Universal Flatdog (by Jason Belmonti)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by flatdog, Mar 8, 2017.

1. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Awesome so glad to hear!

2. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hey! Sorry to hear about your frustration - yeah this mechanic is not obvious and one of the design decisions I made early on was to make sure that at the beginning of every level any level was solvable. However, if your not strategic in your block breaking it can become unsolvable. This is meant to be kind of a non-obvious brain teaser.

Additionally, unlocking the sniff power will also REALLY help in your search for the wormhole.

Hope this helps!

3. retroboy27

retroboy27 Active Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Male
    Data Analyst
    Ohio, USA
    Been looking for a fun twin stick type shooter. This is a blast to play! Reminds me of something Llamasoft would've put out, and that is high praise, IMO.

4. harlsom

harlsom Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Pro's: Sparkles, graphics in general
    Cons: Gameplay is junk. Movement lacks finesse.

Maybe I haven't given it enough time, but for me the best part of the game was the intro (which totally sold me) and I'm gonna tell myself the intro was worth the $2

5. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I'll have to check out Llamasoft, sorry to say I'm not familiar. Thanks for checking it out, glad you had some fun with it. Really appreciate the kind words!

6. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Really sorry to hear that you didn't find the gameplay engaging. I'm definitely open to suggestions if you have any ideas about how I can improve the gameplay and movement.

Flatdog should only be $0.99 in the US. If you're really unhappy with your purchase you can follow this guide to get a refund: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

I hope you'll give it a chance to grow on you, but I understand Flatdog wont appeal to everybody. Again, sorry to hear about your negative experience. I'm receptive to feedback and would really appreciate ideas that can help me improve the experience!

Thanks for checking it out and giving it a shot!

7. harlsom

harlsom Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Hey don't worry about the refund dude, thanks though. As far as movement, to be more specific, the air movement is unreliable at best, you can't really judge how far left or right you're going to move.

I just felt like I wasn't in control at all.

8. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Understood! Thanks for the specific feedback - I'll add it to my issue tracker.