Universal Flashout 2 - (by Jujubee)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 26, 2014.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Agreed. Finally picking it up here as well!

Well done Jujubee.

2. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I've played through the first cup (I did not win all the races but I won the cup).

A really good up date. The driving model is fantastic, responsive controls and a real sense of velocity.

The game got 3.5 stars in the TA review. With this update I can easily see it being 4- 4.5 stars.

3. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks for reporting back and for this awesome opinion! Glad you enjoy the update! Cheers!

4. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    How is it working with a Controller?I saw a review in the (german)app store that said the MFI support is quite bad.True?Other opinions?Thanks:)

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    pick it up now and will post a video gameplay of the new update soon.

6. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Would be great :).

The game fully supports iOS7 compatible controllers (for examply by Moga & Logitech). Cheers!

7. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Wow, that's quite an overhaul, you guys seemed to have addressed EVERY complaint on this forum. Color me impressed. I'm heading over the App Store to press that buy button now.

8. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Thank you Jake, much appreciated!:)

9. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Count me in, too. Glad to see the update as I was a big fan of the first one. Downloading now.

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #170 redribbon, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  11. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks for posting the video with the new gameplay!

12. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Has anyone been able to get gold on the Hong Kong Gravity Masters with the first ship?

I bought the speed boost but have only got 1:16.62.

13. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    The first Flashout held a lot of promise, but ultimately didn't quite jive with me as a huge Wipeout fan. Then the sequel launched and all the negativity around the monetization scared me off from buying (even though I defended the devs... some of the criticism -- one user in particular -- was a bit over the top).

Well, with the huge overhaul seeming to fix the majority of people's complaints I finally took the plunge last week and bought the game.

And holy shit. I expected it to be a big improvement on the first game... but what surprised me is that it ended up being EASILY one of the best futuristic racers on iOS. In my mind there is now Repulze and Flashout 2, and nothing else comes close.

The tilt steering feels great, the sense of speed is spot on, the combat is exhilarating, there is loads of content, the framerate and graphics are nearly perfect, the difficulty is just right, and (I'm happy to report) the pace you get money for new ships/upgrades is beyond fair.

It's not perfect, though. The main thing that sticks out is the tracks all look very similar. Also, real time multiplayer is always empty (though the most recent update seems to have added something like Real Racing's ghost multiplayer... I haven't messed with it too much).

All in all, this is a fantastic racer -- and an amazing achievement if you played the first game and the first version of this one and can see how far it's come. At this rate, a Flashout 3 will undoubtedly surpass Repulze as my favorite iOS racer.

Seriously people, if you've been holding out because of horror stories earlier in this thread or you didn't like the first game, you have nothing to fear. Flashout 2 is an extremely solid game.

14. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks for your review and great that you enjoy the game! Cheers!

15. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Thank you guys for working so tirelessly to please the fans. From a gaming perspective it paid off massively. Hopefully people update their AppStore reviews so it pays off financially as well!

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Free right now

17. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    (Grabs chips and soda... Gets ready for the show ...)

Just tried the game and I like Repulze's sense of speed better. I may try it again later but mainly downloaded it to lock in the license.

18. I doubt if there will be a show, but we shall see. It didn't go freemium right? Just a temp price drop?

19. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Jujubee, can you guys clarify the different modes in the multiplayer section? Here is what I assume:

"GameCenter Racing"
    - online racing using GC

"Multiplayer Racing"
    - Local only, probably wifi/bluetooth

"Ghost Racing"
    - Chooses actual player ghosts from ios and android based on their times/what difficulty you chose. Weapons don't affect them. Bots fill in when there aren't enough ghosts (I keep getting "Sparky" over and over...)

Is this correct?

PS - Still playing every day. Hope the sale works out!

20. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    FLASHOUT 2 for iOS just got updated to version 1.5! The game is now available for the promotional price of $0.99 and we did not just fix a few bugs - we added 10 new and catchy music tunes, did some optimizations and added a countdown timer on the "Race Complete" screen! If you own FLASHOUT 2 make sure to download this amazing update!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/us/id714855716?mt=8