Universal Flipping Legend (by Hiding Spot Games and Noodlecake)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Jun 14, 2017.

1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Thanks for the response! Turns out it apparently wasn't a game issue. I tried deleting and reinstalling (iCloud worked great!) but it didn't solve the problem, so I rebooted my iPad and now everything's back to normal.

2. TempleRacer

TempleRacer Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    I liked the mechanic, but got bored of it pretty quickly.

2/5

3. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    #43 Themagicjesus, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Only one quest a day is pretty lame. Games like Punch Quest have quests over and over and over no? Not only that, but I've found two chests while playing, and both times the game crashed as soon as I closed the ad. This is very irritating especially for someone who really is a sucker for skin collecting in games

Edit: Three times in a row now. The fourth time it worked except when I landed on a purple ninja skin it just decided nope and gave me green gold instead. Felt like a greedy slot machine that stops on a jackpot but suddenly just rotates forward after it already stopped.

Edit 2: Think I'm done with the game after a day of playing or so. The lack of objectives plus constant chests only giving XP boost rewards (I'm up to eight XP boosts in a row from chests currently) finally made me delete it. Not obtaining a single skin even though I saw a ton of green ones over and over was pretty much icing on the cake. It feels like the odds are 85% XP booster, 14% gold reward, and 1% skin even though you'd think rarities would have the same odds.

4. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    The one issue with the game is daily missions. They are too easy and the reward is lame. Would be better if there was a constant stream of missions, or a legendary chest each day when you complete one.

5. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I could open chest immediately before

but for now, I need to wait 10 mins intervals...

is this bug or not?

6. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you got really unlucky with both the ads and the chest rolls. The odds are as follows: 40% skin, 30% gold, 30% xp boost. It might make sense for us to fudge those numbers a bit, so that they aren't completely random. Sorry again, and thanks for the feedback.

7. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

The free brown chest in the shop is on a 10 minute cooldown. There was previously a bug with that timer which is what I'm guessing you saw.

8. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    i see

thank you for letting know me!

9. Attention

Attention New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Hi! How or where can I learn about the abilities of the locked characters? I'm wondering what I should be saving my coins for! Thanks. It's a great game.

10. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Anyone have thoughts on the different characters? I started ninja but have now unlocked warlock and was a tad disappointed at how similar they were even in terms of skill tree. Currently saving to get the werewolf but wondering if it'll have more differences?

Great game though really really enjoying it. Once I figured out the combo system it became a lot more fun, realising I had more time to work with.

11. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

It's meant to be a bit of a mystery, but to get you started here are the descriptions of all character special abilities:
    Amazon - Dash forward 5 spaces, destroying any enemies in your path (can be upgraded to 9)
    Archer - Become focused, firing a targeted shot immediately and for 3 moves (can be upgraded to 5)
    Monk - Slow time and pause life bar decay for 5 seconds (can be upgraded to 9)
    Ninja - Teleport attack 2 nearby enemies (can be upgraded to 4, with the final jump throwing 2 targeted shurikens)
    Warlock - Release a wave of gremlins that travels 3 rows (can be upgraded to 8)
    Sumo - Become empowered for 5 seconds, causing attacks to also throw enemies (can be upgraded to 9)
    Werewolf - Flip forward 1 space (can be upgraded to throw claws 2 spaces left and right)
    Wizard - Fire 3 arcane homing missiles (can be upgrade to 5)

12. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Any new content in the works?

13. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

Yep! We've got some really cool stuff planned for a content update in hopefully a few weeks. Stay tuned!

14. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Sounds good!
    ###

15. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

Glad you're enjoying it! There is some overlap in the skill trees, but they are all distinct in various ways. Rest assured though, we have some cool stuff planned that will add even more variety :)

Also, it's not totally obvious but once you've purchased at least 4 new skills for a character (at lvl 5), you'll get a button to re-spec at the bottom left of the shop. This allows you to try different builds for each character.

16. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Really liking the game. Great way to do freemium the right way. Have to say though, this game really needs a druid character. Maybe summons a raven for his backflip. And ohh i dont know, a bear or a wolf for his special that shadows his movement in opposite squares. Not like I have put any thought into it at all ;)

17. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

I've been wanting to add a druid character. Those are some great ideas for abilities!

18. hidingspot2

hidingspot2 Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Thanks so much for all the support people. We tried really hard to make a game where the monetization didn't get in the way of good game mechanics. It's amazing to know that people are having fun playing Flipping Legend and it really validates those design choices.

We'll do our best to get new content into the game as soon as possible.

19. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Lol not sure about the balance. I'll leave that up to the professionals. ;)

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Still playing everyday.
    Honestly I didn't think I would play this game more than a day at the most.
    Everyday I've been playing since release day/
    Hope to see future updates