Universal follow.trail (by Gregory Pykacz)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rajieru, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Merocojo

Merocojo New Member

Feb 12, 2012
    The new update went live 11 hours ago according to iTunes but It cannot be updated only opened. Someone with the same problem?? Don’t want to delete and to reinstall as I am afraid I will loose progress

2. rajieru

rajieru Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Sometimes it take some time for the App Store to show up the pending update. You can try closing the app store app and opening it again if you haven't try that already. Just give it some time and it should eventually kick in I think. Sorry :(

Definitely do not remove the game before updating cause you will lose your progress. Once you get the update and open the game for the first time your save will be synced and save in your iCloud. :)

3. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I posted some promo codes so if you didn't have a chance to try the game go and grab some before it's too late :p

You can find them here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=4057548#post4057548

And as always please post some comments here! More feedback is always welcomed it helps me a lot :)

Thank you and have fun! :eek:

4. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    Hello!

I just wanted to let you all know that new update just went live!

What's New in Version 1.3:
    - Support for iPads without Retina displays - Yes you can play even on those older devices as long as you have iOS 9!
    - Tweaks to the iPad touch controls - Now it should feel even sharper.
    - ??? - Do not miss it...

Also there is someone on the leaderboard that beat more than 500 levels and still playing :eek: I've checked it out and it's legit. To give you some context it's about 40 hours of playing! Is that anyone from here? would be nice to talk to that person :)

Thank you all once again! :eek:

5. harrrrrrr

harrrrrrr Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    First.... thank you Gregory Pykacz for your kindness of a code to try your new game. I've only scratched the surface with about 1 hour of gameplay and am very pleased so far. I really like the no instruction approach and big blue finger help. I really have enjoyed both figuring out how things work as well as being surprised by all the twists and turns the game takes. Definitely requires thought but allows progress without penalty so nice to keep moving on in the game. Good game... sure to keep me interested for a good while. Thanks again for the code.

6. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    follow.trail just got featured by Apple in Europe and Canada :)

It means a lot to me and it's super motivating!
    I think it would not be possible without all of you here so I just wanna say huge...

THANK YOU ALL!

7. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    Another update just went live:
    - Fixed small tutorial glitch on iPads.
    - ??? - Share...

Also just want to share that I'm moving to the next project but I'll still support follow.trail if something pops.
    I'm starting my next game so keep your eyes open ;)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :eek:

8. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Great game. I’m slowly moving through the levels. You should update the tags on this thread to reflect that it is Universal and add iPad screenshots. Looks great on my iPad Pro 10.5. Thanks.

9. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    Thanks for kind words it always helps ;)

Also I've updated the thread post and on a preview it was saying universal but on commit looks like it doesn't pick up the latest data from the App Store :confused: It's my first game thread so I'm probably doing something wrong here :p If you have any suggestions please let me know ;)

Thank you! :eek:

10. phatjak69

phatjak69 New Member

Oct 22, 2017
    #90 phatjak69, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Stuck on level 82, help? Been stuck for a while, also started finding that ??? I believe you were referring to

11. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    I have to admit that this one is tricky :p I've already beat it once but I don't remember how :confused: I'm trying to solve it again and if I'll success I'll post the solution here ;)

12. phatjak69

phatjak69 New Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Solved! I was stuck on that for a loooooong time, and still couldn't tell you how I did it

13. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    AWESOME!

I tried for few days as well and finally beat it again. I was going to post the video here because it was tricky af but now since you beat it as well I'll probably just keep it in case someone else has problems :p So if someone here wants the solution just let me know here!

Thanks for not giving up! I really feels awesome to see people keep playing ;)

14. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    70% OFF Christmas Sale!

Hey Everyone!

Just wanna let everybody know that you can get follow.trail 70% OFF for a limited time!

This is the first time I put it on sale so if you didn't have chance to try it and you like puzzle games now is the time :p Also I would appreciate if you can spread the word. This kind of help means world to me as a solo developer :eek:

Thank you for playing and Merry Christmas! :)

15. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    Hey All!

If you've been following this topic you know that I made follow.trail using 9 year old MacBook Pro. This year Apple decided that all new app as well as new updates have to be build with iOS SDK 11 which is not available in older versions of Xcode and newer versions of Xcode are not supported on older machines like mine. So I decided that now is the time to pull the trigger and update my old Mac to something newer. And here it is:

[​IMG]

I know that this sounds silly but you have no idea how huge deal this is for me. Now I can finally add iPhone X support to the follow.trail as well as some of the new features that I had in mind for a while. Plus I can continue my work on the new game but shhh it is not ready to be shown yet. Maybe later this year, who knows, but since I’m doing this after regular day job hours I can’t promise you anything.

But I wanted to talk about something else here. So I have prepared update with iPhone X support and I just wanted to share with you that I’m going to have a little beta available here on Touch Arcade forums, once Apple approves Test Flight build. I know that this is not most exciting thing ever, but if you are interested in, keep your eyes open! I’ll post a link to the new topic here.

Aslo I just want to say THANK YOU! This would not be possible without you.

:)

raravan likes this.
  16. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
  17. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I’d love to beta test new version.

I DID buy the original version, but never got too far.
    I have an iPad Air 2, and an iPhone 7

18. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    Maybe I should mention that the only new feature in this version is the support of iPhone X. So if you played game before it will not be different. the beta is to make sure that this version did not break anything else :rolleyes:

BUT! I would love to hear some of your ideas for the new features. Last time ppl wanted the level selection and after some struggle I was able to add it to the game :) So I'll happy to hear your ideas again and maybe even add them to the game if I'll be able to :oops:

I have plans for updates containing support for haptic feedback and achievements. I was also thinking about adding something like a dark mode but that would be harder to implement.

Any other ideas? :confused:

19. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017
    Hello again!
    I just want to make a small announcement:

iPhone X support for follow.trail will be available on September 5th 2018!

I'm still working on some additional features that I'll release next so if you have any ideas for things you would like to see in the game please let me know below! any comments are welcome ;)

Also if you would like to help me with testing some of the new features please sing up here:
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/update-beta-follow-trail-prepare-to-be-puzzled.323601/

THANK YOU ALL! :)

20. rajieru

Jul 18, 2017