Universal Flop Rocket (by Butterscotch Shenanigans)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #41 Guise, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    My feelings exactly. Butterscotch Shenans are developers worthy of account creation!

Played the game a fair bit last night and it's unsurprisingly awesome. Controlling the ships becomes easier with the first few upgrades and practice. I found setting the ship at a 45 degree angle before launching worked pretty well as a basic controlling method to get some distance, at least.

I'll be sending some requests from this thread but if I miss you, feel free to add me. My bsID is Guise.

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    They had me at Shenanigans! This game is pretty cool. I'll prob butter up, as there's so much more to this game. Check out Roid Rampage too. There's 2 other titles and I think having a login and all 4 games unlocks stuff for other games. Like having the towel game unlocks a ship in Rood Rampage, and owning this one unlocks a playable character. BS, u guys rock!

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #43 macplash, Feb 26, 2015
    Qwertz555 yeah, but rbates is currently dominating the leaderboards in longest run by 200 meters, but wait until I start using juice;) so far I'm just collecting juice and upgrading my rocket, not buying any consumable power-ups.. There's still one more upgrade needed to max out all of them. I've got almost 400 pieces of juice, I can't wait to start using it.. I can't even imagine the possibilities with 8 armors or e.g. worm food equipped;)

EDIT: my last attempt: 2100, still no consumable power-ups, 3 black holes in one run, LOL! Am I lucky or what?;) I just love this game.

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    One suggestion/request for this and other BS games: audio options where the music can be muted while the sound effects remain. Please consider, BScotch!

5. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I admit I used a bit of juice on that run. Escape pod is awesome. ;)

BS, great job on another solid game. Besides the initial experience it has been awesome. The controls are a lot of fun once you get used to them, and I love the mission system with the limited attempts.

Edit: btw I had a question about the black holes. Sometimes they skip past a fueling station and there isn't a way for me to get to the next one in time. Is this intentional? I now avoid black holes unless I just refueled.

6. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    @rbates regarding Black Holes - YEP. They're meant to be an on-the-fly risk calculation. The vast majority of the time they're beneficial, but if you're struggling to reach a fuel pod hopping into one isn't the best of ideas.

Have y'all used the BOOM BOOM yet?

7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#47 Anotherkellydown, Feb 26, 2015
    I used the BOOM BOOM! :D

Like macsplash, I'm mostly just upgrading my ship and saving my juice for later. Loving this game. The tilt wheel works exceptionally well!

Thanks to you guys who added me, I'll be going through the thread and adding some others too.

If you see this and want to add me, my name is the same as my TA name.

8. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Fun game even I suck at it. Duke11 if any wants to add

9. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I did in the beginning just to see what does it do exactly, but I'm pretty sure I'll use it more when it's fully upgraded. I'm curious about the distance it could make in that short period of time. We'll see if it's worth those 8 juices per run;)

10. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I sent out invites to everyone who's out up their IDs. I'm Chieftain in-game

11. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    great news, lonnie is my flop rocket buddy ;)!

12. Tass

Tass New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Fun game so far!

My ID is Tass if anyone want to add me.

13. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I have a question about the Thrust and Agility research. Does it basically make the controls more sensitive? I haven't upgraded because I like the feel of the ship as is and it doesn't look like there is a way to downgrade.

14. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I made it out. :)

I spent juice on 5 armor and an escape pod in that run. The escape pod saved my bacon in the last 100 meters. 83 heroes lost before making it out. Great game!

15. Thrak

Thrak Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Enjoying this, although I'm terrible at it so far. Tried to catch everyone's BScotch IDs. Feel free to add me: Thrak

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #56 Qwertz555, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Yep, feel the same. I have Agility on 3 and Thrust on 5, and i won't upgrade them further. I would even go back to 4 on Thrust, if i could.
    Maybe it will be needed later on, but i'll decide then.

Edit: I hardly ever go back to play "old" games, but i have to play Roid Rampage to get the extra fuel (Big ol' Tank), at least.

17. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Hmm it would be nice if there was a way to downgrade the research then.

I should try Roid Rampage. This is making me want to break out Quadropus too.

18. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Great game. All your games are great and can't wait for more:

My ID is - ramon.fletcher

Add me in your butterscotch account #

19. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    This is an awesome game! I've been having a hard time putting it down :)

OT question- Are you guys gonna update Freeway Mutant for iOS 8? It crashes every time I try to open it :/

20. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    So far we have no plans to update Freeway Mutant. BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE WILL HOLD?