Flick Fishing: Quest Mode Guide/Walkthrough

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by synthemesc, Dec 1, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Still, any tips to keep the line from snapping?

2. synthemesc

synthemesc Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008

3. synthemesc

Nov 23, 2008
    to catch the Smiling Inigo.. try letting go of the reel on and off until it reaches 700-800 feet. then reel in slowly... do not hurry to catch the fish, let the fish play with you until the strength is decreasing.. sometimes i reel in slowly and let it go again to make the fish get tired quicker. when the fish strength bar reaches around in the middle, try and reel in slowly as possible - let go of the reel quickly if it reaches to the max for the line's strength, then hold the reel. wait until the fish stops fighting... reel in slowly... repeat this process - but be warned - when you go 200 feet or less, sometimes the fish will go crazy.. i had to let it go again and went back around to 450 feet (sigh) but the fish's strength was low so i could reel it back in easily than before.

i also have the powerups (line strength and golden lure charm) and this probably increases the chance of catching any monster fish. i haven't seen anyone here posting about their accomplishment for catching Smiling Inigo so i wish you lots of luck :)

4. brewstermax

I suppose that those are for any fish, though? I'm needing a pair of 600lb. Swordfish.

5. synthemesc

Nov 23, 2008
    use the Squid and cast to 210 feet... that's about it. if you see either Sailfish or Blue Marlin jumping out of the water, try and snap the line on purpose because there is no point of catching them :)

6. brewstermax

Is anybody else an absolute master at casting maximum? Nobody else seems to be able to consistently cast 30, 60, 120, or 210 ft. on the individual levels every single time.

Not to gloat or anything. :D

7. MasonFried123

MasonFried123 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    How do you catch a gums!

I'm at the riverside tournament but can't seem to win because I can't find a gums...any suggesstions?

8. brewstermax

Zwilnik, if you're around, why are sea bass so strong. I've had to let the line 500ft. +, to have a sea bass come up. Also why are the record breakers on Extreme, not showing up in the photo gallery?

9. brewstermax

Carp...

10. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    Where can I find larg fish in riverside

I can't seem to win the riverside big fish tournament...plz help

11. brewstermax

Cast at 75 ft. and use bait fish. If you're halfway competent, you should be able to reel in at least 7 pike.

12. brewstermax

Wow, synthemesc. Usually all the new members are incompetent and useless and leave after extensive bullying and stupid comments, but you may be a keeper, with the great guide and everything. You should be a welcome Senior Member when your time comes.

13. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    I can't cast differently!

Am I the only one who can't control the lenght of the cast? In the old pond it's always 25, deep blue 105 and riverside 45 etc... Any1 else have this problem!

14. Hippieman

Hippieman Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Senior Producer, Designer
    San Francisco
    Mason,

It's not about brute strength, but a fluid motion. You only have to move the phone about 6 inches. Pull it back toward you, then push it forward at about the same speed. Your cast should take 1 to 2 seconds.

At no point should you need to cast so hard you feel you phone could even possibly fly out of your hand.

15. brewstermax

Yes. It is a motion hard to describe, but completely natural. Working on controlling the distance. I beat all of the missions and have the first 3 boss fish. Please update with more fish..!!!!

16. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    I see what you are saying, but it's not working for but I'm sure I'll figure it out...also, what are boss fish?

17. brewstermax

The named ones. i.e. Old Mog, Fat Bob, Gums, Big Red, etc.

18. Davud1234

Davud1234 New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Monsters

ive completed the whole quest mode (if u need help, don't be afrad to ask) , but i have no clue what bait to use for monsters, someone please help
    i caught the pike monster and the catifsh, but none else.

i just caught a swordfish 1060.11 lbs!!!
    [​IMG]

19. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    Largemouth Bass?

I cant seem to catch the 3 largemouth bass...what lure should I use?

20. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    How do you get a different color rod?