Universal Football Heroes 2015 (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    player pool proportional to positions?

Here's the breakdown of my silver players on my team (parenthesis for needed starters):
    WR(2):1
    OL(2):1
    C(1): 1
    QB(1): 3
    RB(1): 5
    TE(1): 0
    K(1): 3
    CB(2): 3

LB(2): 2
    FS(1):2
    KR(1):1

the non-benchwarmer Bronzes:
    1 QB
    4 DL
    2 LB
    1 C
    3 TE
    1 CB
    2 OL
    1 WR

So, in order of need:
    DL(3): 7
    WR(2):1
    OL(2):3
    CB(2): 4
    LB(2): 4
    C(1): 2
    QB(1): 4
    RB(1): 5
    TE(1): 3
    K(1): 3
    FS(1):2
    KR(1):1

I've used the draft for a few players, but not many -- I mostly get the Silver Decks. Think I've only used the draft when I see a "rare" position that I needed.

Are the players available meant to be in proportion to their positional need? eg, should we expect that we see 3 times more DLs than QBs? Or am I just unlucky in not getting WRs, OL, TE and getting way too many QBs and RBs?

2. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Agreed...absolutely not proportional. I think it actually does dole cards in a proportional manner, but it's from the available player card pool. For instance there are plenty of different QB's and RB's to be had, so you get them more often. There are barely any OL in the game, so you barely get them.

The most common players I get are QB, RB and TE. The least common are CB and OL (plenty of centers though). The only CB I have ever received in a silver deck is the horrible Cover Pro. LB are slim pickens as well. I had to buy my Dr Claw and Dr Claw Thunder. I always get the Career LB in decks. Anyways, I cant wait until they put the player card wiki up. That will be really cool to see.

MMarzola, whats the status on your Pro version of Heroes? Also, any idea when you may update the Heroes 15 game to the contract version?

3. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    That last post got me thinking about my favorite cards...my personal absolute favorite is the FS Rocketman. I have it in silver thunder and gold fire versions. My favorite (but not effective) card is a bronze WR called Your Guy. He's 2 stars and absolutely stinks. But he's my guy and showboats! I think MMarzola should make his leveling max something like 100 and allow you to actually grow him to get good, but very very slowly.

What about you guys?

4. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    My Guy is now retired. But, I don't have any other WRs, so he keeps playing, albeit slower than ever, and without any special abilities.

5. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    You say AI Cheating, I say my terrible AI ;)

The AI does get harder the more games that you win. The game will slowly increase difficulty to provide you with a challenge. If you lose, it will decrease difficulty. What is your record?

6. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    We really need to get that Wiki up. So many cool cards, so few people have seen them. :)

We are actively working on the Contract system now and if everything looks good, we will be releasing in the next update. Lots of cool stuff going on in Football Heroes land, can't wait to share it with you.

Football Heroes: Pro Edition will be coming out soon - more information incoming shortly

7. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    +1

I don´t need 4 QB an 5 RB. I need more OL, DL and WR. It primarily affects positions that are present more than once in the game.

8. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    168-89. I won a lot more in the initial versions where I could kickoff out of bounds.

9. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    I can see what you guys are saying, getting OL can be tricky. I will try and make an improvement with the Free Agent and Deck Card Generation system that will provide you players that you need. I will let you know when we are adding this feature so you can check it out.

Thanks for the feedback!

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    MM are people still playing this a lot? Like how many games are you guys showing being played? I kind of lost interest a while back is why I am asking. I loved it to death when it came out though.

11. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    Thanks. Since posting my team, I've opened FH a few times per day, and yet to see a WR in the draft (actually much longer than that -- ever since I got the retirement notice ... I've been playing with a retired receiver for many games. And I guess I was a bit stupid, and bought a deck; so still rebuilding coin base in case I do eventually see one.

12. Darkstrider

Darkstrider Member

Dec 24, 2013
    Coin battle balance

Hi MM

I have a team that's valued about 1.3m with mostly silver players. In coin battle, I consistently run into teams in the 3M+ range and get destroyed. This is on the 200 setting! Haven't even tried it on 500!

Could you look into the competing balance on this. Especially since we'll be needing more coins for the contract system you're using to replace retirements.

Thanks

13. Darkstrider

Darkstrider Member

Dec 24, 2013
    Like KKhel, I'm not sure I like the contracts system either.

MMarzola, feels like we're picking between the lesser of two evils. I'm also one of the early adopters who have played many games. It's unfortunate, but feels this game has been losing many of us

14. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    We are also unhappy with the the retirement system. This is why we are iterating on the contract system before we added it to Football Heroes 2015. So far we are liking the change as it gives you choice on how you want to deal with it. Use your contracts to lock down your star QB or spread your contracts around and maintain a more all around team. Unlike the retirement, the contract system adds player choice and we think it's fun and helps build relationships with your players.

We think players will like it, if not I hope that we have proven our willingness to change things that players are unhappy with. We just want to make Football Heroes great and we need your help to do so

15. wolfie9090

wolfie9090 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Online Multiplayer 2: Electric Boogaloo Pipe Dream

16. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Man, it feels that way to me too sometimes. After Football Heroes: Pro Edition is out we are going push out a major update for Football Heroes 2015 - that will be all about ONLINE MP! I gotta believe :D

17. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    Sacramento Rapists. Really?!

I just played a coin battle team against the Sacramento Rapists. That seems a bit of an extreme name.

18. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Doh!

Indeed, I have added this to the banned team names list. Sorry about this, its hard to police people online, a lot of people enjoy upsetting others. Hope you were not too offended.

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Okay, I'm absolutely LOVING this game, even bought a few premium packs. :)

On the "offensive" discussion; my name Dick, is appearently offensive so it displays Dic*

Oh well, the game is great regardless.

20. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    Oh -- these are user's teams? How do they get Black cards? (I thought they were computer generated).