Universal Fly Catbug Fly! (by Frederator / Cartoon Hangover)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. fivejane

fivejane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    That calculator is 1337 dude.

2. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    What do you unlock with that?

Someone needs to post a list of codes for those who can't figure it out like me :D

3. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    You are not the only one hahaha

4. fivejane

fivejane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    1337 toggles a mode where all the controls are the same but the display is mirrored left-to-right. (Note that the dive button moves on the display but not w.r.t. input).

5. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Also try 9000 for fun.

6. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Any of you guys watch bravest warriors? I started watching it after this streamed Wednesday and have seen all the episodes haha.

Still waiting to pick this game up though.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Why would you do that? The game's on an introductory 50% off sale. ;)

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    What a nice surprise, I bought it not really knowing if I was gonna enjoy it or not, and I was happily surprised. It reminds me of Tanuki Forest with a very similar gameplay and gate system (picking up items to drop them in those gates). The game is beautifully simple with a very retro kind of feeling and the power ups are well done. Not the best endless runner, but in the top 5 to my point of view (behind Tanuki Forest, Jones on Fire and Oasis).

9. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Hey everyone, thanks for the awesome support over the first week the game's been out. We submitted a new update to Apple last night, 1.0.3 which has a number of bug fixes, some small additions for fun (at least one new hat...), and some small functionality additions like a quit/replay button on the pause screen and a built-in screengrab when tweeting.

We're also talking about some major content additions in the next month especially to coincide when the Bravest Warriors come back at the end of May to finish off the second season. Thanks again for the support everyone and we hope to keep updating and making the game even better for you gals and guys!

10. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Awesome!!! Can't wait!

11. redranch91

Mar 3, 2014
    Looking forward!

12. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Love this game.
    4.5/5

I'm...
    I'm actually playing on Android *ducks behind cover*

I've beaten all levels (or gotten 1000+ on each level) but I haven't seen a calculator!

Any tips?

13. redranch91

Mar 3, 2014
    Not sure if Android and iOS versions are the same but it should be in the main screen on the right side above the Items button. It looks like a calculator.

14. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I found it in the menu.
    Thanks.

To the devs:
    Excellent game. Thanks for putting so much attention to detail.
    I would really like the option to have the dive button as either the full left 1/2 of my screen, or at least the left quadrant (going all the way from the bottom to the top).
    I'm sure it isn't an issue on iPad (and I plan to double dip and grab this on iOS s well), but on my phone I often miss the dive button.

(If you love this game you may want to check out "jtpck")

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I agree, that's good idea. I often miss the dive button on the iPhone too, causing Catbug to slam into the ceiling instead of diving. It's cool how you can destroy terrain with the dive! Also, there is a bit of lag when using Beth, and maybe that's something you fixed as a part of the next update, but just throwing it out there. Very much looking forward to future content!

16. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Thanks Lazer, we actually already have this option in the Options menu, it's probably just a little confusingly worded. The toggle "Show Dive Button" when toggled off actually switches to a "touch the side of the screen to dive" option instead of a button. We'll probably rename this in another future update.

Another big feature that's been requested is iCloud support and we're looking forward to getting that in soon also. Thanks again for all the kind words everyone, let us know about anything else you'd like to see in the game.

17. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Hey devs I really am liking this game except for one thing, you should be able to pass the hyper level starting from the regular level. I don't get why you can only pass it by starting at the hyper part?(is there some reason I'm not seeing?)

18. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Cool.
    Yes, I agree that it needs to be reworded. I never tried that because I assumed it simply made the same dive button invisible.

19. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    I just got this, it's hard to get used to cat bugs flight but I love the fan service :) I'm excited to get better and start unlocking stuff

20. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Thanks everyone, version 1.0.3 is now up on the App Store! We hope everyone enjoys!

Hey Darth, are you asking why you can only get to the next area after passing Hyper mode for 1000 meters? We designed the game that way because there are some new pickups/level patterns that only appear after you reach hyper mode and we wanted there to be a little bit of challenge before moving on to the next level. Thanks for playing and let us know if that answers your question!