Universal Fly Catbug Fly! (by Frederator / Cartoon Hangover)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    The dev has right. After playing for a while, it gets easier to move Catbug.

2. Yeah, the developer is a cool guy!

I will be back with some impressions!

3. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I always miss these giveaways, bugger! Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait until tonight to play this. Love the show, so I'm sure this is gonna be full of great humor

4. Man, the music in this game is awesome!

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Liking what I'm seeing a lot here, and the positive comments from others here have me encouraged. Congrats to those who were fortunate to be around in time for promo codes; the impressions always help a lot. :)

6. Kinda like a really funny make you feel good jetpack joyride.

Highly recommended!

[​IMG]

7. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

First of all, thanks to the kind dev for the promo code :)
    Few impressions from the little time I've spent with the game so far.

It's a really fun little "endless runner/flyer" or whatever you wanna call em, with a touch of Katamary Damacy thrown in.
    It has simple gameplay that's great for those quick pick up' n play sessions, yet it's also got that "just one more go" addictiveness too..

If you're a fan of Bravest Warriors then it's a no brainer to pick this little gem up. It's full of humor and references to the show. Catbug's little voice is so god damn cute!! :p

And the music is absolutely outstanding!

Even if you're not a fan of the show and you enjoy quick little casual games like Tiny Wings, Jetpack Joyride, at $0.99 it's worth checking out in my opinion. Definitely a nice surprise amongst tonight's releases.

There is a little bug I've encountered though.. Whenever I try to press the Twitter button to post my high score, the game crashes :(

8. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Awesome game. Highly recommended....

9. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    This game looks fun. Downloading...

10. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Thanks everyone for the awesome response so far! The fine folks at Cartoon Hangover/Frederator have put together a nice trailer for the game and with that I guess we're officially launched!

Thanks again to everyone who's played so far. We're going to keep on working on the game and adding more content, features, and cool things from the Bravest Warriors!

Oh man, we'll definitely look into this also. It's worked on our test devices, but we'll be a little more thorough and make sure the social integration is less buggy in the next update.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG CATBUG!!!!! Why I didn't find about this earlier?!?!?!?!?!?!

12. This game is awesome! It really makes me laugh and is much funner than it looks! Highly recommend it to anyone out there!

13. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Late to the party but I know how it feels. I've missed so many promo code offers before this and most of them just take and run.At least the people here are slightly better.Isn't there a way to stop giving away promos to random passer-bys? I'm sure a lot of them who take and run are just those who pop into TA forums for a look see without actually registering. The devs who lurk around here and are sometimes nice enough to dole out promo codes should make it a bit harder like "PM me if you want a code.First 20 who PM's me gets it."

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #34 VaroFN, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    The increase cash upgrade is the best. I got around 3000 after reaching 1000 in lavarinth.

The game's asking for a combo system though!

I'm having some framerate problems though. Also after pausing the game it doesn't register if you keep tapping. There's also a little bug in the shop where the second description of a "locked" (you don't have enough money to buy it) shows the second description of the previous object.

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ok. I've never heard of Catbug before this game, so I did some research on the old interweb and watched a couple episodes. I will say that Cartoon Hangover has a new follower now. I'm loving the show! As for the game, it's awesome. I played it prior to watching any episodes and still loved it. If your into endless runners/flyers, I highly recommend this one. It's very well done.

16. drinkycode

drinkycode Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2014
    Male
    Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Thanks everyone for the great support! We're in top 10 of all games and overall in the top 15 right now so the response for the game has been amazing! Thanks everyone. :)

Thanks for the feedback Varo, we'll look into both issues. We're thinking of cleaning up the pause screen a little since some players have had slight issues with it also. Thanks!

17. This game kinda feels like a Cartoon Network or Adult Swim Jetpack Joyride like game. The graphics don't quite give it justice, cause it is hilarious to play, and really makes you laugh.

Highly recommended!

18. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Game Impressions

Was actually planning to buy this game over the weekend but I was more than surprised when I came home and found that the devs were super nice to have PMed me a promo code after my little rant above. :D A++ effort on that,guys!

Been playing for about 30 minutes already so I'll try to post some honest and unbiased first impressions here. I love the graphics and everything. Catbug's voice may be a tad bit annoying if you have the volume turned way up. I watched the first few episodes before playing the game so I know it's not a fault with the game at all. Thankfully, the SFX can be turned down so that was all good. The concept is pretty simple and familiar like a lot of endless runner genres but it has a good combo of elements from games like Jetpack Joyride and also Ridiculous Fishing (collecting items instead of fishes in this case).

Characters are customisable, there are a good number of new environments to unlock as you progress on and the music is catchy (all based off of the show of course). I think I would begin to really appreciate the game more as I continue watching the show. If you've never watched the show before, this game should really make you want to watch it. I've just subscribed to the channel on YouTube. ;)

Now on to the one thing that irked me a little bit - the controls. Flying Catbug should be more seamless like that of Jetpack Joyride. I'm sure that some tweaking could make the experience more sublime in future. For now, it is still completely bearable. I can still get through a good distance without crashing into walls but I believe the controls could really be improved on.

I have no complaints apart from that. The game loads fine and there aren't any major bugs or anything else that really impedes the game at the moment. I may have to play longer to see. Until then, I would consider this game a fantastic pickup and play. If only all TV and movie game tie-ins were more true to the show as this. I will definitely recommend this and the show to friends. Hopefully there will be future content updates too.

Keep up the great work,devs! :)

19. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Really really digging this. The art style is right on point.

20. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Game of the week!!!!!!

Congratulations! That's well-deserved.