iPad Flight Sim Games list

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DHrox, Mar 15, 2009.

1. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    After investing time well spent with Chopper, I have decided to create a thread soley to a recommended flight sim list. To start us off;

I recommend:
    Chopper

2. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Flying aces

3. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    X-planes 9
    X-planes Airliner
    X-planes Extreme

Sully's flight

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member

5. Howard

Howard Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I agree, all the X-Plane products are top!

6. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    X-Plane apps rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Moggy_Lloyd

Moggy_Lloyd Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Web manager
    London
    I've looked at the X Plane apps before but I've been put off so far, not by the cost but by fear of them being too complex for me. Could someone tell me if they are reasonbly easy to use? Are there loads of dials, measurements and settings to worry about in your aircraft or are the apps quite simple to get into? The one I'm most interested in is the airliner app.

Thanks!

8. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Regular X-Plane is the best. Airliner is more complicated. By that I mean challenging.

9. Moggy_Lloyd

Moggy_Lloyd Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Web manager
    London
    I don't have a problem at all with challenging, I'm just cautious of something which is overly complicated. Is it an enjoyable experience or do you have 50 things going on at once that make it more like work than play? Am I going to need some sort of advanced aviation degree just to be able to take off and land a plane? I'm thinking of the old Flight Sim game on PC which was just too difficult.

10. Parrappa

Parrappa Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I'm a 15 year old kid with no experience with flight sims or anything of the sort, but I have a slight interest in flight sims so I decided to get X-plane. It's not hard to use at all, I don't even understand what most of the things mean but I can fly the planes and almost land, still haven't gotten them down ;) Anyway, if I can do it, you can do it.

11. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    the X-plane series arnt that bad........

12. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I'll tell ye what.

I have all the X-Plane Apps, meaning X-Plane: Original, X-Plane: Airliner, X-Plane: Helicopter, X-Plane: EXTREME and X-Plane: RACING. (Don't have Sully's Voyage because I'm too lazy to hit 'Purchase'... :rolleyes:)

Anyways, all these are great. If you don't want to spend the $50.00 for all of them I suggest you go with X-Plane RACING and X-Plane: EXTREME. All of the above have Wi-Fi, but these two are the only ones with other planes when you are not on Wi-Fi. X-Plane: EXTREME is fun to mess around with and try the awesome maneuvers only available via Jets, and X-Plane: Racing is fun because you can RACE Jets. Let me repeat that. RACE JETS. It's so awesome when you zoom out and see your F-16 flying neck and neck with the opponent, after burners at maximum power!

If you want more than just those, go in this order: X-Plane: Airliner, X-Plane: Original and last but obviously least, X-Plane: Helicopter (sucks! :p)

I haven't tried Sully's Voyage or whatever but will buy it soon!