Universal Flop Rocket (by Butterscotch Shenanigans)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 26, 2015.

1. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    #261 poppichicken, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    :):):)
    LOL no! What I meant was my previous best distance was 2900m (which happened yesterday). Then during *this* run I got to 4600m in the rocket but ran out of armour. I did the last 400m in the escape pod. There were a couple of really close calls, where I was very thankful for the pod's diminutive stature! :)

2. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali

Muhahahahahahaaaa

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Why you sneaky little.. *mumbles angrily under breath*

4. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada

Lol.

Actually, longest distance in the escape pod would be a fun leaderboard to have.

5. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Shortly after I posted that reply, I flew a bit over 1000m in the escape pod! :cool:

Didn't escape from the cave though...

6. Anotherkellydown

@BShenani - are you guys thinking about allowing more friends? I've reached my "friend cap" but there are more people I'd like to add.

Thanks!

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Just noticed that you can see 'outside' of the cave at the very top of the screen, because it's not cropped right or something. I'm on an iPad air.

8. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Just gettin into this game and love it!

Small-ish note to the devs: low battery warnings are pretty deadly right now. Very hard to press OK and then move your hands back to the game without taking a few hits. Would be nice if it had the same 3 sec counter as pausing

9. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #269 Intendro, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    I'm going to reach space this time...! Unless something goes horribly wrong *misses pause button* like my escape pod thrusting slightly off the fuel refill spot and crashing.
    #

Speaking of the escape pod, its later upgrades upgrade its thrust in addition to fuel. Too much thrust for me.

...I made it to space! #

10. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Love for Sam

Hey, everyone! Adam from Butterscotch here.

This may be inappropriately off-topic, but you all show a lot of love for us and our studio so I figured I'd risk it (this is posted verbatim in our other game threads). We're a three-brother studio, and one of those three (Sam) has been battling cancer for the past year and a half. He's stuck in the hospital right now after a rough round of chemo and could really use some positive energy. So, if you're willing, send him some positivity through the Vibe Wall.

Thank you all for being great, and my apologies for derailing the thread!

11. Anotherkellydown

Positivity sent. So glad you posted this, Adam. Thinking about and praying for Sam.

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Same here. Keeping you in my thoughts.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've bought the butterup today and it's great! I hope Crashlands is as enjoyable as it looks. The other Butterscotch games available at the moment are not my cup of tea, but Flop Rocket is :D

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The more I've played this game the more I love it. I've rage quit over that left sided scroll wheel. But I've stuck with it and honestly it's ingenious now. I can weave and bob and shoot through opening. The more I upgrade the ship the better the control scheme shines. I'm very happy I downloaded all of the BS games and have buttered them all up. I'm playing each one of their games now and I see why they are so successful. This really is a great game.

What I love also is the fact that as you upgrade the ship, it's design visually changes. It's really cool.

Billy

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What does the quantum electrodongle do?