iPad Flexis?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchGene, Dec 10, 2008.

1. TouchGene

TouchGene Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Has anyone tried it? Looks like a decent Tetris clone with physics, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to pay $5 for it yet.

2. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It has indeed some interesting features but I'm not that impressed right now.

Sometimes I stop moving tiles and the game physics seems to play better than me! :D

Anyway I've just played once but 8 levels at least.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I have to agree with carlos. The game basically plays itself and when a chain doesn't happen I just swiped my finger and the physics bounced things around to make another chain.

The play area is also very small and fills up far too fast. I'd pass until the game got a serious price drop

4. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #4 LordGek, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
    REVIVE LONG DEAD THREAD, REVIVE!

This game doesn't look half bad to me but, with my impeccable timing, I starting looking into it AFTER it recently took a big jump back up in price again.

First there is this video of the actual gameplay:

Then factor in that I LOVED the PC/Mac game, Triptych

[​IMG]

So am I missing something, it looks kind of fun?

5. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Yeah, I've had this game for a while, but it's been twice removed from my device already, and I'm not sure it will ever make its way back on.

The comments above are spot on. The game plays itself more often than not. The control mechanism just didn't make for a fun game. Overall, it seemed like a cool idea that just wasn't executed well.

6. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I know others have brought up Touch and Go as an alternative but it doesn't quite do it for me.