Universal Flop Rocket (by Butterscotch Shenanigans)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Hey ineptitude :) I sent you a friend request a few hours ago, under the name of Doovy.
    If you have any butter ups left I would love to be buttered up in Towelfight 2!
    You are seriously really generous for doing this for people, so +100 karma for you, my friend!

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #102 Intendro, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    ...Wow, okay, thanks. :)
    The confirmation email hasn't shown up yet.
    Your username is the same as here?
    I want Quadropus Rampage buttered up.
    I'll be back. As soon as I see the email.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Yep, same username. Just send me a message through the game when you can.

4. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    @Intendro Check your Spam! We have a lot of unverified accounts queued up, presumably because things are getting caught in spam filters. Yahoo and Hotmail accounts seem to hate our emails, even though we stripped out every damn thing that could look like spam :(.

The friend issues you are saying may be due to your device trying to refresh the friend list and timing out, which may result in an empty friend list. You won't need to log in and out for that, just go back to the BscotchID manager later (it can refresh every ~3 minutes).

5. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #105 Intendro, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    It didn't end up in spam. Got it.

Anotherkellydown, I sent the friend request.

Speaking of this, I didn't seem to be able to use Copy/Paste in the friends menu.

...Seems I got the Butter Up. I got the message in my inbox. It's not in the shop anymore.
    Thanks again! :)

6. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    ...Should I be worried that I've gotten another confirmation email after I already confirmed the previous one?

Well, this is a little embarrassing...
    What happened was, I got impatient and tried a second time. The first email showed up and didn't work because only the last is supposed to work.

Even longer after that one, I tried one last time for the day (the third time) to make sure the thing was actually being sent.

The second email showed up and worked. But now the third has actually shown up! But my account is working already. :eek:
    Is this going to cause problems? Should I just ignore that email? Or not?

7. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Awesome, it worked.

Spanks!!

8. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    No worries! It's set up to be robust to repeated attempts at getting a BscotchID, and once you finally get it claimed none of those links will do anything. They're all one-time dealies.

9. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Hey I sent you a friend request on BS, also tried to send you a PM on here to no avail. It wouldn't let me send it for some reason.
    You are beautiful in every way! Lol, don't know if the last 3 have been taken yet, but I would definitely appreciate having my Roid Rampage buttered up possibly. Thanks, and that is incredibly nice and generous of you to offer that to everyone! Have a great day! :) my BSID is skylined87

10. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I've never seen so many compliments towards one person at a time XD

11. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Really enjoying this game, added the bsids found in the thread, feel free to add me. Massulan

12. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    All right. :)

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I am SO bad at this game but can't seem to stop playing it. I watched the trailer and I think Im doing things rightÂ…Arrggh!

14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Im already buttered up in all the games but I just wanted to tell you how gorgeous you really are.

15. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Sweet sassy molassy I'm BUTTERED UP!

BSID: Bohampscious

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    My bscotch ID is JCho133

Add me if you're buttery enough

17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Tried adding you a couple times now and it keeps saying "this friend has already sent you a request". I don't see the request anywhere.

@bscotchshenani - is there a friend limit? BTW thanks for the update! I see that Flop Rocket has been downloaded over 500,000 X on iOS. Congrats!

18. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    As promised, the emergency Flop Rocket patch is now LIVE on iOS. It removes the login requirement for Buttering Up, adds endless mode (for those who have made it to SPAAAAACE), and adds music muting. Probably some other stuff too, IT'S BEEN INSANE OVER HERE AND I CAN'T REMEMBER.

From looking at just the first two hours of purchase data after removing the login requirement, it's even more obvious that we made a TERRIBLE MISTAKE. Oops.

@Anotherkellydown There is a limit of 50 right now. We kept basically all server-side stuff pretty limited (e.g. the game syncs only every 10 minutes) to make sure we'd be able to handle any awesome explosions in useage like the current one. Subject to change later!

As for that friend request thing, I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe next time the game re-downloads friend data it'll resolve itself? If not, I (Adam) will get on it later. We're at GDC right now and have no time to do anything but super-emergency-patches.

Thanks again, all of you, for all your great feedback and support!

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Good luck at GDC, hopefully things don't get too buttery down there :)

20. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks for the endless mode! Glad to see it still has the missions and coins.

I didn't see a separate stat for endless mode distance. Does it just use the same Best Distance stat?