Universal Fly Catbug Fly! (by Frederator / Cartoon Hangover)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Fml I just died at 989 on hyper holojohn...

2. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Ahhh fun game! I'm beat it :D

3. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Since my first impressions,I've got to say now I'm literally hooked.I have played like probably close to 50 rounds non-stop already.Thank goodness it's a weekend because I just spent almost a good portion of my night playing it. I've gotten to Hyper Lavarinth already. Hyper levels are all super difficult.There should be an Epileptic caution tagged to those levels because.... my eyes!! :p

Also just updated to the latest version. Was there a tweak to the controls because I noticed some difference?I was able to whiz past hyper levels slightly easier after the update.

And congratulations on TA's GotW! Well-deserved. It's a shame it didn't make it onto the App Store's Featured page here in the UK but it's #30 on the Top Paid list last time I checked so that's gotta say something. :)

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, congrats on getting Game of the Week! :) Had it not been for the TA crew, I would have never really given this thread a second look, but I immediately picked the game up on Android and am seriously considering double-dipping for the iOS version, since this just came out of nowhere and effortlessly became one of the best cave flyers/endless runners on the App Store. Flawless. :)

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Really? Is there a lot of content here?

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's a ton of unlockables, 8 levels and not a single in-app purchase. Want to progress and unlock stuff? You're gonna have to actually play the game. :)

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Cool, I'm picking this up now, thanks :)

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Cartoon Hangover news pop up doesn't rotate.

9. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words! It's really exciting that we've been chosen as TouchArcade's game of the week, especially with a lot of other big name titles coming out.

We released a small update last night that fixed some small bugs with the game that we caught before launch last week. Thanks to the feedback here there are a few more things for us to fix/tweak so we'll be looking at pushing another update in the near future to fix those issues and hopefully add in some more cool stuff. Thanks everyone!

10. Congrats again on getting Toucharcade's GOTW, luckily I got to play before you got the award thanks to you, and it is good you are getting some recognition now!

11. loptr

loptr Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Information Architect
    Singapore
    What's the calculator for? Is there a secret code you can enter into it?

12. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Was wondering too. It's not even a normal calculator at that. No plus, division or a multiplication number sign.

I also have another question, do any of you actually use the 'dive' button in the game? I have unlocked all levels so far without using it. When I do, it doesn't really help me at all except to simply dive down faster. Often times, it is useless to me in hyper environments with narrower caves.

13. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    There's a lot you can try typing into the keypad. :) For example, type in #--# and check the very end of the hats list in the store.

14. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

This is a really good cave flyer. Lighthearted and funny. Watched the first episode of the show on YouTube to get an idea of where this came from. The shows got some quick witted, dark humor that I find highly enjoyable.

Now back to the game; does anyone know if there is iCloud progress support between devices? I looked all through the menu for the option but didn't see it. I really wish more universal apps would include this feature, as I like to play on my phone when I'm out and about, then switch to the iPad when I'm at home.

15. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Thanks anotherkelly for the positive feedback. We're hoping to add iCloud support in an update in the very short future, it's definitely a feature that's been requested by a few people.

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Great! Thanks for the quick reply, hope the game gets a ton of attention. I'll be telling my friends about it! #

17. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    You have won a new fan, and because I am sucker for plushies... Catbug is on his way from We Love Fine hahaha

I have a few suggestions:
    -Add a button quit on the pause menu. During a few runs, I wanted to change world, but the pause menu doesn't have that function. I had to die to go back to the menu.
    -Add missions to complete in the different worlds, that would add to the replay ability and longevity of the game.
    -Maybe have some bosses levels. That would be fun to have Impossibear running after Catbug to hit him with his gas stick.

18. duckee75

duckee75 Member

May 8, 2012
    This game is so fantastic! I have a couple suggestions one would be a score or coin multiplier/bonus based on consecutive items collected the other would also be a multiplier/bonus based on how many portals you avoid before turning items in

19. loptr

loptr Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Information Architect
    Singapore
    Ha that's cool. Thanks.

Keyed in a bunch of combinations but haven't found anything new yet.

Well, Catbug did disapprove when I typed in 80085.