Universal Football Heroes 2015 (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #1181 tak437, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    If you google football heroes pro edition, you can find some info on it including from fortune.com. From what I read, a congrats is in order for run-games! You guys have have earned it, good luck with FHPro!

MMarzola, will this season mode ever head over to FH2015?

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Heh, sorry for the confusion :) Whenever we exit (whether through the Home button, calls or notifications) and return to FH during a game, there is a timer before the game resumes (which I assume is there to give the player some time to prepare to be thrown back into the action).

Simply pausing the game (same as pressing the pause button in the upper left hand corner manually) whenever the player returns to springboard, picks up a call or multitasks to another app would probably be more convenient and practical.

Sounds to me like I might be better off holding out for the Pro Edition. To this day, I have always preferred the iteration of any franchise with the most variety and complexity, and Pro Ed. sounds both deeper (?) and bigger and wider (and for that reason, even more awesome :) ).

Thanks for a game worth posting feedback for! :)

3. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    MMarzola, I'm currently stuck playing against the trashcan team in coin battles and sudden death. Is there anything. I can try to play against the top trams again? I tried the reset DB and it didnt help. My team is worth over $1million.

4. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    We have found a bug in Sudden Death, where it does not match the player up with Cloud Teams. Have not seen this bug for Coin Battle though. Will investigate.

Are you connected to the internet on your device?

5. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Both games will feel different. Football Heroes: Pro Edition is a bit more sim, whereas Football Heroes is over the top football dudes punching each other.

They are meant to be separate things.

6. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Yes I am, both 3G and WiFi.

7. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    MMarzola, are there any future plans for retired players? Should we just sell them off? Any chance they can become unretired in the future? Maybe a boost card that unretires players?

8. EZPo

EZPo New Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Just keep playing for months and months and your team will eventually retire and the Trashcan Bums will be tough competition again.

9. EZPo

EZPo New Member

Aug 24, 2014
    #1189 EZPo, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    I'm aware you need to generate revenue to run your company. You need to reconsider how you have chosen to do it. I can't think of any game out there that removes something from the game that the customer paid for and says "trust us, it's for your best interest in keeping the game fresh." I've dumped quite a bit of time and money into this game and now I feel screwed. You'll make a lot more money keeping your customer base happy. Don't forget about where you came from. If it weren't for kick starter and loyal customers, this game would not have got off the ground in the first place. I'd be way more willing to pay for the app than to have my purchases altered to an unplayable state. I think you had a phenomenal game going until this implementation. If you ditch this feature, activate multiplayer, and get the droid version out, you'll be sitting on a gold mine. If you implement a social aspect of the game where players can trade cards then nothing will ever touch this game.

I urge you to quit jerking us around and put our players back in the game. The only people NOT pissed about it are newcomers that don't have the hours invested in the game that most of the better teams out there have. That's MORE incentive for them to pump more revenue into your game to build their teams to compete.

10. RedHoodedSinner

RedHoodedSinner Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2014
    I am an early adopter of the game and have played the game before the retirement system is introduced. Like many of the old players, I too have a negative feeling towards this retirement feature. I have previously stated that I have a mixed feelings about it.

However, I would like to ask that the develper is given a benefit of the doubt. Let's believe that this is well intended; true this system is financially beneficial for them to survive but this is also to introduce further incentive to try other cards. Therefore, let's stop the bashing and instead offer suggestions to reach a common goal. I believe that if there is a person with gold idea out there that can give a solution that (1) promise financial sustainability for the developer, (2) offer incentive to try different cards and (3) keep all players happy, the developer will gladly implement it.

Previously, I suggested that:
    (1) retired players can be used in full skill stats in multiplayer; because you want to kick your mate's behind using your best squad,
    (2) sudden death does not reduce retirement count; because retiring cards deserve to play a full game
    Now I want add
    (3) how bout adding a feature that can regenerate retired players, let's say pay 20,000 coins (no real money payment please :p) to regenerate retired players into a new generation so we can start again from level 1.

I believe there is people out there with better ideas so rather than letting your emotion runs wild, let's think some awesome suggestions that will make this game more awesome.

Cheers

11. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I think not counting sudden death as a game towards the retirement is a good idea. I dont think 20K is a good idea. Thats more than the cards are to buy. If anything they should be half of their purchase price or the same as their sale price. Cant pay 20K to bring back my retired Dash KR Bronze card.

12. RedHoodedSinner

RedHoodedSinner Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Well, the idea is to have an over the top proce to regenerate retired cards to keep incentiveiof trying different card opens. That's only a suggestion though.

On another note, just got a CB 'Dark Brawler', I called him SoSerious, cause why not. :D

Run games, you already have Batman inspired CB and Bane inspired DL. What about adding Joker inspired QB. Called it a trickster, and make one of his powers when he got tackled or hit by an opponent he teleports to a safe location. Or if not teleport then move slightly to avoid the hit or tackle. Another power is when it throws the football it throws a second dummy ball to cause confusion. Hope you consider this. :D

13. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Yes this game will be playable anywhere on or offline just like Football Heroes :)

14. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Sorry about the radio silence

Will respond to all posts, just need some time to catch up.

15. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Another way to look at: I have the best Wide Receiver, Quarterback and Running Back in the game, why do I need to buy another pack? Before the Retirement system, you never needed to buy another player ever again, the player you had was good enough and forever.

In a card game like Hearthstone - every card in the deck can be useful because cards have different mana cost and using a low cost mana card can be useful. In Football Heroes, the best players in a specific slot for example QB will always be the best QB, there is no situation where using a lesser QB makes sense. You have solved the puzzle of the QB, meaning you will use the same QB forever, leading to the game getting repetitive and stale. Retirement allows us, to make other players in the deck desirable and make the game dynamic over long term play.

16. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    2 && 3 - Are big hits with the team, people seem to be digging these two ideas.

Also - early someone suggested that we add coin bonuses when a player retires, this is also something we would like to do.

Thank you for being level-headed and trying to work with us on this feature. We love Football Heroes and work our hardest to make it the best game it can be. It is disappointing that people are upset but we are dedicated to iterate to make Football Heroes the best game possible while maintaining a successful business.

Anybody have other ideas on how to make retirement better?

17. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    i like the idea, someone mentioned it before here, of getting a card that gets them out of retirement, if its more of a card game nfl blitz, think that would ease the impact of retiring players and bring people back to the game, knowing there characters werent completely lost..

whens the nfl players football hero due?

18. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, some sort of item that allows you to restore your retired player. We talked about this today as a design team and this would be an item your could find in decks and would reset your player back to level 1 and he would get all of his powers back. Sound good?

We are planning Pro for later this year around Thanksgiving.

19. davegobe

davegobe Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Chemist
    Cleveland, OH
    I've seen some unrealistic teams on iCloud. Are these real teams or ones you have created? See attached pic for team with 8-0 record with $3.5 million team worth.

Attached Files:

20. Rashanii

Rashanii Member

Nov 14, 2010
    The move from the original to 2015 didn't work for me, and I lost all of my players as well as my coin doubler. It also will no longer start, it just says that it is trying to connect to Run Games. I'm not very pleased.