Universal Football Heroes 2015 (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Sudden Death games would not count

So you like Retirement better?

2. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Nope. I dont like retirement at all. Contracts could be better, I just dont like them because its annoying to manage.

The only thing I like about retirement is that it depends on XP. When you play the top level teams, most my guys dont even gain any XP. A gold OL will last like a 1000 games. Haha.

3. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    - I agree, I am going to make sure that it is super streamlined and very little to manage, but hopefully something to consider that makes the game more fun and dynamic.

4. Coolice

Coolice Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    So it cost to resign 22 players at their purchase price?

Wow, that is whole lot of games to play to just keep up.
    I guess my idea of rest player is out of windows.

oh well.

5. Coolice

Nov 28, 2013
    Couple bugs found

I found couple bugs.
    1. my kicker still does not move.
    2. When bomb is used by oppt, my players cannot move other than spin after they get up.

So, I want to delete and reinstall.
    How do I know that my players are saved?

Thanks

6. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    1 - after kicking the ball? In what situation does he not move? Thanks
    2 - we take a look at this on Monday.

Please send an email to [email protected] with your GameCenter account name. But, you should be good to go if you use GameCenter with Football Heroes as it saves to the Run Games cloud.

7. Coolice

Nov 28, 2013
    1. yes both kickoff and ex pt kick
    2. Thank you.

8. Coolice

Nov 28, 2013
    3000 coin adv. players pack

When I get this pack,, I have not even got any 6,000 coin worth silver players.
    Are 6000 coin players are available for advanced player pack?

thanks

9. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    The Advance packs are 3000 Hero Coins which can contain Gold players and some gold players are worth 20,000 Hero Coins.

Is this what you mean?

10. Coolice

Nov 28, 2013
    #1250 Coolice, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Well, I do not care about gold players at this moment.
    When I purchased about 30 packs, I only got two gold players. (1 star)
    But what I want to know is that are 6000 coin silver players are available from pack also?
    I get low silver players only and same players over and over.

Thanks

11. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Every player in the game can be found in Advanced (3000 Hero Coin) Deck. Every player has a rarity ( 1 to 3 Stars)

1 Star - Common
    2 Stars - Rare
    3 Stars - SUPER Rare

Although players are Rare they will drop from Advanced Decks and Premium Decks

12. kkhel

kkhel Member

Dec 24, 2013
    Retirement vs contracts

Hey all,

While I am not a fan of the retirement system, I think that contracts might be a further step backwards.

The main reason why I've been playing this game on a daily basis (since 2015 was released) is because I want to pick up new players to mess around with. At present, the retirement system does allow us to grind for coins with a mixed roster of retired and mid-tier players, and only have to replace the mid-tier players every now and then, but with a more-or-less guaranteed coin profit to plough back into new players. The retired players I use need not be replaced as the other mid-tier players are able to squeeze out victory against the mid-tier teams I farm for coins from.

My fear, however, is that with contracts, the entire team (including the presently-retired players, and not just the few mid-tier players who are carrying the team) will need to be replaced more frequently. If the entire team will need to be replaced more frequently, this means less coin profit from playing games. If it reaches the point where it is impractical to earn coins to buy new players/packs, and money has to be spent on packs on a regular basis (as opposed to buying an occasional pack as a treat), then I think I will walk away from the game completely.

Let's do the math under the contracts system. Assume that out of my full roster of 18 players, 4 are mid-tier players (this is actually an underestimate; I generally prefer 6 mid-tier players) and the rest are retired. That's 14 more players. Let's say that each of the presently-retired players cost $800 and have a contract of 100 games. So after 100 games, I will have to renew their contracts - that's 800 x 14 = 11,200 coins.
    Then I'll have to renew the contracts of my 4 mid-tier players too. At say 2,500 each (again an underestimate), that's 2,500 x 4 = 10,000.
    Let's say I get an average of 300 coins per game with the coin doubler. After 100 games, I will have 30,000 coins.
    After these 100 games, I will have to renew all these contracts - which will leave me with 8,800 coins (30,000 - 11,200 - 10,000). That's less than 3 advanced packs after 100 games. At around 8 minutes a game, that's almost 4.5 hours of play per pack, or maybe 1 pack every 3 or 4 days assuming you play 10 games a day.
    Remember also that most of these numbers are underestimates. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual coin profit turns out to be less.

I have not done the math for sudden death matches as it is extremely difficult to win regularly with a mix of mid-tier players and retired players.

I have shown my support by buying the coin doubler; however, if I will have to shell out $6 on a regular basis on packs, I think the game will have crossed the freemuim-but-fair line. If switching to contracts is a commercial decision to invite us to buy more packs, I fear that it goes too far and will alienate people like me.

I would be grateful for views and welcome criticism - if there's anything I've overlooked, happy to discuss.

13. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Lots of great points and thanks for the feedback. The only thing that I would add is remember you will get contract extensions when buying decks. Also when you RELEASE player you get the sell coins as well as a new Benchwarmer player to level up and earn coins will. Once the Benchwarmer's contract is over you can rinse repeat.

In addition we are working on a new game mode where players can win big Hero Coin prizes.

I agree though, that if not properly balanced it could be worse than the retirement system. Truth be told though, my biggest problem with the retirement system is that there is no visual indication about the impending retirement and creates frustration. With the contract system it will be apparent from the start what the rules are and can start planning ahead.

14. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #1254 tak437, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    I agree with what you said, it could end up being difficult to manage finances and contracts if not implemented well. The one thing you didn't mention in your math is that sudden death games will not count towards contracts. That gives you an opportunity to make more money if you mix some in. Of course if MMarzola and team change their minds on that, it would be tough. But I dont think they would do that.

15. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Absolutely, sudden death games will not count towards retirement

16. kkhel

kkhel Member

Dec 24, 2013
    #1256 kkhel, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    Thanks for the responses and clarifications. Coins back when players are released + a new benchwarmer, along with sudden death matches not counting, will indeed make the math less punishing. I look forward to a fair balancing of the contracts system when/if it is eventually implemented.

One question - if/when the change is implemented, can I assume that our presently-retired players' stats will be reset to pre-retirement stats?

17. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Our current plan is:

All currently Retired players will come out of retirement. Their level and stats will return to Max level settings and will be given a full fresh contract.

18. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    2 Bugs

Attached are screenshots of some bugs:
    1) The first down marker is behind the line of scrimmage!
    2) Post game with experience point given out, notice that Strong Arm Fire was awarded 465 XP (for not playing?!), yet, had 0 experience points (in level 1). Didn't take a screenshot, but, he still had 0 when viewing My Team.

Attached Files:

19. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the heads up, I will take a look at this bug tomorrow. Dang, I thought I had fixed this bug!

20. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Does Cheating increase with Coin Bet?

In Coin Battle mode, does the level of AI cheating increase with the bet? That is, for a 250/500 game is the amount of AI cheating allowed more than the 50/100? If so, is it proportional? In some games, the AI cheating is so high that its really no fun at all. I find myself doing whatever I can to make the game end.
    By cheating, I mean:
    - the % time AI picks your play. I've used a random number generator to pick plays, and had my plays 'countered' effectively every time.
    - the number of times a single AI player is allowed to use the same perk in a single play.
    - Certain plays are guarenteed to score an AI touchdown. No matter what perks are used in tackling, the AI player is unstoppable.

If the cheating level increases with the bet, I'd choose the bet appropriately.
    thanks!