Universal Football Heroes: Pro Edition (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MMarzola, Nov 27, 2014.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just don't use them. The is a fun nfl type of game so you'll get OTT moves etc. this isn't a clone of Madden though and shouldn't be as they're aiming for the over the top type of football experience

2. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Pro bug reports?

Where do you FH Pro bug reports?

(In the tutorial, when you get to Aerial Perks, if you have already entered the End Zone, the program freezes, with only a force quit able to resume -- but at the beginning of the tutorial. It took me three tries to realize I should do the perk without continuing to run).

Also, I bought the coin doubler, but it hasn't shown up in my items yet. How do I retrieve it?

3. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Yes, I know about this. We use this rendering style for the game when the game is played on a low spec device, to ensure the game is playable. What device are you playing the game on? ie - iPad 2, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 6+, etc.

4. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    WOOOOO!!!

Me too :)

I played so much Tecmo Bowl as a kid. I guess its obvious where my influences are ;)

5. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Yes, our intention was to make an Arcade NFL Football game. We feel like Madden has action/simulation football good and covered and we did not want to fall in the trap of trying to compete with Madden.

But I could see the appeal in adding a mode or setting in the game to turn off all the Power Moves.

Settings Name:
    Sim - No power moves
    Fantasy - Power Moves

Maybe you guys can come up with better names for these Modes?

6. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Oh no!!! I thought the tutorial was unbreakable :(

Please send an email to [email protected]
    With your GameCenter name and a description of your issue.

Sorry about this

7. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Also, could you tell me how to reproduce this issue so that we can try and fix this?

Thank you

8. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    On launch, I chose the Motors, and launched into the tutorial. In the Perks section, after performing the first perk (can't exactly remember -- something like shoulder blast?), after hitting the perk, continue running into the end zone. The second perk (aerial) will tell you to tap on the flip perk, but the perks will not be present.

Attached Files:

9. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    What device are you using because I cannot reproduce this :(

10. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Haven't really looked at the options menu but can you enable the screen to flip? I like to play with the home button on the left. It just feels better that way (also then the speakers are on the left and the hearing in my right ear is pretty diminished from a life of severe ear infections)

11. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #71 oscar123967, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    Maybe just have a toggle and next to it have say "Power Moves".

I'd say have it as a setting rather than a mode so that the whole game can appeal to the two seperate audiences. But hopefully this does not make the game easier; creating a way to grind/get through cups quickly and possibly damaging sales. If this does become a thing, then I think it'll be best to leave it as a mode rather than a setting. I do encourage you guys to find a balance if this issue exists

Possible names for the gamemode:
    Traditional
    Sim
    Casual

Though it would be rad if someone were to think of a humerous pun or something, I think it'll fit the whole arcad-ish hardcore-ish theme this game has.

Thats one of the many things NBA Jam got right, nothing ever felt out of place, rather in place. The game created an arcade goofy fun universe and stuck with it and its obvious that they had that universe in mind when creating/adding tiny to large features.

Ehhh enough of my nonsense, I doubt any of this matters. I always end up digging too deep when I'm enjoying a game. :eek: Hahah

Sadly no :(, but the dev on here did make a note on it. So it is possible that it'll be added some time in the future

12. boodro82

boodro82 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Having fun with this so far. Purchased the coin doubler to help support the devs, but noticed there are still ads. Is there no way to remove ads?
    Also the player contract is a bummer.
    Will there be an option to turn that off in the future?
    Great game!

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I have an issue, there must be a bug with the "twirl throw" move. Every time I use it, the defensive player twirls the QB then throws him BACKWARDS. Meaning he's giving the QB more yards. In fact, 90% of the time I've used it, its given the opposing team an instant first down. Even worse, the QB isn't down when thrown, someone has to still knock him out after the throw. This seems like a joke move to help opponents.

I thought you might have to tap twice to throw the QB/AIM but it doesn't do anything, you can't control where he throws but he always tosses the QB behind him 100%.

14. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I had the same issue on mine. I think it happened because i scored before the next perk appeared. Iphone 6.

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats exactly what it is because it happened to me too. Its if you score before using all the perks they want you to.

16. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    This is intentional. This move always launches the player behind your facing direction. So if you want to throw the player backwards, for a loss of yards, you have to get behind the player, then execute the move.

17. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    This makes me so upset. This bug should be impossible :(

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Not a big deal I just started tutorial over and made sure I did all the steps without scoring first.

19. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    Yep -- after 3 attempts I realized that as well -- just do the perk without running. iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1.

20. FootballHeroesLover

FootballHeroesLover Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Football Heroes Player
    Football Heroes Downtown
    Please Read :)

Hi, Michael,
    Here I will be writing down a better, modified version of my app store review.
    Great game, and I am having a lot of fun with it, but here are some ideas that could make the game even more enjoyable. :)

1)*MOST IMPORTANT ONE, PLEASE READ* Let us be able to see which cards there are in this game (make a list of all 1800 cards there are). Cards that the player owns will have a green check next to it and cards the player do not own will not have a check next to it. This will just allow the player to know which cards might be obtained when packs are bought.

2)Auction, sell and buy cards through an auction house of some sort.

3) More modes, such as a season mode, instead of only cup modes.
    Again, this is a fun game!

4) Weekly challenges for a rare gold card (The cartoon drawn ones). Players who win the most games in the "Weekly challenge mode" will receive prizes.
    For example: 1st place gets 2 Rare cartoon drawn cards, and 1 gold card. Second place gets 1 cartoon drawn rare card, and one gold card. Places 3-10 get 2 gold cards, and so on. Of course these rewards are just ideas, but I think you get the idea of like a "Ladder Based" reward system for weekly challenges.

5) Be able to Train cards and get XP for them by combining other cards into them. The Base card will gain XP depending on how strong the cards put into that one are. Of course, these cards that are combined into the base card will be removed from the player's collection.
    Great game and hope you can take a look at these suggestions :)
    -#1 football heroes fan