Flick Fishing: Quest Mode Guide/Walkthrough

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by synthemesc, Dec 1, 2008.

1. NeedHelpPls

NeedHelpPls Member

Sep 6, 2010
    What bait do I use to catch a treasure chest?

2. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Any, the 4 non fish items are random catches (although if you find a bait that's least popular with all the fish in the area you've got slightly more chance a treasure chest will get snagged when no fish bite first).

3. NeedHelpPls

NeedHelpPls Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Woot

Caught a 215 Yellowtail Tuna on normal mode with stronger line.

4. NeedHelpPls

NeedHelpPls Member

Sep 6, 2010
    how do i get a 500lbs. marlin and how am i suppose to win the xtreme Deep Blue?

5. NeedHelpPls

NeedHelpPls Member

Sep 6, 2010
    #205 NeedHelpPls, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    Use a lure and cast max and reel in really slow until it bites.

6. NeedHelpPls

NeedHelpPls Member

Sep 6, 2010
    how can i get my rod a different color? help pls.......

7. NeedHelpPls

NeedHelpPls Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Is the only way to get the golden lure is to win the big fish in waves of doom wen he tells u or anytime? cause i just won it wen he didnt tell me. pls help

8. jdalbroi

jdalbroi New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    change to ragworm

i'm up the catching the 2 plaice after the dogfish.
    it says to use ragworm, how do i change to ragworm ? :|

9. Zwilnik

Tap the Tackle Box tab at the lower right of the screen before you cast and tap the Ragworm bait icon.

10. REMIIIX

REMIIIX New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    #210 REMIIIX, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    i cant throw over 50 feet at the old pond for the boss thing fish..
    any1 got an idea that might help me?

11. Zwilnik

The max cast distance at the Old Pond is 30ft anyway :) The named fish there are generally at the 30ft distance but they'll only bite infrequently, so it's a case of making sure you've got the right bait and keeping fishing.

12. bladecatcher

bladecatcher New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    #212 bladecatcher, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    i have a few questions
    1:how do i participate in the fishing contests
    2:how do i know if im in extreme mode or normal mode
    3:where is the best place to fish for goblets
    4:what is the dead coral for

thanks zwilnik

13. Zwilnik

Bit of a mixed bag there as the questions are split across Flick Fishing and Flick Fishing Free which have different features, but here goes :)

1. Fishing contests are only in Flick Fishing (Flick Fishing Free focuses entirely on catching fish, the quest and collections). Select New Game, Tournament and then pick your opponent (another human on the same iPhone, the CPU or another human over a bluetooth connection).

2. eXtreme mode is only available in Flick Fishing too. When you're on the map, the eXtreme mode button is at the top right of the screen. When you select it you'll only be able to fish in areas where you've beaten the CPU in a tournament.

3.Goblets (along with all the new collectibles) are only in Flick Fishing Free. They're a relatively rare item in most of the freshwater locations.

4. The lump of coral is one of the 4 non fish items that are in Flick Fishing but also in Flick Fishing Free. It's just scenery for your aquarium ;)

14. Ogeidatoe

Ogeidatoe New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Hoff

I just caught Hoff off of Breakwater using Ragworms and i casted just under 120 ft. I think it was right at 116 or 118 ft. good luck.

15. philbo

philbo New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    rods

i have filled the aquarium caught most of the monster fish...now how do i get the color rods please?

16. Zwilnik

They're all hidden in the secret pond. There's a few guides floating around to how to get to it with a quick google ;) (don't want to spoiler stuff here)

17. loshihyen

loshihyen New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I got some questions here:

are there monster fishes in flick fishing free?
    and how about hidden rods, are they only in flick fishing?

thanks

18. Arktar

Arktar Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Quick question, is this usual?:
    I woke up and opened up the Flick Fishing FREE game, and you know how the start of the new day they give out 3-4 doubloons onto your account? Well, it didn't stop at 3-4 for me, it went all the way up to 10,000 doubloons :eek:

19. kolokoy32

kolokoy32 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Follow-up question

Hi Zwilnik... I have the Flick Fishing version...

Regarding your answer in number 3... They are only in Flick Fishing Free.

The "They're a relatively rare item in most of the freshwater locations." - is this also for Flick Fishing Free? Or both Flick Fishing and Flick Fishing Free...

Also, double tapping the lighthouse doesn't work for me. I have watched it in youtube that it will like flash a light around the lighthouse... but it's not working for me. :(

Thanks!!!

20. Zwilnik

Goblets are only in Flick Fishing Free (we're looking at making a collectbles add on pack for FF at some point).

Make sure you have tutorial mode switched off before double tapping the lighthouse. The secret pond is only in Flick Fishing and not Flick Fishing Free.