follow.trail - Prepare to be puzzled (by Gregory Pykacz)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rajieru, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajieru

rajieru Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2017
    #1 rajieru, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Hey! I'm excited to announce that my game follow.trail will be available in App Store on August 10th 2017!

What is follow.trail?
    follow.trail is a puzzle game inspired by games like Desert Golfing and The Witness, where the goal is to follow the trail of dots without leaving anything behind.

What does it feature?
    • - Countless procedurally generated levels with a shared seed, so that all players are solving the same puzzles.
    • - Simple mechanics that combined result in challenging but rewarding puzzles.
    • - No hints or skipping levels. Sorry. You have to beat them all. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    • - Minimalistic graphics emphasizing the goal of the game.
    • - No menus, options or other unnecessary features for maximum focus.
    • - Simple swipe controls with slow swipe to preview the next move.
    • - Always ready to play with no loading screens.
    • - Super light for those concerned about storage.
    • - Pay once and play however you like.
    • - Designed and implemented by one independent developer who loves games and hopes to deliver more of them in the future.

How does it look?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What are people saying?
    - „This level is broken! Oh, wait. Never mind.”
    - „I NEED A HINT!”
    - „Why did you do this to me?!”
    - „THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! I DID IT!!!”
    - „The Dark Souls of puzzle games.”

Where to find more info?
    Official website: http://followthetrail.info
    My twitter: https://twitter.com/gpykacz

I'll be more than happy to answer your questions here!

2. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    I was going through old files and I found some nice old screenshots and decided to share them here with some background story.

Over a year ago I decided to mock up one of ideas I was keeping back in my head. I spent and evening and came up with this:
    [​IMG]

I liked it so much that I decided to pause the other game I was working on at that time and to prototype this one. The idea was simple so I was planning to spent like 3 months on it and release it as a free title with some adds. I don't like this model a lot and I just couldn't force my self do it this way. So I started iterating on the ideas to not waste the potential I saw in this game. The mechanics were so simple that you could figure it out just by looking at the screenshots so I was scared to post anything during the development. Plus I worked on this in my free time so I had no idea how much time I'll need to finish it. I tried some different styles and color pallets like this ones:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

But I wasn't quite happy with those so decided to go back to the first vision I had. The one I liked the most. I tweaked it a bit and the game looks like this now:
    [​IMG]

At the end I really like how it came out. Plus those colors just like every other detail in this game have a meaning for me.

Only few days until follow.trail is out!

3. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    Hey everyone!

It's only 2 days left until follow.trail hits the App Store! The game is approved and waiting to be released so I hope everything goes smoothly on August 10th. Since I have some "free time" I figured I'll prepare something special for you. I'm going to post on some promo codes on the release date but not the usual "copy and paste" way. That would be boring :p I'll keep you posted here...

Stay tuned! ;)

4. Dropout_Games

Dropout_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Being puzzle maniacs ourselves, we'd love to see how this one pans out.

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
  6. adds02

adds02 New Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Can't wait to check this out!

7. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017