I have most of the basics of this game down, I'm still a complete newbie in regards to most of the terms in the real world of soccer.

4. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Just played my first game. This is AWESOME!!! Worth every cent. Actually it's worth $50.

On iPad Air 2 it's incredible nothing like the watered down handheld. So intuitive don't really need any instructions. Just went straight into the match.

Everything is laid out so professionally from the fonts to the colours and interface.

This is the best game I've seen on my new iPad Air 2. So beautiful to just look at.

It feels like I'm sitting at my PC playing the PC version except I'm comfortable in bed.

Love this and congratulations to SEGA on a phenomenal game worth double the price. Brilliant. Astounding. Just love this. I can see I'm going to get along with this game very well.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    The one thing that I miss most in FMH and don't understand why it is not there is MLS. I can play as my favorite MLS club on FMC on my Mac, so is MLS also in this version?

6. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    It is a port of the pc "classic" mode with a few bits missed out. I haven't yet picked up and I will but I have read that the team talks are missing, as are the media interactions. Also the full match option is missing from the game engine. You can choose Different highlight options such as extended. (In 3d of course)

The main one which has held me back is only being able to choose 3 leagues max,

But after saying that I still feel this is value for money. Just not sure about max of 3 leagues as I like to have 6 on the Mac.

7. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    In Classic mode, you can also on PC / Mac only three countries ... so this is exact the same!

8. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    Ahh fair enough. havent played classic mode for a while and have been playing full. Got confused with some of the features.

Within the 3 nations, how many leagues can you choose?

9. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    That depends on the countries you take. In Germany 1. to 3. ... right now I am playing on my iPad a game with German 1. and 2. league, England with 1. and 2 and the 1 league of Spain ... but you could even more, no problem. I think 9 leagues are the maximum ....

I tried it and is is the same as in the 2015 PC version in classic mode. ;)

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Do they have America and MLS like the PC/Mac version?

11. ToxicTorgo

ToxicTorgo Member

Aug 28, 2011
    +1

:)

12. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I read on other forums, people saying you can modify iPad games to get them to work on iPhones. How do you do this so that I can modify this to get into my ip6 please?
    Thanks

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sadly I think that would get into the realm of jailbreaking which I don't think TA condones, and even then, if there were a way to get the game to even loadup on an iPhone, odds are there would be a lot of weird glitches due to the different screen resolutions (like important buttons being cropped off).

14. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    So what is this UI lag some have spoken of?

Finally getting round to buying this but don't want a version that feels like the full game struggling to run on an underpowered PC.

I own an iPad Air, so can anyone with that device give feedback on how smooth/laggy the game runs, both in terms of UI and the 3D match engine?

Thanks.

15. Maggio

Maggio Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Hi I have an IpadAir 2 and the game run very smoothly...no lag, definetly another game compared to Handheld...

16. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Been playing this a lot and really enjoying it. This is my best buy on iOS in years. I never expected it to be as good and professionally done as this is.

Absolutely love the new 3D engine and the interface layout is magically intuitive. Haven't had to insult the manual for how to play just played it and everything was so self explanatory designed so beautifully.

I'm very happy with this purchase and am glad I did buy it because I was hesitant at first due to the price but now I've bought it I realise it's worth twice the price and am glad I listened to people here.

17. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I simply won't buy this until the ability to add real logos is included. As this is unlikely to occur in this version, I'll wait for the next version. Until this feature is added, I will have the willpower to resist.

18. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Man, I can almost picture it. But I would pay good money to watch you insulting a manual. Can you make a video, please?! :)

19. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Haha

20. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Is anyone playing this on an iPad Mini 2? Would love some impressions, I'm keen to know how it all fits on the smaller screen...