Flick Fishing: Quest Mode Guide/Walkthrough

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by synthemesc, Dec 1, 2008.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    try the place that is called Blue ... something. I actually caught a couple there

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Just commenting to refer back to this thread if I need to.

Looks like a good walkthrough, thanks :)

Time to check out the update :)

3. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

That'd be Blue Deeps, but all the ones that I get are like 300-450. I caught a massive 700lb. Blue Marlin along time ago. And I don't have xTreme mode on Blue Deeps, so yea. The rest of the objectives, except the 600lb. Swordfish, seem easy enough. I suppose that to win the xTreme Waves of Doom, you'd have to catch the monster Swordfish.

4. synthemesc

synthemesc Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Updated the Walkthrough for all locations where to find the fish :p

hope this is helpful for you.

5. brewstermax

Yea. Now, somebody else needs to get on bait... I can do some of it, but I don't know them all.

6. gutting

gutting New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Where did you find it at?

7. gutting

gutting New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I can help with the bait portion....I've added them below.

8. synthemesc

Nov 23, 2008
  9. brewstermax

Thanks. I still can't find a 500 lb. Blue marlin. :(

10. synthemesc

Nov 23, 2008
    try fishing in Extreme mode for Blue Deeps

11. brewstermax

I don't have extreme mode for blue deeps. Idk why, but I don't have breakwater either.

12. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

You unlock extreme mode for each area by winning a tournament against the CPU there.

13. synthemesc

Nov 23, 2008
    i believe if you win every trophy in all 6 locations for Big Catch and Big Fish tournaments, this will unlock the Extreme mode. but i can't say for sure because i won all of the trophies before upgrading to 1.2 version so i already have the Extreme mode on map after i downloaded the new patch.

most of the Blue Marlins in Blue Deeps in Extreme mode are usually 500 to 800lbs, which makes it easier to fish a pair of Blue Marlins to win...

14. MasonFried123

MasonFried123 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    For some reason I can't complete the riverside big fish championship even though I won if like 4 times and I have the trophy but it doesn't say that I've completed step 12... Pls help lol
    Thnx

15. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Make sure you're playing it in normal and not extreme mode.

16. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008
    What step am I on?

Im pretty sure Ive completed the Riverside Big Fish Trophy challenge but when I talk to the old man, this is what he says:

"Some of the bigger fish are actually in the middle of the river, so don't always cast so far."

Yeah, so I'm not sure what step im on...

I think he's talking about riverside...also, whats actually the middle of the river? 45-60?

Help apprecciated! Thanks!

17. brewstermax

Ok. Now I'm on the Swordfish, and figured that it would be easier to just catch a 600 lb. swordfish on extreme. Normally, I'm pretty good at fishing, but do you have any tips to keep the line from breaking? I had to let it out to 800 ft. once, but it suddenly jerked and snapped. Could that have been the monster Swordfish? Or do you have any tips?

18. synthemesc

Nov 23, 2008
    the answer is already at the walkthrough but i guess you didn't read it carefully.. here's a copy and paste:

- the first two trophies (#5. Old Pond Big Catch and #12. Riverside Big Fish) are required to win by playing in Normal mode, not Extreme mode.

19. MasonFried123

Nov 19, 2008

20. synthemesc

Nov 23, 2008

i believe there are no monster fish in Extreme mode - i got all of the monster fish in Normal mode because i never caught one in Extreme mode. believe me, i've played this game a LOT (both Normal and Extreme) so the chances of catching monster fish are easier in Normal mode.