Universal Fliplomacy (By Shobhit Samaria)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by shobhit.samaria, Mar 28, 2018.

1. shobhit.samaria

shobhit.samaria Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Hello All!

It seems it is a season of makeovers and upgrades. Congratulations to TA for the new look and feel. It looks great!

Not wanting to feel left behind, I tried giving a visual upgrade to my app as well. :D:D
    Version 3.0 is out now. It has got more colours now. A bit of retouching and UI tweaks and it is a bit more pleasing to the eye.

[​IMG]

The work is not finished though. I am working on a new version which would have better grid/board visuals as well. It should be out very soon. (Hopefully by start of next week.)

Also, I am planning on a game name change. Something simplistic and maybe more ASO friendly like "State Flip" (or "Flip State").:D
    Feel free to throw about any good ideas that you have. :):)

Cheers and have a happy weekend!

2. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thanks to the super fast app review by Apple, the new version was released on the App Store yesterday itself!

Now the grid/board is also much better looking than before!

[​IMG]

It is quite fun to look at how your game evolves over a period of time. The first pic is where we started from and the last one is what we are at today. Quite a bit of improvement :D:D:D:D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    So, I have managed to update the App to v4.1

The new v4.1 release brings even more visual improvements in terms of a better looking opening screen, cleaner level selection screen and small effects.

The new version also brings translation in Chinese (Simplified).

This is how the game looks now:

Also, I finally managed to get it launched on Android as well!!

If you have an android device or know someone on Android who could be interested in the game, here's the download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samaria.fliplomacy.p

Hope people try it out and if there is any feedback, feel free to reach me at [email protected]!

(Contact me if you require Promo Codes for either of the platforms)

4. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Posting after a long time...

The game is now at version 4.6. It is now also available in Russian language. Also it managed to break into the Top 10 Paid Apps chart in Puzzle & Board categories on the China App Store!

I have been working on new mechanics and puzzle elements including some turn based elements. Still a WIP. Adding a gif with some of these elements which include some moving tiles, tiles with direction of entry/exit controlled, some blocking agents which move after every turn etc.

[​IMG]

Hoping to add puzzles based on these mechanics soon!

5. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    #25 shobhit.samaria, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    ********* Version 5.0 has been released *********

This is quite a huge update where quite a few things have been changed. Instead of having just 5 chapters, the game now has 9 chapters with better division of puzzles according to context of the chapter. From this release onwards, there are 100 puzzles available to the players with 50 more available through an IAP.
    Visual improvements have been made with regards to a better looking level selection screen, cleaner icons, a new App Icon. Also more colors for the characters as well! Every chapter brings new colors!

New puzzles have been added with new mechanics about which I had posted earlier.

Here's how it all looks now:

[​IMG]

Download Links :
    iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1354991735
    Google Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samaria.fliplomacy.p

Complete Release Notes:

- Made the game progression much less gruelling and much more logical and smoother. From the heavy format of having 30 puzzles per chapter, we are now shifting to a more lightweight format with the puzzles being divided into 9 chapters. Every chapter now houses a single context with the tutorial level at the beginning of the chapter.

- Also reduced the number of puzzles from 150 to 100. Selected the best 100 puzzles and put them first for the players. Fewer puzzles and smaller chapters give a better sense of completion. Once players are done with the 100 puzzles and are still craving for more (wow!), they can unlock the rest 50 via an in-app purchase as well. For the existing players, all the puzzles that they had solved will still remain open and available to solve again.

- New puzzles have been added with new mechanics such as sliding tiles, tiles which appear and disappear alternately, tiles which control the entry and exit directions etc. Existing players would also love to go back to the earlier chapters to solve these new exciting puzzles!

- More colors! Each chapter brings a new color and more joy!

- A much vibrant and better looking level selection screen.

- A new Icon for the App!

- Minor visual improvements involving the design of the icons.

- Bug fixes!

6. shobhit.samaria

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Hi! I know its a pretty old thread. But last week, I dusted off a couple of my old projects to see if they still worked with new software versions. And I was glad to know that it still worked and I have released a new version on the App Store and I just wanted to announce it to the TA community! :D

The game has gone through a lot of changes since its launch and here is a small summary of the changes since the first version:

- Major visual improvements & enhancements. Usage of more bright & beautiful colors, UI tweaks, a little bit of redesigning to get a flat and clean look and we have a much better looking game. The experience is much more pleasing to the eye!
    - 150 levels! Better level order & flow to the game. Improved each and every individual puzzle's design to make them better.
    - New puzzles have been added with completely different & unique mechanics.
    - Solutions have also been added so that players don't get stuck.
    - Addition of a Color Blind Mode so that the game is accessible to all.
    - Added 4 different themes for players to unlock.
    - A star rating system and a chapter based progression system added to make the game more interesting.
    - Added translations into several languages including Chinese (Simplified/Traditional), French, German, Italian, Russian and many more.
    - Added vibration feedback.

Links to download :
    iOS : https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fliplomacy/id1354991735
    Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samaria.fliplomacy.p

Thanks for reading!

vectorarchitekt likes this.