Flick Fishing: Quest Mode Guide/Walkthrough

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by synthemesc, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Crossbones jr.

Dec 27, 2008
  2. Crossbones jr.

Dec 27, 2008
    #82 Crossbones jr., Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
    Ok now I really need help how can I catch 2 600 pound swords I'm using squid and I'm casting 180-210ft and all I catch is sailfish:confused:

Edit I finished this part with a 953 pound sword-my personal best[​IMG]

3. Crossbones jr.

Dec 27, 2008
    Flick fishing guide

Hello this is my first thread i did not copy this and i made this because i was having trouble with quest mode so enjoy.

1. 2 roach at the old pond-maggots
    2. 2 catfish at the old pond-worms or baitfish
    3.treasure chest at the old pond or lake shiny
    4. 2 carp at lake shiny or the river- use luncheon meat
    5. old pond big catch trophy
    6. 2 pike by the river or at lake shiny- use lure, bait fish, or spinner at the river throw to 75 feet.
    7.2 dogfish at breakwater- sand eels
    8. 2 paice at breakwater- ragworm
    9. 2 rainbow trout down by the river or lake shiny- spinner or lure
    10. 3 flounder at breakwater- lure around 70 feet or farther and rell not to fast but not slow
    11. 2 bream 8 pounds or more at lake shiny or the riverlure or meat
    12. the river big fish tourney NOTE: use bait fish and cast just in the middle at 75 feet the power up is oil for your line to make it stronger
    13. 2 yellow fins 160 pounds or more at blue deeps or waves of doom with a ragworm short like 150 or less
    14. 3 large mouth bass lake shiny or at the river use spinners
    15. 2 bonitas at blue deeps or at waves of doom bait fish or squid short
    16. 2 brown trout at shinny night using meat.
    17. seaweed at any sea fishing spot any bait
    18. 2 sails 200 or more blue deep or waves of doom use ragworm at blue and lure at doom
    19. 4 mullet at breakwater us lure, bait, or ragworm
    20. 2 blues 500 or more at blue go to x-treme and use lure, squid, or ragworm
    21.2 red snapper at breakwater and use lure or bait for lure reel slow
    22. 2 wahoo 180 or more use lure or ragworm at blue deeps
    23. 2 swordfish 600 or more waves of doom use squid and cast 125-150
    24. sea bass at breakwater or other deep location but dont cast far and use ragworm.
    25. x-treme waves of doom big fish tourney us squid and cast 125-150 or use lure and cast to 190-210

BOSS fish

--old mog the giant cat fish ranges 50 and higher use bait fish at the old pound and he will come in easy.
    -- fat bob the great bass of lake shiny use a spinner or lure mine was 105 pounds but they get bigger he puts up a little bit of a fight.
    -- gums the monster pike at the old river use a lure or a bait fish
    he will be big but be patient and let him controll you first then reel slow.
    -- Big Red the monster red snapper of breakwater use bait fish or a lure and reel slow with the lure he will be 158 pounds or more.
    -- hank the marlin of the deep blue use the lure and cast far this one will take time just reel SLOW! i have not caught hank yet i just used info from a friend
    -- smiling inigo the swordie of waves of doom use squid thats all i have to say for that
    -- carpo marx the carp of night shiny use the meat thats all i have to say

please comment and give my suggestions enjoy and thankyou.

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Very nice... Thanks! :D

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Umm, how did this get moved into the Apps section?? This is strange. I don't know who is doing this, but its one of the mods.

6. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    You can tell flick fishing is one spot away from being out of the top 25.. Dead threads are suddenly re-jolted to life by new accounts :rolleyes:

7. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yea it is wrong section, But I know this was made earlier so I'm sure one of the mods is just merging the 2 threads, Dang newbs don't know how to search :p

8. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Interesting theory, Which game are you here to promote?... :rolleyes:

9. Crossbones jr.

Dec 27, 2008
    i no i made that post but i still cant tell if ive got a monster on

10. fizzy

fizzy New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Help! I've read this whole thread a few times and tried everything I could..

I'm trying to catch 2x500lb marlin..

hell I haven't seen a marlin in a long time! I get only sail/other fail fish...

Used every type of bait for 10+ 210ft casts and haven't had one yet..

In extreem mode, but doesn't seem to matter HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

11. fizzy

fizzy New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    #91 fizzy, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    EDIT: what do I use to catch bigger fish in waves of doom?

12. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Lure + long cast (210ft) to catch large Marlin in Waves of Doom or Blue Deeps.

13. Crossbones jr.

Dec 27, 2008
    Ok go to blue deeps or waves of doom and use a bait fish for 20plus tries then try a ragworm then go to the next location and repeat untill u catch a big blue and do all of this on x-trend

14. calibre97

calibre97 New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Big Catch tourny waves of doom

I simply cannot win the Big Catch tourny on Waves of Doom. CPU gets at least one if not 2 600+lb swordfish and even on the 5 minute option, I cannot land one. I get to the quackophone but I can't seem to change rods (figure the green one for bigger fish would help).

Any suggestions/help with changing rods so I have a snowball's chance on this tourny?

Bones, I've also caught all but Inigo, Marlin and Carpo. Hope someone posts a reply soon.

15. calibre97

calibre97 New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Tourny cheating by CPU

I've mentioned this over at Freeverse Forums as well. In Big Catch tournys, it is simply cheating for the CPU to be able to continue to reel in fish after time has expired. I understand being able to complete whatever cast you're on (an improvement from previous version of game I hear), and it'd be OK if the CPU could only complete its last cast, but time and time again while I'm fighting some beasty to try to catch up, I see the CPU's weight total go up several times after time has expired. That means multiple casts after time has expired. With how long it takes to land big swordfish off Waves of Doom, it's simply not fair to be given one cast to finish while the CPU is able to cast again and again. I get that it's a challenge to finish the tournament, but come on!

16. smiffsoft

smiffsoft Member

Jan 5, 2009
    code monkey
    uk
    I love this game. It's occupied me for many hours. Great stuff. Just wanted to share that with you all :)

17. Wax

Wax New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I updated to the latest version of flick fishing that says you can use more rods and more fish however I don't have either function. I have the golden lure and stronger line though can anyone help?

18. smiffsoft

smiffsoft Member

Jan 5, 2009
    code monkey
    uk
    Why is it cheating? It took me almost 10 mins to reel in a huge swordfish and i was in a 3 min game, so if we can continue after the hooter then the CPU should be able to too. Just keep trying, you'll eventually win. Sometimes the CPU catches a >1000lb monster, however sometimes it catches nothing, it's just a matter of time and luck.

19. Yes I thought it was strange seeing this in the app section today. Moving to Games section now where it belongs ;)

20. dgfoxstar

dgfoxstar New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    i need help with step #20

wat bait should i use