Universal Football Heroes 2015 (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    It should be noted that the coin doubler only lasts until 9/1/2014, or apparently one "season"... Which seems an odd design choice. Still, I will grab it...

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Huh? I've never heard of a limited time doubler...
    Is that confirmed dev? And what would be the reason?

3. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    It says it right when you tap on the coin doubler, it's not like its hidden...

4. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I must have not paid attention. Still don't understand the reasoning. Bought the doubler but now just want to understand the rationale behind the limited time it'll work.

5. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Only thing to make this game better is online multiplayer. Like I said in previous thread, definitely lived up to the hype. Sometimes hard rocha he players with all the chaos going on, but loving his game. No paywalls, no timers...gotw

6. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    I am the developer of this game, and I cannot go into specifics about it, but trust me when I say I am not happy about it, at all! I hope before the end of the season we can make this a permanent purchase.

7. guitarman85

guitarman85 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Agreed that they aren't intrusive, but I would still love to pay to remove them. Makes me feel more like I "own" the game.

8. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Excellent game, I am very pleased. A few small mechanics I've noticed that could use adjusting:
    The ability to switch off the kicker after kickoff, I can't seem to switch defenders if I'm chasing a player unless I completely release the screen, and I think the coin flip always lands on heads or at least it has in all 5 of my games so far.

Very minor details but overall, well done!

9. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Interesting... :) Wish I understood what's happening behind the scenes.. Hehe
    Sure hope you can make it permanent. Really loving this game the more I play.
    One of those rare games that I haven't felt let down after playing a game. In fact, as I said, it's just growing on me more and more

10. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    That's my only problem is switching of people and having to take my finger off to do so.

11. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #31 MrMojoRisin, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    What are the "pro controls"??

Also, can you fumble in this game?

12. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    I was wondering the same but haven't flipped the switch to see what exactly they entail!

13. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I've changed to pro but have no idea what the difference is... :)

14. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Pro Controls

When Pro Controls are ON. When you drag your finger to move your player the center of the analog stick moves with your finger. When Pro Controls are OFF the center of the analog stick stays anchored in the position where you initially placed your finger down.

Pro Controls allows you to change direction faster, but in playtests we found that PRO CONTROLS by default was confusing to new players. Once we implemented the Anchoring system it was easier for new players to learn the running mechanic.

15. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    Yes you can fumble and cause fumbles. I've done so without the fumble perk from a regular tackle and I've done so with the fumble punch perk

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Game Impressions

You know, at early glance, this seems kinda awesome. Throwback to the days of Brutal Sports Football and Speedball, but in a very 21th century style. Also, the freemium implementation seems surprisingly fair (the only player I could purchase for real money actually had worse stats than his counterpart for in-game cash).

With multiplayer already in, all we need is a true persistent online mode (as someone mentioned in the upcoming thread), with running leagues, persistent stats, team progression, etc.

17. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Ditto! Caused a few fumbles and also garnered quite a few sacks as well, which is always satisfying!

18. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Yup I fumbled on the dang one yard line against the convicts in the rookie bowl :). My first loss but I beat them in the next game

19. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Whoa, that is a tough break! Way to come back strong!

:D

20. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Great game... Having a minor problem selecting other players during game actions though....is it an auto switch to nearest player to ball or you physical have to select the player ???? If not auto switch maybe an idea for next update