Universal Flipped Out – The Powerpuff Girls (by Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Qwertz555, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #21 Gwarmaxx, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    hey guys this game is FANTASTIC!!!

weird that so few of us pay attention to it, i already know that sadly also games are all matter of "be trendy" (if no one talk about it, me neither), but this one worth every buck, and maybe more.

2. Lol it took me a really long time to realize that passing monsters between the girls is a big strategy in Sugar mode. I beat the whole game before I realized just how useful that is. So now going back to A+ with that knowledge.

3. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    How many chapters are there?

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Just started playing but anyone notice a weird change in scoring between the first three levels (which I easily got A+s) and the fourth (which I got two Cs on before getting a B)?

Not that I mind difficulty because it seemed too much of a cakewalk for the first three levels. Just seemed odd since I felt I played just as well.

5. #25 AppUnwrapper, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Yeah, you can see in my video I was surprised to get A+ during the tutorial levels and then Bs after. (Edit: Oops! I realized I didn't link my first video. If you want to see it, here ya go:

The goal for A+ does vary throughout the game. Some levels, I guess, are easier to rack up points, so they edit the goals.

To the question above about chapters -- there are four. I managed to so far get A+ on all the levels in the first two chapters. I'm still working on the last two, as things have gotten a lot crazier. Spikes, lasers, spiked monsters...

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Do you have think there is easier to score higher in one particular mode or another? Somehow I sense that you may get a higher score if you stay in puzzle / sugar mode as much as possible to beat a level, perhaps because of higher combos which you may be able to pull off in that mode.

7. #27 AppUnwrapper, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Honestly, I switch a lot. It often seems like I can get a higher score from Spice mode, but I find Sugar mode more satisfying and challenging.

I'm taking a break for now because I've been encountering a lot of bugs that force me to restart a level and it's wearing me down. But I started working on a guide: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2016/04/02/flipped-out-the-powerpuff-girls-match-3-puzzle-fighting-action-game-walkthrough-and-strategy-guide/

I always start in puzzle mode. The game is set up so the first few moves are pretty straightforward. Usually you can just pick up a bunch of pickles before the enemies even show up.

You can also flip to calm down monsters. So if you mess up in puzzle mode and have a lot of enraged monsters, flipping back and forth will help.

8. The spikes and lasers in the third and fourth chapters definitely make it harder to play in Spice mode (at least for me). It's easier to stay away from them in Sugar mode. But some levels are just plain difficult to score high in either mode. Will work on it more after a bit of a break.

9. Btw, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that if you only have one turn left in Sugar mode, it makes sense to switch to Spice. At least if you can't get rid of them all in one move. Then you'll be given enough time to kill all the monsters.

10. I don't know if you'd consider it cheating, but I've been learning to game the system and now have 45 A+. ;)

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I wasn't planning on getting this, but then reading that it was a Grumpyface game, I had to jump on it. I'm syncing my phone right now... I won't be able to play until tomorrow, but I'm so psyched to get into another GF affair. =oD

Every single one of their past games has been fantastic (most of which will NEVER leave my device).

Woooo!!!

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #32 syntheticvoid, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Well, I've only reached stage 7 ATM, but I've replayed a couple stages to get A+ ratings... And a couple more stickers. =oP

I'm gonna be hooked. I prefer the match-3 to the beatemup, just because I'm finding it easier to control. The double tapping mechanic helps, but I still can't seem to click with it just yet. Maybe I'd have an easier time with an iPad or a Phone+... But on my 5, and even on my 6S, it can be a little hectic and hard to tap exactly where I want. I'm sure it'll click eventually... Maybe I'll try and play through world 1 after I beat it in match mode and make myself okay through in only the beatemup mode. If that doesn't work for me I dunno what would.

Anyway... I'm excited to play more. I'm definitely glad I got this... Because of it, I found out my wife loved PPG when she was younger and use to practice drawing by drawing them. =oP
    We're now gonna start to watch the reboot tonight. Kinda excited... =oD

**edit**

Has anyone been able to open the achievements tab?

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Alright, I think I got a bug.

I can't select any more stickers that I earn because the sticker menu keeps snapping back.

I made a video.

It's on a 6S, with iOS 9.3.1

http://sendvid.com/zfxjvhwv

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, it fixed itself after I got more stickers. Now, like you, I've got a bunch of extra space at the end...

Better than not being able to select them. =oP

I'm so hooked...

Just beat the 2nd boss. Beatemup mode has clicked with me... love it.

15. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Wish CN would come with some Akame Ga Kill, Kill La Kill or Parasyte The Maxim games. 3 of their best animes.

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Pretty sure licensing issues would arise, as they aren't 'their' anime shows.

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I finally got GameCenter to load on my phone...

Two achievements aren't unlocking for me. Food Fight (unlock the School Cafeteria) and Just Before Bedtime (defeat 3,000 monsters). Just Before Bedtime showed up while I was playing but is stuck at 99% in GameCenter, and the cafeteria one, no clue... I was having issues connecting to GC when I was first starting to play the game... I don't know if that as anything to do with it or not...

Anyway...

Just reached the last boss. I didn't expect to play through the game so quickly, but I've been hooked. It's the only game I've opened since I got it and play whenever I have a minute or two (mid level saving is a HUGE plus here!!).

The game is spectacular. I really can't recommend it enough. Another Grumpyface MASTERPIECE.

18. Yeah, unfortunately that's a problem with achievements and leaderboards in most games. Even if you get GameCenter working at some point, they don't update with the achievements you completed when it wasn't working. So the only achievements I have are ones that I got while playing on my iPad (GC works on there). Soooo tired of the GC bug. :(