iPad Fleet Command

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mtraunau, Oct 23, 2010.

1. mtraunau

mtraunau New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Fleet Command
    available now!!!!!
    [​IMG]

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fleet-command/id369211624?mt=8

PromoCodes (please reply the used ones):
    AKRHNN4AY9XX
    ENYKR6FPKTT9
    ANLNX43LMT7L
    3YPNY3MA3LTL
    AR3PKLFX9R63
    A7KYXEPE7L7P
    PNAJPE6MRF7W
    7XLXNNLRER9E
    JWWPTRHAN9T3
    Y3AANKRLNLEL

Description:
    "Join the Navy!", they said. "Lots of fun!", they said. And they were right. Defend your aircraft carrier in this super cool action game. Launch your fighter planes to shoot enemy aircrafts. Sink enemy warships and submarines but watch your fighters - if they run out of fuel, they will be lost forever.

Fight for your next promotion to get more planes, bonus weapons and ships. Blast your enemies by using the ultimate nuclear bonus weapon. Innovative and fast-paced gameplay for maximum fun on your mobile!

*** From the makers of Drawbridge and Alien Taxi ***

===============================

FEATURES:
    - FULL GAME CENTER SUPPORT
    - Fast-paced gameplay with lots of explosions
    - "Faster" Mode for adrenaline junkies
    - Super smooth animations
    - Innovative gameplay
    - Multiple achievements to unlock
    - Online worldwide scores
    - Interactive tutorial
    - 6 difficulty levels available to unlock
    - Super cool sound effects

[​IMG]

Have Fun playing!!

2. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Thank you for ENYKR6FPKTT9 :)

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    JWWPTRHAN9T3 taken...

thanks a lot!!!

4. vonmajica

vonmajica Active Member

Sep 28, 2009
    starbucks
    AKRHNN4AY9XX

took this one

5. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    I took 7XLXNNLRER9E. Thanks!

6. vonmajica

vonmajica Active Member

Sep 28, 2009
    starbucks
    at first i thought this wud be a lo9t like flight control but this is totally different. i like the concept alot!! its really fun!! i recommend it for 99 cents

7. mtraunau

mtraunau New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Thank you very much for your positive review, glad you like it!

There are still some promo codes left to grab - please write a review in iTunes if you liked our game :)

8. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    not no more went down the line theyre all taken now

9. mtraunau

mtraunau New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    As the promo codes are all taken, here are some more.

YA7XF4X34K74
    X9N473P6J7W9
    3R6KRN746LWW
    XH3W6FM7YA7X
    JM34JHFJL3NX

Retina update is on the way, looking very good ;-)

10. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    thanks took XH3W6FM7YA7X

11. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    missed again oh well its gonna have to wait till i get cards lol

12. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

v1.1 up!

Dev's blog on the update:

The update for Fleet Command is now in review and includes full retina display support (all graphics repainted for high resolution) looking incredibly cool.

In addition to this a new enemy unit is introduced: the stealth fighter, available in the highest difficulty ranks.

Some score and Game Center issues were resolved.

13. Breck

Breck Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Any opinions on the game? Judging just from screenshots I could see how it could be quite fun, I just can't really envision exactly how it's played.

14. PhysicalEd

PhysicalEd Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Great that you have the free version up. It was hard to picture how the game played, but with the demo I love it. Played a few rounds and bought it right away :)

I'll post some impressions when I've gotten farther, but I sure like it so far, fast paced and challenging, but fun!

15. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

I know my favorite aspects are having to earn my way up through promotions to unlock new challenges and that putting the game on fast forward, while dangerous, will earn you 2x the points on every interception and therefore a potential shortcut to getting that needed promotional score!

16. PhysicalEd

PhysicalEd Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Game Impressions

This is a terrific little game, too good to slip away unnoticed.

It is hard to tell how it plays from it's description, so give the Lite version a try. It didn't take long to sell me on it.

The graphics are reminscent of Flight Control, pretty simple and clean but totally effective. However the gameplay is nothing like it, and it is not a line-drawing game.

Your aircraft carrier is your home base and must be defended. The game is over when it is destroyed. To protect it, you have 4 jet fighters. You set patrol areas for these fighters by touching an area on the screen. This puts up a circle within which the fighters will patrol. You can drag this circle to change the planes patrol area.

Enemy helicopters, planes and ships enter from the edges of the screen. They are indicated by a red icon at the edge before they appear. You must intercept these enemies before they can launch their missiles or fire at you aircraft carrier. So to do this you either launch a fighter to intercept their path, or drag one of your fighers which is already patrolling so it's patrol area will intercept the enemy.

Helicopters are the easiest to intercept, they are slow moving. Fighters are pretty fast and pose the biggest threat. Enemy ships are slow moving but take quite a few hits to destroy, and if they get in range of your carrier are devestating.

So far, so good. But fighters run out of fuel, and when they get low you are warned. You have a limited but reasonable amount of time to return them to the carrier to refuel by tapping the carrier icon in the center of their patrol circle. Once a plane has been sent back to the carrier it will not engage an enemy until launched again.

Your planes do not get shot down (so far as I have seen and I am 1 level from the top difficulty), but they can run out of fuel and crash in the sea if you hesitate in sending them back to the carrier. This spells doom because you need to keep a constant cycle of planes launching from the carrier to replace planes that are low on fuel, or to do a quick intercept when you have no other plane in the area. You can move a planes patrol area, but it takes time to fly to the new area. If you need a quick intercept for a fighter you haven't noticed, you could be in trouble if you don't have a plane available to launch.

At higher levels, stealth fighters appear (they don't show the icon, but can be seen when they are close to your ship). It isn't unfair - you are warned one is coming. The next level has subs, but I haven't gotten there yet. At higher level you get some bonus icons that appear over your carrier, like a single missile to one-shot kill an enemy of its own choosing, a repair to your ships damage, or extra speed for your planes.

The overall gameplay is a frantic juggle of getting planes sent back to the carrier to refuel, moving patrol areas to intercept new enemies, and launching fresh planes to cover gaps. I never feel like the game is unfair, rather that I didn't do a good enough job handling the action. It's my own fault I didn't notice that fighter coming in, or how I could have missed the warning that a plane was low on fuel! Damn, I know I can do better :)

Oh, and if the game does start to get easy, it has a brilliant little mechanic - a double speed/double score button. Hit that and everything happens twice as fast, and you get twice the score while it is on. Things get crazy very quickly! But you can turn it off again too, which is what is so clever about it as opposed to just having it tied to difficulty level.

Anyway, I really enjoy this game and I think it will be one of the ones I keep on my phone for when I want an enjoyable 5 minute bout of action! Give the free version a try and see what you think!