Flight Doodle Finals! Vote for a chance to win a $10 itunes GC! (Ends 1pm 10/21)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Neal_O, Oct 12, 2010.

?

Vote for your Favorite Contest Submission!!

Poll closed Oct 22, 2010.
  1. [B]Goimot's[/B] Stitched up Skull

8.7%
  2. [B]Runformoney1110's[/B] Creeper

10.3%
  3. [B]Unknownalias11's[/B] Ninja

16.7%
  4. [B]Songbird's[/B] Spectacle Wearer

69.8%
  5. [B]JcMan7's[/B] Nightmare before Christmas

8.7%
  1. iamryanhello

iamryanhello Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    guys please vote for mine by retweeting my finalist drawing... i'm finalist #4
    http://twitter.com/flightdoodle

i was actually hoping to win this for my girlfriend since i haven't seen her in forever (long distance relationship :/ ) and she's visiting me next month. I figured it would be great, I don't need an ipod since i obviously have the opportunity to play already. It just doesn't seem like its possible to win unless i spam to others or had used a pic to just upload. I assure you though i put a lot of time and effort into all of my submissions if you ever check the ones i did.
    Anyways, I would appreciate any help on this if you truly feel I deserve it, be unbiased and think of the work that was actually involved in making the submission.

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yup I already RTed it! I like yours the best from the twitter entries

3. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    I would really appreciate if u could vote for my niece on twitter:

"Finalist #3 for the Costume Balloon Contest: @anndreilla Check out her balloon: http://ow.ly/2VTU8 RT this link to vote to her!"

Thanks.

4. Neal_O

Neal_O Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Finalist voting winners

Hey's everybody doing?

Here are the gift card winners for first day of finals voting :)

Toucharcade- LordGek

Twitter- @GKCHN

Facebook- Robert Zeller

The races are heating up folks! We still have more gift cards to give away, so be sure to vote on all three platforms. You can vote for more than one entry too :)

5. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'll vote for Songbird. Seems like the popular thing to do.

Vote for @joeljayjulian on Twitter!

6. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    isn't it kinda unfair that songbird's and Jcman7's were both not drawn by themselves?

7. My favourite is Songbird. It is very... hmm... good...
    I voted for @joeljayjulian on Twitter xD

8. Neal_O

Neal_O Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    The app does allow you upload photos to your creations and it was stated earlier in the thread, that all participants had the same opportunity to do so. It was also mentioned that popularity would play a role in choosing the finalists, and their submissions happened to have numerous votes during the first stage which may be why the developers chose them.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Wow, didn't even know voting entered me into a drawing, what a cool surprise!

10. iamryanhello

Nov 12, 2009
    yeah but if you don't actually draw the picture you turn in how is that even fair, some people actually put effort into it and drew what they uploaded...it really makes no sense. I could have easily just stole someone's drawing and uploaded it and it would be popular but I realize that isn't fair and its not legal (so hopefully the original creator of the drawing doesn't see your app that someone used a possibly copyrighted image) I can actually say i spent a good half hour or so actually drawing and putting effort into each of my entries. Only reason it could be popular is because it wasn't actually made with program and probably made by someone that actually can draw. I guess I kind of expected better judgment and thought made into who would be a finalist. It also teaches you to take shortcuts and cheat to get ahead, I suppose I'll keep that in mind. Sorry to all the ones that actually drew their drawing or used the program, you are the ones that deserve to win.

11. jwcasser

jwcasser Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Haven't voted on Facebook yet? Choose Iron Man!

12. Neal_O

Neal_O Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    #272 Neal_O, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    I understand where you're coming from, but as mentioned earlier everyone had the same opportunities and simply because an image was uploaded, doesn't mean it will automatically be the most popular. After reading this thread it seems that it's so popular because of the amount of people he asked to vote for it.

Again my apologies.

13. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    +1 to that

14. jwcasser

jwcasser Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Seconded

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I was involved in a similar contest where it was based soley on likes from facebook. I spent tons of hours on my entries but of course others had more friends and people to vote. I complained as well because I thought it was unfair but the purpose of this contest is the popular vote so you need to get tons of people to vote for you. We may not think it's fair but that is how the contest is running. Am I surprised the balloon I uploaded a picture for got picked? No because many of you voted for it in the first round the same for songbirds. So you only have yourselves to blame. It's not impossible to win just try to get people to vote for you like songbird did. Good luck everyone

16. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Neal_O, just curious, when will GCs be distributed for daily vote winners?

17. Alex Graal

Alex Graal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    N/A
    U.S.A.
    Love the Ninja :)

18. Neal_O

Neal_O Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    We've usually been providing them same day, but yet again Apple is giving us a hard time with number of gift cards we have been purchasing. Sorry for the delay we are working on it and the GC winners will receive them as soon as we do :)

19. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Thanks for the update. :)

20. iamryanhello

Nov 12, 2009
    #280 iamryanhello, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    I'm just going to give my two cents about this..to avoid this cheating and unfair use and spamming, I certainly suggest having unbiased voting decided on either by a panel or by the developers themselves. I'm sorry the credibility of the execution of this contest was lost completely when fairness went out the window providing room for those that just want to steal and use someone else's creation. Yes, it was open to me to do this too but I didn't want to figuring people would be rewarded for actually trying and using the in-app brushes. Hope things will be learned next time anyone decides to do something like this.