Universal Flashout 2 - (by Jujubee)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 26, 2014.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I did! That's how I got gold in the time trial ;-) Not disagreeing, the balance just feels inconsistent across events in the same cup to me. Or it could be that I suck at picking up things on the track, although the hit boxes for pickups feel smallish.

But NEVERMIND!!! Epic update is in the works and I can't wait for it!!!

2. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Anyone ever play Speed Racer on the DS?

Has this game got a similar vibe going on?

3. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #143 Larni, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    I agree. Bigger hit boxes and the icons to be a bit more distinctive would be good.

Sort of. Much more like WipEout 2097.

4. This game is a pretty cool space racer, really looking forward to the next update with some more balancing changes, then it will be awesome.

5. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I did! Not same vibe IMHO due to difficulty here and not the mechanic of flying and landing on your opponents. Fun game on the easier side that I enjoyed on the DS for many hours (I like my games on the easier side, frankly).

6. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    As I get older, so do I.

7. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Going to pick this up once the update is out.

8. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Me three.

9. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Yeah. I definitely get a Wipeout vibe here tho there are less tight corners. This has a good flow to it. I use the floating joystick with slightly less than half sensitivity, it seems to work well.

10. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    This is pretty easy. I've been getting through fairly smoothly with only some replaying to earn money to buy new ships.

11. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Really glad the update improved things and that it's now much easier to play - can't wait to hear your feedback when the 1.3 update will be out:). Cheers!

12. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Looking forward to it great game so far just played London track it was a lovely smooth ride I loved it. Wipeout spoiled itself with too tight corners you need to keep the flow going which this does, not to say it isn't challenging.

13. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Any news on that update?

14. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Yes, I didn't write anything because it is still in the works, however we plan to send it to Apple tomorrow - we are now testing it and if everything is fine it will be sent for review within 24 hours, so you can expect the update to be released very soon :). Of course it will depend on how long the review process would take - but shouldn't be longer than 10 days. I'll keep you posted. Cheers!

15. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    That's great news.

Any teasers for the content?

16. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    We've made many changes - I should have the final list tomorrow but we removed the shop before each race and now there are many more bonuses on the tracks, we also changed the balance a little bit and we improved the Destruction Mode in Career Mode, but of course these are not the only changes. Anyway we tried to include all the important changes you suggested guys, so we hope you'll be happy with the update:). Cheers!

17. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    I have some good news - the update 1.3 is now officially out! Make sure to download it because it brings some important changes:

- Ammo shop removed - now you don't need to buy ammo and bonuses before each race, but you collect them on the circuit!

- Cup prizes revised - much more cash to buy new ships and upgrades!

- Improved gameplay balance - more engaging and more fun!

- Changes in Online Multiplayer Mode - ammo shop removed, new features added!

- Minor changes and bugfixes!

To celebrate the release of version 1.3 we also dropped the price of FLASHOUT 2 to $0.99. Cheers!

18. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Good stuff. You seem have got the sweet spot pretty nailed down in my brief play. Lots pick ups, lots of fun.

I really like the way the barrel roll jumps no longer sap your speed.

Nice one!

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    That new update seems too good to be true :D

I think it's time for me to pick this one up now ;)

20. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Great to hear, thanks for your support :).