iPad Flip

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by greyscot, Jan 12, 2009.

1. greyscot

greyscot Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
  2. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
  3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It looks interesting indeed.

The standard mode is a matching color game and I can't tell if it has a colorblind mode.

The tilt seems to be the main attraction here (from game web site):

A video may help but I could not find one.

Who's going to pull the trigger? :D

4. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Certainly looks interesting.... but I dunno.

Somebody try it ;)

5. greyscot

greyscot Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    The developer (eBattalion) has certainly done nice professional work on the website to describe the game ( http://ebattalion.com/flip/ ), but we need a video, especially at this price point.

... or we need someone, not as cheap as I am, to take a chance and post impressions.

We wait impatently.

6. greyscot

greyscot Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Here are my early impressions

I caved in and bought FLIP.

It is OK, but not impressed as yet.

$4.99 is way too expensive, and I am finding the controls clunky and the game pretty bland. I wish I could re-wind the last hour and put my $4.99 in to other a couple of other games that I have on my Hot List.
    (Reminder to self: don't buy based only on the description of the game!)

Would appreciate hearing others, because I have not yet found the 'fun factor' that I want out of any game.

7. Dexter

Dexter New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    #7 Dexter, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
    I downloaded this game too. I think the control is very different so you have to play it for a while but when you get used to it really works.

The flipping thing is very cool imo, especially in the puzzle and speed game modes. The puzzles are very cool and apparently there is like 200 of them.

The price is relatively high but I am through downloading 99 cents apps, they all suck. 5 dollars isn't really alot for a videogame with so many games just seems that way when there are so many crappy 99 cents ones. Still trying it out though, will post later again.

8. Dexter

Dexter New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    The puzzles get rather difficult, but I find the standard mode very addictive for some reason. Still I do like the puzzles, other people have gotten involved in helping me solve them.

9. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #9 BrettArchibald, Jan 13, 2009
    There is a video-link on the website you gave us the URL for... Scroll down to the bottom of that page.

Anyway, it reminds me of Jelly Blocks — but Jelly Blocks isn't as "tiring" to work with, as it uses a 4-way button system, rather than continually flipping the device around and around and around...

And Jelly Blocks is only 99c anyway AND there's a free lite version to try out beforehand...

10. Dexter

Dexter New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I don't think its anything like Jelly Blocks. Why have a fake d-pad when you can use motion? It's actually not tiring at all since its more puzzle oriented than just mindless flipping.

Anyway, you liking the game greyscot or still bummed out?

11. Linkish

Linkish Member

Jan 13, 2009
    #11 Linkish, Jan 13, 2009
    After reading this forum, I also caved in and bought it. I'm surprised you dislike this game Greyscot, because it's somewhat addictive. I disagree with the clunky controls, but I do admit they are weird at first. It kinda reminds me of the my first time playing the Wii, at first it was weird because I wasn't use to it, but now I'm in love with it. I think you'll get use to it once you play it some more. I dislike the speed mode though, I think it's too hard for me, my brain can't process stuff that fast. I'll stick to the standard mode and puzzle mode for now. The $4.99 price hurted a bit, but then I forgot about it after awhile lol. I hope they reduce the price, so my cousins can download it and we can compete. One thing I really enjoy is the online stuff, I went online and saw my scores and got really excited (yeah I'm a nerd, sue me). Overall I give it a 4 out of a 5 and that's because my brain can't keep up with the speed mode.

12. greyscot

greyscot Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Changing my opinion

Changing my mind!

Reading Lickish, I once again gave it a try and I am liking it much more, especially the puzzle mode. Once you get used to the flipping (which is could be smoother), it is a lot of fun. So far, the puzzle levels have been well designed.

The standard mode still seems bland and kinda easy to me, but I am going to keep trying.

This game shows that the developer has alot of promise. Knowing the challenge and work it takes to produce a quality game, I would still suggest a lower price point may generate the sales they deserve.

13. greyscot

greyscot Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Price Drop

FLIP price drop to $2.99 .... that didn't take long (if I had only waited!!)

Oh, the power of the marketplace! Buying apps on iTunes often feels like buying shares on the stock market with prices going up and down and the rest of us trying to predict our best purchase point! ... and often we predict poorly.