Universal Flipping Legend (by Hiding Spot Games and Noodlecake)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Dont worry it actually isnt that tough once you start focusing on kills. You can actually take your time more than you think. Plus if you get upgrades like Poison immunity, starting shields and increase the speed at which the ability bar fills, youll be flipping to 50 in no time!

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Def one of the best game this month.
    Can't get enough

3. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I enjoy how much jumping to the other side of the screen is encouraged rather than seeming like a safeguard. You really have to think on your feet here. I haven't played a ton but it's really enjoyable.

4. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I think it's silly that the daily challenge only gives you a brown chest, since they are so easy to come by in the first place. I think a legendary chest would make much more sense. Awesome game otherwise.

5. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    All other games have seemingly been put on hold. I'm not even very good at this but it doesn't matter. Blast of a game!
    I repeat: GOTW.

6. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I detected a small bug: when the app asks for rating and I accept, it doesn't go to the right app store (I am in France)

This game has really a lot to offer. Already more than 26K players in the game center!

7. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

I'm glad you appreciate that, it's a design decision that we thought about a lot!

8. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

Thanks Jean pierre! We have an update on the way that'll fix the rating link.

9. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I feel kind of stupid here but I need more clarification on the combos. Kills in a row without missing isn't clear. What does miss mean? How do you miss? It seems to hold for some time to allow you to jump on empty squares. Is there visible indicator for when your combo is about to end?

10. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

You shouldn't feel stupid, we decided to not make it as obvious in order to not confuse newer players and allow more experienced players a depth and nuance to higher scoring. That being said, the basic idea is that the combo/kill-streak breaks when the enemy passes behind the viewable area.

More specifically, it is the moment that the player character passes the start of the row 2-rows past the enemy. So, consider that you are on the same row as the enemy. Making one jump forward will not break the combo, but making a second jump forward will cause the combo to break the moment the character passes the threshold/edge to the next row. I hope that clarifies things. Good luck!

11. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Yes, thank you. I just unlocked the Amazon. Now to go stir up some ghosts.

By the way, this is a really cool game. Great job finding ways to add depth and for avoiding any Crossy Roads comparisons. I'm also a fan of how you monetized with the ad removal and giving the ad rewards away free. I don't think I've seen that before.

The music is incredible. When I watched the stream with Carter the other day I couldn't be sure if the music was from the game or if Carter was playing some Prog Metal with the stream.

It's a shame you other game is iPad only or I would pick that up too.

I'm keeping my eye on you. I think there will be more great games coming from Hidingspot.

12. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    You must jump on every tile that has an enemy on it. That kills the enemy. Remember to jump backwards whenever necessary.

13. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    #33 shfrost, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    On a side note, the icon for this game is one of the best I've seen. Beautiful color, dynamic artwork. Kudos to the artist.
    IMG_0202.PNG

14. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

Thank you, on behalf of Thomas (The artist). I'll pass on the kind words :)

15. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    A couple of little bugs I've encountered.

1. When you unlock a new skin (for any character) and go straight to the character select screen, it changes the skin for the other characters to a different skin. Example: I am using the all black ninja with face covered. I unlock a skin for the amazon, go to the select screen and my ninja is now wearing the brown pants, no shirt skin.

2. I picked up two chests in game and did not open them right away because I didn't feel like watching ads. When I went to open them they were not available. I still had one of the freebies available but not the ones found in game.

Again, great game!

16. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #36 hvianna, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    I turned on the hi-quality graphics option earlier today and the game was running fine. Now it freezes on the title screen, and the music stops playing after a few seconds.

Any ideas? Can I safely delete and reinstall without losing my progress?

Edit: forgot to mention it, iPad mini 2 running iOS 9.3.2

17. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

If you are signed into iCloud and can see that Flipping Legend is enabled under iCloud->iCloud Drive, you should be safe to uninstall/reinstall and it will restore from the cloud after a few moments, with the settings back to default (medium-quality graphics). Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue and we can try something else.

18. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Yeah, any unlocked skins will be set as the new skin automatically. That means if you've unlocked more than one skin in a set of chests, it will select them for each character. You'll have to go to the character select screen to re-select your favorite. The auto-selection was done as a convenience, but I can see why it might not be ideal if you already have a skin selected that you prefer. I'll look into changing this in the next update.

2. If you do not watch an ad for found-chests at the end of a run, they will not be saved. If you do watch an ad (or if you have remove-ads purchased) they will be available to open at any later time in the character select screen. I hope this clarifies things.

Have fun!

19. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks for getting back to me. I have now purchased the remove ads so the chests won't beca problem anymore. However I don't think I was being clear enough. When I unlock a new skin (lets say for the archer) while I'm playing the ninja it cause the ninjas skin to change. I hope that makes sense.

20. hidingspot

hidingspot Active Member

Oh, that does sound like a bug. I imagine it will still be fixed by the change I mentioned though, simply not changing the currently selected skins when a new one is unlocked. We'll see. Thanks again for the feedback and support!