Universal Flipping Legend (by Hiding Spot Games and Noodlecake)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Jun 14, 2017.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry, what do you mean by "max combo"? The combo seem to go into the hundreds.

2. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

It's tied to kill streak - the skull number at the top left of the screen during a run. Killing multiple enemies in a row increases the points you gain by up to 5 points cap (for hitting 5 enemies in a row without missing one) but here's a more thorough explanation:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=4021211&postcount=30

3. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Nice, I'm not sure if you're poking fun at me or not. What I'm trying figure out is how can there be a "max combo" when the combo number doesn't max out. I watched Carter get over a hundred on the combo number. Do you mean, starting at a combo of 5 you will get 5 extra xp for each additional kill until you break the combo?

4. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

No no, I'm not poking fun. That link is to a similar question asked by another player where I went into more detail about the mechanics of the kill streak.

Combo is the extra points that you get for each enemy, and is based on kill streak but capped at 5 so that the scores don't get out of control. Here's a breakdown of how kill streak and combo are related:
    kill streak (combo)
    1 (1)
    2 (2)
    3 (3)
    4 (4)
    5 (5)
    6 (5)
    7 (5)
    etc...

The simplest way to see your combo is by watching the white/blue numbers flying out of enemies. Those are the points/XP you're getting from each. In each new environment enemies are worth more points/XP, so zombies would be worth 2-6 points based on the combo as apposed to 1-5.

5. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I am the "other player" whose question you were answering. That is way I made the poking fun comment.

That's what I was trying to say, so at this point we're just using different words to say the same thing. lol I think I got it now. And I never even noticed the numbers coming from the enemies. Sometimes I'm not even focusing on any one thing and just kind of watch the whole screen at once.

6. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

Ug, now I feel like a dummy :eek:

Nice, I do that too; sort of get in the zone and take in the whole board at once.

7. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Money is coming in at an okay rate, between starting Ninja (and focusing on the gold upgrades) as well as getting the bonus gold with level 10 archer.

Still, ramping it up slightly would allow me to experiment with re-speccing and upgrading my unlocked characters instead of saving up so much for the unlockable characters. I'm glad it's something you guys are watching closely.

Personal accomplishment: completing the castle on my first run with Ninja (at level 1)!

8. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Ads Change

Hey everyone!

Wanted to give you a heads up on some incoming changes for Flipping Legend. We are always about full transparency with our decisions so I didnt want to spring this on you as if we were trying to be sneaky. The TL;DR is that although downloads have been great, we might have been a bit too generous on the ad integration by only have opt in. After looking at the data, over 2/3rd of players were not opting in to watch any ads, which is a huge hit for potential revenue. Of course this is a business and we want Matt and Thomas to keep making great content and more great games so we worked with them to come up with a solution.

Basically pop up ads will start to show up after the update. Boo I know.

However they will only show up to players who have not watched videos. So every time you choose to watch a video to open a chest, it disables pop up ads for a time period. We felt this was a fair way to get some additional revenue by not punishing those who are actually watching ads. There were so many people who actually thought the game was ad free we knew we might have been a bit too lenient.

Of course if you purchase the Remove Ads iap or have already purchased it, this is a moot point as all ads will be removed forever.

Anyways just wanted to keep you all in the loop and of course thank you guys for playing and digging the game as much as you have!!

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

10. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Haha it's just a minor change. Most people assumed pop ups would happen at some point anyways. If youre watching vids or paid for no ads this wont effect you. Im sure the TA forum faithful will understand...right...?

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

12. NoodleDerek

NoodleDerek Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Male
    Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Booooo! Developers shouldn't get paid!
    Make Flipping Legend great again!

13. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I paid for ad removal on day one and was happy to do so for such a good game. Needless to say, I'm all for the Devs' decision. I hope it pays off.

14. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Thanks! <3 See Eli!

15. JNoodle

JNoodle New Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Thanks bud.

16. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    #96 xx99, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    The change sounds very reasonable to me. I bought the ad-free IAP, but I'd be fine with the changes even if I hadn't.

Gameplay question:
    I keep losing my streak in the graveyard and I can't figure out why. I try to be very careful not to miss the little zombies. Not having the same problem in other zones. Any idea what I'm missing?

Edit: I was going really slow through the graveyard in an effort to isolate the issue. It just happened again and it was very clear I miss any zombies (there weren't any gravestones nearby to obscure the view). Maybe a bug?

17. RedDeath23

RedDeath23 Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I think there may be a new bug since the update regarding ads.

I had purchased the Remove Ads iap previously, but now ads are popping up every once in a while. Just wanted you guys to be aware that's happening.

Very happy with more frequent chests now! Thank you! I am loving this game and telling everybody I know to download it ha ha.

18. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Yea something weird happened with the remove ads iap for those who had it. Already a fix incoming. We are also manually disabling all ads on the backend for the time being. It will be back to normal shortly. Apologies wasnt supposed pop ads for you.

19. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Perhaps youre missing the snakes? Those need to be killed as well.

20. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    That's gotta be it. I didn't realize they were baddies (I thought they were bottles of poison).