Flick Fishing: Quest Mode Guide/Walkthrough

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by synthemesc, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Lildilly767

Lildilly767 New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Help!!!!

That old man in the light house said " some of the biggest fish in the river are acually in the middle of the river, so dont always cast ao far" and i do not know what im suposed to do can anyone help me?!?!?!? This game is addicting and im stuck:(

2. MasonFried123

MasonFried123 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I asked that earlier in the forums... You have to beat the riverside big fish tournament against the CPU on normal
    Your welcome! Lol

3. genxrev@mac.com

[email protected] New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Seaweed help...

I have caught seaweed before, and now I cannot. I KNOW it's in the sea, thanks to our new buddy at the Aquarium, but i want to know what to use adn how far to cast it. And should I be standing on one leg chanting Mayan fishing chants....

Thanks,
    Mark

4. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    Rod colors?

How do I get a different colo rod?

....besides your moms lipstick lololololol

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Ohh, yes haha.

Not. I'm about sick of perverted comments.

6. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    chill dude it was a joke. I admit not a good one but at least it was an attempt. Now for my question as I state again: "How can I get a different color rod?"

7. charlymc

charlymc Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Stuck...pls help

Hello, I'm stuck in Quest Mode. I can't get past the Old Pond Big Catch tourney. I've won the tournament in Normal and Xtreme mode and the old man still keeps saying "Still haven't won that Old Pond Big Catch trophy blah blah blah". What's the deal? If I'm playing in Quest Mode and he tells me to win a tournament, do I have to exit out to the main screen and go to "New Game>Big Catch Tournament" or should it make the tournament available to play within the quest mode?
    Thx for the help

8. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Extreme mode gets you the red one. And something involving old pond. Zwilnik wont give me anymore info.

9. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    Ughh help!

UGH! Im at the last step of the quest and I won the Waves of Doom Big Fish Tournement ON Normal mode! I won with a 700+ lbs. Swordfish. However, when I go to my album/aquarium and view my trophies, the trophy that is above the CARP was the wavers of doom trophy! And above the Swordfish was the Riverside big fish tournement trophy! Im very confused. Will this mean I cant finish the quest? Because the old man sais I need to get a swordfish and the wavers of doom tournement...which I have. Anyone have a similar problem?

10. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

There are 12 trophies, 12 leaderboards and 27 fish, so they're not meant to line up in the album.

For the quest item you're on, you have to win the Waves of Doom Big Fish tournament on eXtreme mode (not normal). It doesn't matter if you've won it before, he's only impressed if you do something after he asks you :)

The OGITL suggests Swordfish as they're the biggest fish you can normally catch.

11. charlymc

charlymc Member

Dec 7, 2008
    So I re-Won the old pond big catch tournament. I even caught old mog but still the old man tells me I haven't won the trophy even though it's sitting in my photo album. WTF? Can anyone help me out so I can proceed in this game? Thanks....

12. Zwilnik

Did you win it in normal, not eXtreme mode? You have to win the normal one.

13. charlymc

charlymc Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Actually I've won both with no luck. When he tells you to win the tournament do you have to exit out to the main screen to play the tournament? How did u get passed this? There's still odd goings on at thx old pond :)

14. Zwilnik

You have to exit back through the main menu to get to the tournament (otherwise you just go fishing), Select New Game, Big Catch, VS CPU and select the Old Pond, making sure it's not in eXtreme mode. Then win :)

15. charlymc

charlymc Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Ok I'm gonna delete the game re-download and try again. Maybe I have a bug. I'm on the updated mode. One more question: is there a different trophy? The one I won is "old pond tiddlers"? Thanks again

16. charlymc

charlymc Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Also is there a min time limit on the tournament? I've just done 3m every time

17. Zwilnik

No, you can win at 3,5 or 10 mins. You've also got an option to reset the quest so you don't lose your current fish scores.

18. charlymc

charlymc Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Aaarrrr trophy! Thanks I finished it tonight. FYI I was able to complete the last tourney on normal and still receive the good luck charm

19. Crossbones jr.

Dec 27, 2008
    This thread has helped a lot but I'm stuck on the 600 pound swordfish 1 how can I tell if I've got a sword on the line

20. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    You can't except for the brief moment when the fish jumps out of the water.
    This doesn't always happen though.