Universal Football Heroes: Pro Edition (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MMarzola, Nov 27, 2014.

1. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Excellent, we spent alot of time making sure you got good players when you open decks of cards. With so many players in the NFL it can be hard to ensure you get cool stuff when you open a pack.

2. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I sorta miss the fantasy characters from 2015, is this the new definitive version that will be supported now? Or will there be another? I remember a thread about an online one or something.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I only got 2 silvers though. So there is a chance for gold ones though in that $3k pack?

4. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    We want each product to feel different:
    Football Heroes: Pro Edition
    - Features NFL Players
    - Slightly more sim feel
    - Slower ball speed to allow for more interception
    - Pushing instead of Punching
    - More grounded Super Moves

Football Heroes 2015
    - Cartoon Heroes
    - SUPER POWERS -
    - Bombs, Guns, Uppercuts and Explosions :)
    - More Arcade feel

We will continue to support and add new features to Football Heroes 2015. Both products will receive full support, we have already started working on an update for Football Heroes 2015, will update when we have more information about when it will be ready.

Currently Football Heroes: Pro Edition is the only version that has Multiplayer (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi). We will be adding Online soon (we have been working on it for 2 years :eek: ). Football Heroes 2015 will be updated with Multiplayer in the upcoming update.

I love both of these games and will make sure they are supported and updated with new content for FOREVER

5. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Absolutely! Good luck - there are Gold and Collector Cards in those Packs :)

Every player and card in the game can be acquired through the Basic and Advanced Decks.

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I want to ask, can someone explain to me how to play this game? i tried FH2015 but as i have no idea about football and its rules, i couldn't play. I downloaded this and looked at sanuku's video to get an idea maybe, but i can't figure it out. What are all these systems runs passes, and do you score with touchdown or kicking the ball to the oposite goal?

Just some basic idea of what i have to do (except push the crap out of the oponents) would be appreciated!

7. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    This video is silly, but eventually should give you general idea of how Football works. Let me know if this helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7qVAtNwQk

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    ahaha! just what i needed! thanks a lot :)

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats awesome.

10. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Here is the team I started today:

Pawnee - Crushers

What does your starting lineup look like?

Attached Files:

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Thank you for keeping FH2015 alive! You guys are awesome! I love both games each in their own way. I kind of have a soft spot for FH2015 though. Probably because I have played it so much. Keep up the great work!!!!

12. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Thanks man! That means a lot to me.

Football Heroes: Pro Edition is the fulfillment of my lifelong dream of making a modern Tecmo Super Bowl. Football Heroes 2015 is Acme/Cartoon version of Football. Obviously they share a lot in common, but I wanted each game to be able to be played without replacing one another.

Still lots of more work to do, but this is the first version. Glad that you are enjoying it so far!

13. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    So I picked the team that represents the Detroit Lions and noticed that you have Chris Greenwood as a white guy, which he is not.

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha! That's funny! Are you from Michigan too or just replicating today's game?

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I'm from Michigan. Lansing area

16. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Oh no! I will fix that immediately. This will be in the next update.

Thank you

17. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #37 oscar123967, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Great game

Would like to see:
    Screen orientation option
    Crowd volume
    Save games

Also, the music playing while looking at the play book doesnt loop properly. Dont think it matters, but just something I noticed :p

I have a sort of hierarchy of games on my phone. I have the best games on the front of the folder. This was immediately placed on the front!

I loved the original game, but I'm not a big fan on sport games that make me collect imaginary players. Its awesome that you guys were able to get your hands on the licensing. Thank you!!

18. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Excellent feedback! And thanks for playing the game, I love this game too :)

I have put all of your issues from above into the database and will work to get these things fixed ASAP.

Had a question - when you say Saved Games what do you mean by that?

We want to implement a Save/Team Slot system that would allow for multiple teams per account. This would allow to start a brand new team, restart the Cups and save this to a different save slot. This way you could start over and even share a device with a little brother and not worry about that ruining your record ;)

How does that sound to you?

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Cool. Downriver Area here. (The better part. Lol)

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome!

That is a pretty cool idea, considering my little nephew always wants to play :D. But I meant a save/quit option in the cup mode games; I tend to play games in short burts. The game does have really short quarters though, so I wouldnt say its too much a priority