Universal Floyd's Sticker Squad (By LemonChili Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LittleNando, Oct 31, 2017.

1. LittleNando

LittleNando Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Dec 7, 2016
    Thanks for the input! Hmm... we didn't think of an IAP like that... but that just might work!
    You mean, paying to kill all the sleep timers? How much would you be up to pay for that?

The timer would reset to zero everytime you do GAME OVER, but to play you would still need to use coins to wake up floyds in one same game. Does that make sense?

2. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    That makes sense. I agree that you shouldn’t be able to revive constantly on a run. I am still playing and enjoying it as is. It really is a fun game. As far as what I would pay- probably $4.99. I just wonder if a gold doubler would be a better choice as to not break the game. As it is now, it is just too expensive to revive. I am hoarding my gold and have only revived a couple times and I am sitting on like 20k gold.

I wish there was more activity on this thread as it deserves some more visibility. I am actually suprised there isn’t more.

3. shaymon

Sep 3, 2013
    Iap

I may be in the minority here but I think iap for new floyds would work. I would definitely purchase them for a couple bucks. I know some people get jacked up about iap so you would probably need to make them attainable with gold or the plutonium. The other nice thing about new floyds would be more time to play :)

My input on the sticker packs- I just don’t get an urge to purchase any. I might grab one just to see what they consist of. Maybe I have not played enough to realize their value.

How do runs work on the floyds- do you ever get more? If not- a way to increase that would be nice.

4. shaymon

Sep 3, 2013
    Ok- so you can get temporary extra runs for floyds. A permanent option would be nice. Still have not seen one.

I retract my statement about uninstalling due to timers. While I would like to see them tuned, the game is still too great to not overlook it :)

5. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    It’s not clear to me how I should spend money on the game. Direct purchase of Floyds, Floyd sticker packs, or the removal of sleep timers (between games) would make way more sense.

I’d go in $4.99 for the removal of sleep timers.

While I’m here, Can I please ask that you enable third-party audio? Even if I turn off the music and sound, Floyd’s won’t let me play a podcast while playing. The music is good, but I strongly prefer listening to podcasts while gaming on my phone.

If I tap on the currency, it says I can use it to wake Floyd and buy cute stuff. Where’s the cute stuff?

Really enjoying the game. Would like to support it, but it’s not clear to me how the sticker packs you can buy with plutonium will help me enjoy the game more.

6. LittleNando

Patreon Silver

Dec 7, 2016
    Thanks for the notes! We'll be making the floyd wake ups cheaper. At least the Floyd Warpos --they are cheaper at the moment. Give it a look! Only 250 coins to revive the first time, then doubles each time.

7. LittleNando

Patreon Silver

Dec 7, 2016
    The next update (which will go live in 1-2 weeks) features new promos where you can buy NEW FLOYDS directly, without having to wait to level up!

As far as sticker packs... There seems to be an issue with the 'perceived value' of the stickers. I see you guys asking what the stickers are for. I think we should improve that and explain it better, somehow.
    Pasting stickers allow you to unlock new content: New boss fights, new enemies, new items, new stuff overall
    Also pasting stickers allow you to level up QUICKER, and thus getting more floyds...

Do you have any thoughts/input on how we can explain this better?

We are 'scripting' stickers so that in the first 2 sessions you unlock a new enemy, at least, so you get it right from the get go that STICKERS = CONTENT.

Another idea is needing repeat Floyd stickers to level up... but developing that would take a bunch of time.

8. LittleNando

Patreon Silver

Dec 7, 2016
    Hey xx99 the cute stuff are stickers! haha. Maybe we should rewrite to STICKERS.... dumb me.
    THanks for your input mate. As far as the third-party audio goes, we will definitely be looking into that, not for this next update (1-2 weeks) but for a LATTER update.

Thanks mate!!!

9. shaymon

Sep 3, 2013
    How is this game not getting traction?? It is a great game and the devs are always listening to feedback. Definitely give it a try if you haven’t already.

10. LittleNando

Patreon Silver

Dec 7, 2016
    Thanks so much Mate. All your input is really helpful!! Thanks so much for playing!!

11. shaymon

Sep 3, 2013
    No, thank YOU for making one of the best mobile games!

12. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Fun game but I would really like it if they got rid of the timers.

13. shaymon

Sep 3, 2013
    They are working on that and a TON of other stuff Jack. Like floyd upgrades, skins, new floyds etc.!

14. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    How come you guys changed the green Floyd from 3 lives to one? Like others on here, I am hoarding my coins as well. Not sure what to spend them on. If they are going to be used to unlocks Floyds in the future, I will save them.

15. shaymon

Sep 3, 2013
    They are currently testing different floys reset timers. And eventually you will be able to purchase it to where you won’t have to wake them up. Also, they are adding Floyd stat leveling which will consume gold.

16. LittleNando

Patreon Silver

Dec 7, 2016
    Hey JackDerp. Yes, we are considering a new feature that will get rid of timers, pretty soon! Thanks for your input. Hope you are enjoyin the game!

17. LittleNando

Patreon Silver

Dec 7, 2016
    Hey Wicked! We are testing different amount of floyd runs/lives. There will be a new version coming out this week on iOS featuring 3 lives for all Floyds (on Android that update is live NOW).

Also, yes, the coin thing, they are kinda useless now but we're developing new features like Floyd levelling and other stuff which will be super useful to have coins for.

Thanks for playing the game and providing feedback!

18. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    This game does deserve way more attention, it’s very good (you have no idea how psyched I was to see very realistic lenticular effects on the stickers) though right now it’s a bit too bogged down with runs only lasting so long before cooldown timers make you stop and wait for the timer to expire. Right now, it’s a bit of a grindy mess with having got 115 stickers and those remaining 16 being incredibly elusive to the point of not really feeling like there’s much forward motion. There’s also a bug where a few missions regarding bear bosses can’t be completed simply because for some reason bear bosses simply aren’t counting as wins.

I like the idea of making the Floyds have stats to boost so there’s something to use coins on but I feel it’s being a bit too freemium, would be cool to be able to exchange coins for plutonium so the hard currency doesn’t feel as hard. Sticker packs are kinda funky because i have brought some with the plutonium won in-game but it’s a very lengthy thing opening each pack individually then having to stick each one even if it’s a dupe. Could be a way to simplify the process down so it’s more of a one-tap thing to stick your stickers? Keep up the cool work you guys!

19. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Okay, that update didn’t go so well at all. So, all my progress has been nuked due to what i assume is a save mismatch issue so now while i have my currencies and unlocked Floyds, my sticker book has been reset, went through the tutorial again and as such am back at level two.

So far, not a good show but the feeling that I’m getting nickel and dimed to play weighs heavy and it’s already an inferior product what with losing a free timed sticker pack which you now need to pay to unlock and well, maybe it’s the data loss talking but I’m not pleased with where the game is going.

20. LittleNando

Patreon Silver

Dec 7, 2016
    Hey Nini, first of all, I'm very glad you were enjoying the game! Not glad at all that you lost all your stickers. Don't worry, I will fix it personally. Mail me to [email protected] and I'll make sure you are happy with the product.

The reason we made the second free pack paid, is because even if the game is working pretty good, retention-wise, monetization-wise it's not performing very well. We've been developing this game for 2 years now and the prospects are good, in terms that the users are loving the expierience, but we need to make some money off it to pay for the investment, and that means we're trying some things that are not particularly 'FAIR' to current players ---and for that reason, I apologise. Contact me privately and we'll make it up to you. This goes to all players who are experiencing the same thing.

:)
    I'm really happy, though, that you are liking the game, even if you found this setbacks.

Lots of love! I'll wait for your e-mail.