Universal Football Heroes: Pro Edition (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MMarzola, Nov 27, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wanted to comment that i love the "slower pace". I can get more plays on the ball and can actually intercept. Last game i only got interceptions like once or twice. That's probably the best change I think in this game.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Played a fair few games yesterday, my defense caused a few fumbles, something i dont think i ever had in the original game. One fumble i returned for a td which was great

I wish we could buy this to get rid of the ad's at halftime though.

But a very impressive playable game, love it

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I've also gotten maybe 3 fumbles since I've first started playing. I love it!

Though I wonder which stat helps fumbles? I'm guessing "catch" helps with interceptions.

4. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    "Fumble" on defense with the combination of "Ball Grip" on offense are most likely what causes them

5. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Exactly!

Ball Grip is the players raw ability to hang onto the ball

Fumble is the players raw ability to cause fumbles when tackling or pushing players

Every player has a Ball Grip Stat and a Fumble Stat regardless if it can be seen. Any player who handles the ball on regular basis - Wide Reciever, Tight-End, Running Back, Quarterback has their Ball Grip stat visible. All Defensive players have their Fumble stat visible.

Anybody get a player with the Perk - 'Fumble Swipe'?

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Actually I didn't write my question clear enough. CBs don't have a fumble stat so they can't cause fumbles? I know they're not supposed to be tackling constantly but I believe they should all be able to strip balls. You said all defensive players have fumble stats visible but since CBs don't have them i guess that's not true?

7. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    CB's do have a Fumble Stat, but it is not visible to the player. It is hidden because other stats are more important to the CB like - Swat - ability to breakup a pass and Coverage - how well they can cover a player when covering a receiver.

So CBs can cause Fumbles, but their ability to do so is governed by a stat that is not visible to the player. Good rule of thumb though, the better the player, the better the fumble stat.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Good to know.

9. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm always a little bummed that the AI always punts on fourth down, even if the game is within reach... Or is this because I've not gotten far into either game yet?

10. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    The AI logic improves as you get further in the game. Later teams REALLY want to win :)

11. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    The game is looking great MMarzola! I like the new power moves, they seem to have balanced the game a bit.vThe timeouts are cool too, but i wish they were available to use a little bit earlier after the play.

Not sure about contracts yet. It's really hard to get contract cards. I have opened 4 bronze and 4 silver packs and only found a 5, 7 and 15 games contract card. For us players, I think it would be smart to save your contract cards for more expensive players and just pay the renewal fee for the cheaper bronze players you want to keep. I'm assuming silver players will cost more to renew? Question, what happens if a release a player? Do I just get a new benchwarmer to replace him? What if I dont have a contract card and or the money to pay for him, do I have to release him?

My only complaint is that there are so many players in the NFL it's really difficult to get good players. I've opened 4 silver packs, i've gotten very unexciting players. Half of them are practice squad players. I might stick to the draft to find some player I'm a fan of for now. Expect my draft doesn't work. it's always the same players. Any ideas how to fix it?

12. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah the Timeout button needs to appear sooner. I noticed this too after we shipped - DOH!

When Release a player you receive the full sell price for the player you are releasing.

On getting good players - we spent a long time tuning this to ensure you get good players out of decks. We will continue to monitor this, let me know if your bad luck continues.

The Draft updates every 4 hours. In the bottom right corner of the Draft Screen there is a Timer. Does the timer have time left on it?

13. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Yep, it does have a timer and when it expires the players just dont change for me.

14. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    That is Terribad!

I am going to check this bug out now.

Sorry man!

15. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Please...I cant stand looking at Johnny Footballs's face any longer!

16. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Maybe I'm missing something but both games I've played so far have been played on a completely black field where I can only see the numbers and yardlines, etc. Is something wrong with this? Cuz it seems wrong lol

In fact, the entire screen is black including where the fans should be. Like we're playing inside with the lights out while using glow in the dark paint for the numbers and lines.

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Same for me too! :/

18. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Cool... sorry, I meant to also include this:

Football Heroes is my favorite football game since Madden 2007 on the Wii :) We played the heck out of that in college. I remember playing the SNES Tecmo Bowl game when I was a kid and that was a blast, too...

This game reminds me of all those. I can definitely see playing this with friends who now live across the country, not across the dorm room hall... and its quick, fast, fun!

I really appreciate the effort. Coin doubler purchased :) Thanks for this!

19. HCastle23

HCastle23 Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I can't wait to play this game!! I loved the previous game and still play it (renaming and numbering the players to the pro guys). Now I don't have to. It'll be great to have a renewed vigor in this awesome game again. Keep up the awesome work!!

20. D-Back

D-Back Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Is there a way to turn off the stupid super moves? Liked the first game but I am just looking for a vanilla football experience, not into the super moves at all.