Universal Football Heroes 2015 (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    #101 newtothis, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    dont care for that idea just drag your qb back, i want more control of my players and team not less, dont think it would feel the same..

any chance of longer quarters, time outs.

Im loving this game!!!

also whats the news on the coin 2x?

2. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Maybe I can try playing with my pinkies!

3. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    That would really improve the game, in my opinion. It would allow me to focus more on the actual passing play. And the override idea is perfect, I was thinking of Madden myself.

4. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    - Agreed on the control! What I was suggesting would never take away control from the player. What I think is a good idea is that if tap to hike, the QB will have a short auto-route (if you are not controlling the QB) where he steps back into the pocket. Tecmo Bowl has this and so does Madden.

LONGER QUARTERS - Most popular suggestion is longer quarters, we have to get this into a future update.

COIN 2x - what do you mean by this? The Coin Doubler? If you mean the Coin Doubler, then it is most awesome and will lead to future awesomeness. I recommend buying it early, as it just speeds things up a bit, but I am impatient :D

5. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Maybe you can describe your problems and maybe we can brainstorm a solution?

6. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I don't see how dragging your QB back yourself gives you more control. I feel like it detracts from the passing game; imagine that if you wanted to run the ball, you had to manually hand off/pitch the ball.

7. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
  8. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    The game needs to keep track of stats. I want to know who to sack for underperforming ;)

I still do not know what the player positions are. Not everyone is from the states you know!

9. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I'd rather keep it the way it is....dropping back in the pocket IS part of the passing game. I think the way it is now requires slightly more skill since you have to focus where you are in the pocket instead of ignoring it. The way madden works if you hike the ball and touch nothing the computer will literally do everything for you. On defense it has the added bonus of actually having to pay attention to the play you call since your defender won't auto cover.

10. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I'd have to agree with the crowd. Please do not change the web mechanics. I play with both of my thumbs and whichever side my qb is on I position my thumb and start the play. Again I've only been sacked on defensive counters and that was only if I didn't get a short route.

Longer quarters
    Switching of players
    Stats during half time and stats throughout the league
    The kicker not moving after a field goal
    Changing the black when kicking a field goal
    Online multiplayer
    Gold packs
    Player stats

Seem to be the popular ones

11. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pretty fun game so far. Tested it on my iphone but will install on ipad.

Defense so far i just play safety till i get use to this.

12. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    STATS - Oh yes, this game needs WAY more stats. This is something we had to pull back on towards the end of development to finish up. But Stat Junkies rejoice we will be bring a METRIC *get it, METRIC* ton of stats with an update and some planned features.

FOOTBALL IQ - We have plans to walk people through the rules, positions and the quirks of the game. Right now we expect you know Football, this is not cool. We are filming (optional) Video tutorials that you will be able to access from inside the game that should explain everything.

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    YES! Would love stats like total sacks/int/td etc etc

In fact, while I'n daydreaming, would love a season mode a la Tecmo Bowl where every season you try to break your own records... :)

14. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    You can play with the same team on iPad if you use the same GameCenter account :)

DEFENSE - Playing prevent and covering in the back field is the way that I play, in Football Heroes you are trying to make the other guy mess up and blow his powers early, then shut him down :cool:

If you stop an Offensive drive you have a big advantage. Go for the Interception or breaking up the pass and try and try and contain the running back.

My business partner, is always blitzing and his strategy works well too, he is always going from broke! Different strokes for different folks!

15. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    I spent entire summers of my life doing this over and over again :)

16. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I personally play dline and blitz everytime and if they get the throw I pray I'm near it which 50% of the time I am

17. newtothis

Oct 1, 2013
    any chance of adding 2 point conversions after tds instead of just field goals??

18. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    We had this in at one point and really messed with the pacing slowing the game down. This is not a big deal in Single player, but it Multiplayer it bogged the game down considering how much scoring there is (or can be).

19. newtothis

Oct 1, 2013
    ^ ha you guys tried everything before releasing truly a solid game.

question..why is my total amount of money for the team/players decreasing after replaying old match ups, which ive done to earn more coins and to face easier opponents :)

20. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Do you mean Team Value or Hero Coins?