Universal Flick Fishing (previously Fish!) (by Strange Flavour)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zwilnik, Mar 9, 2016.

1. O'Doyle

O'Doyle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Same here: For whatever reason, my gizmos aren't working right. Auto wind only shows a button sometimes, but doesn't do anything when held. Auto slip never engages, snapped lines abound. Am I doing something wrong? 6s+, latest iOS.

2. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Hmm right. Very good chance that's all related. ok, that's all high priority on the 1.02 list. Hoping to submit it before the weekend. We had to do some last minute tweaks to things before launch to fix an exploit one of our testers found and I think they've had knock on effects. Fortunately they should all be fairly easy to clear up.

3. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    6, Latest iOS for me.

4. Zwilnik

Thanks. Ok, here's my current to-do list of fixes for 1.02

Gizmos glitched (so far Auto-Wind and Auto-Slip, but going to check the whole array)

Possible Brown Trout quest glitch (had a report of someone stuck at that point)

Named fish display weight (and size on screen) too large (some great screenshots there ;) )

Casting tuning.

There's some new features we're planning on adding, although I'm focusing on the bug fixes first. But FishNet will be making a return ;)

5. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    There's only one thing better than a good app: a responsive developer! Thanks, guys!

6. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    Very much this. Fantastic devs indeed.

7. Zwilnik

Well the good news is the AutoWind and AutoSlip bugs were just stupid coder issues, so they're now fixed. I've also tidied up the buttons for the bait box so you can select/unselect items properly and see which gizmos are currently selected next to your rod.
    More bugs to fix and stuff to tune though, so no rest for me yet :)

8. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    Yay! Good job m8

9. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    I was about to bring that up. I'm glad you're really giving everything a close look.

10. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    If you need testers, just let us know. We love to help!

11. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    I'd love to help you test as well.

Has anyone caught a grouper? I have all the stages unlocked and haven't seen a single one.

12. Zwilnik

They're mainly around the Shores of Blue. Cast between 50-120ft using squid for the most chance of hooking one.

Once I've got the casting tweaks working I'm going to prep the new version for submission. I'll PM you both via TA for your details to add to our external TestFlight program :)

13. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    A grouper you say? Boy, have I!

[​IMG]

14. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    So that's where they were hiding! I've got my 20 now!

15. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    Another bug related to the Tacklebox: The descriptions of the special rods seem to be jumbled. This is happening on my iPhone and iPad. I have yet to check on my Apple TV.

16. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    same. Simple mix-up—the rods function according to picture, descriptions are off.

17. Zwilnik

Thanks guys, added to the fix list :)

18. Zwilnik

O'Doyle & InfiniteZero, just PM'd you both :)

19. Infinite Zero

Sep 13, 2013
    The beta is looking good so far. Auto-wind is pretty useless with huge fish, even with auto-slip and super line. That's ok though. Auto-wind feels like cheating.

I wouldn't mind the super line being a bit stronger though. I don't notice much difference between it and the normal line.

20. Zwilnik

Yup. Auto-Wind is more to quickly reel in the easier fish and Auto-Slip is sort of a catch to reduce the difficulty at the easier levels. Don't want to take all the skill away ;)

I think we can get away with the super line being a bit stronger (remember there's line oil too though). Just sorting the new beta out to go out today hopefully.