iPad Flick Bowling 1.2 Feature Requests - Let me know what you want

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hippieman, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Hippieman

Hippieman Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Senior Producer, Designer
    San Francisco
    Hi Guys,

We are finishing up a Moto Chaser update and are about to start on a Flick Bowling 1.2 update.

We are going to take care of obvious bugs, such as the 10th frame score issue. And we are cleaning up the texture manager and making sure the cache does not build up.

But, we'd like to know what cool features you'd like to see. I sure cannot promise everything, but I'll sure try.

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    About time u guys fixed the crazy controls on that game. Waaaaay too sensitive, even for a master SuperMonkeyBall player like me...

3. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    can you make sounds volume level
    and pause button for all your games?

4. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    Okay, glad to hear an update is coming...

1) their needs to be greater pin action

2) there's a bug where sometimes at the beginning of a frame not all of the pins are set up

3) online play

4) tournament mode

5) resume play

5. Hippieman

Nov 6, 2008
    San Francisco
    Yeah, we are doing arcade steering (on by default) or the original steering. And other updates and fixes. Should of been sooner, but we were not going to ignore the game.

6. Hippieman

Nov 6, 2008
    San Francisco
    All of our games have a pause button (except for Jared and SimStapler, but they don't need one).

7. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    motochaser doesnt hve pause button where...?
    its ahs sound volume sry my bad there

8. RaiderRich721

RaiderRich721 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Self Employed! Love being my own boss! This is the
    CALI
    Update...

Thanks for asking. I love playing flick bowling. I would love it if we could play via online play. If not more characters added would be nice. Along with more ball designs. I also noticed a lot of times, especially on possible splits the pins do not tend to hit the other pins thus helping your shot out some. Also nothing is mentioned when you make 3 straight strikes ie "Turkey" or "Triple". If you happen to bowl a 300 game do you have any unlockables? Team play would be cool too. Ever thought of making any variations such as Low Ball, Poker or odds/evens? Thanks...

9. Hippieman

Nov 6, 2008
    San Francisco
    Tap The time that's counting down in a game to pause and unpause the game.

10. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Besides the stuff already on the update list:

Ability to rename players so that the high score list shows your name not the characters.

More bowling alleys.

Way to move player after you line them up and let go. This would cancel taking the shot. Maybe shake the phone to enable this.

Customize characters outfits. How about as a part of a challenge mode where winning earns new shoes, shirts, pants, and accessories.

11. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Trick shot mode where you have to bowl around objects or through holes and hit certain pins...

12. rpfotog

rpfotog New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Right now, it's impossible to pick up the spare if you have any kind of split. The pin action just isn't real enough. You should be able to clip the head pin and pick up the 7 pin for a spare. You just need a little more realistic pin action.

Thanks for a great game!

13. Add a "peggle" like option when it hits the last orange ball. Basically in Flick Bowling slow gamespeed down by 75% or so (slowmo) and zoom in very close to pins and let us see the physics in action of the pins getting knocked over. That might need to be an option as some may not like that. I'd love to have that for each bowl though.

14. RosieProf

RosieProf Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Separate difficulty settings

Thanks for asking!

My young kids and I love your game.

If it's not too difficult, it would be great if when using two player mode, a separate difficulty could be set for each. That way I could make it easier for my kids, and harder for me.

Actually, now that I think about it, allowing more than two players to play a game (3 or 4), would be great. That way my whole family could play together!

Thanks again.